Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    The plugs on the Tiger were pretty well worn at 12k miles.

[​IMG]
  2. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well there's your problem, you're only using 3 plugs! You need to step up to 4 like our bikes!
  3. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    I have a dilemma. I've rented an aerator for tomorrow assuming that we would be able to borrow a trailer to pick it up.

Anyone in the 614 have a utility trailer I can borrow? Call me at 614-five.six.two-2563 if you can help out.
  4. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I'm 100 miles from you but if you are stuck you can have mine. If you want it I will just unlock it, come and get it. 2" ball / 4 wire flat. You know where I live.
  5. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:

I have no cell service right but you are welcome to my mow trailer and/or truck, I'm about 45 min from you.

Should have asked, I have an aerator you could have used.
  6. EJV

EJV Jeep. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I forgot what GPS I had. It says it is a 550. Dox approved at the time.
    I think 200 off Amazon
    The Mount was about 130 from Touratech.
    -It tells me how to get home.
    -Custom routes are made to werk.
    -It finds Gas Stations when the Low Fuel Light is on.
    -It is weather resistant
    -No prob with power (turns on and off with the Ign.)

I just put the Heat Controllers on the other day (see the knobs?).

Mikef,
    I have not done the airscrew adjustment. (no need??). I did do the "15 HP Add on" though. Short your Clutch Switch. You will be impressed at low end. (Super Sport Mode). It now has Normal Hooligan and Sport Hooligan modes.

[​IMG]
  7. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    just a few bits of info regarding this sundays ride:

Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset"> Originally Posted by sion [​IMG]
    announcing...

Sion's (First Annual?) Big Hock Hollow Ride

what is it?

a paved road only tour of the Hocking Hills and Tar Hollow areas...175 miles of some of the best (but lesser known) roads in the Lancaster-Logan-Chillicothe corridor...

when is it?

Sunday, September 30, 2012 @ 11 am

where is it?

Starts at the Tarlton Market in Tarlton, OH
    located here: http://goo.gl/maps/mnk65

Ends at the Millstone BBQ restaurant in Logan, OH
    located here: http://goo.gl/maps/rRRtj

featuring:

about 175 miles of scenic, twisty roads
    gas stop at about the 95 mile mark

who's invited?

any and all with a two wheeled machine capable of sustained speeds of 50+

so, who's interested...?

</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Gas:

the gas station at the Tarlton Market has ONLY 87 octane gas...so you may wanna top off in Oakland if you bike requires a higher grade. Or carry a bottle of octane booster.

Oakland gas station is here: http://goo.gl/maps/lhQTu

the gas station at the halfway point carries 87, 89 and 93, so no worries there.

Rules:

I have only two rules and they're pretty simple.

First rule is about helmets. I won't insist everyone be fully ATGATT but I do think everyone should be wearing a helmet. I don't expect that to be a problem with this crowd, but I wanted to put it out there just the same.

Second rule is that, if for any reason you have to leave the ride before the end, please tell me (or someone who will tell me) so we're not waiting or looking for someone who went home.

Other than that, I'm sure standard group ride etiquette will suffice. I intend to do a quick head check at every stop sign and red light. I pre-rode both legs within the last 10 days and there are only 3 redlights to deal with. 2 of them are the temporary type due to bridge repairs where theres only 1 lane.

Finally, here's my cell phone number 740-three-oh-4 one 5 niner niner. I'll be in Tarlton by 10:30 at the latest. If you happen to be running late and want to call/text and ask us to wait, feel free to do so. In the absence of any calls or texts, we'll be pulling out at 11. The gas stop is at 95 miles or so and we should get there somewhere between 1 and 1:30. I'm figuring about 15-30 mins for everyone to gas up and then the final 75 miles to the Millstone should get us there around 3:30-4:00.

If anyone who cant make the ride wants to stop by The Millstone and have a beverage with us, thats cool too. We should be pretty easy to spot.
  8. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Indyowner - thanks for the nutcracker video - wish I had been there - looked like fun trails - see you at McArthur.
  9. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    You're welcome. I had a blast. I'll be driving down next Friday night and riding both days at the Baby Burr. Should be another great weekend.

You going to be on your husky?
  10. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    RULES? We don't need no stinkin' rules! ;)
  11. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    I'm headed your way sort of with a trailer to pick up a motorcycle. I was going to be in lithopolis around 11am. Can we make something work providing you don't live too terribly far from
  12. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    It's been working well for me too. I used to kill phones every 3-6 months before I bought the Casio rugged phones. She does everything I need. Like Mike said, not a Cadillac, but it keeps working.
  13. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

no, thats badges:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PI9jFp0cnig?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PI9jFp0cnig?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

anyway...think of them more as guidlines than rules
  14. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Total nerd point here but the original line (which is not exactly the same, but close) is from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, it has been spoofed a zillion times from Blazing Saddles to UHF...
  15. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    :deal
    105 miles to get there...
    175 mile ride...
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W37FkT6GVeA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    128 miles to get home...

408 mile day... :freaky

Piece of cake of my ST1300 :wink:

Now not getting any speeding tickets? Very difficult... :(
  16. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all for the offers of trailer assistance. Due to tight scheduling requirements I wound up renting a trailer at U-haul. Lawn has been aerated and I'm now nursing the blisters with a cold, beer filled glass at the local Winking Lizard. Wings already ordered.

Thx again.
  17. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought that was you pulling an aerator behind a CRF on 270!
  18. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    turns out the gas station in Oakland is closed on Sundays. Closest other options are Circleville, Laurelville, Lancaster and this place on 56:

http://www.google.com/maps?q=39.53063,-82.839254&num=1&t=h&z=20
  19. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    For any youts that's gonna come and play in the dirt with me tomorrow, unless it's pissing rain at departure time, I'm gonna do breakfast at Little Phil's in Somerset (on the square) at 9am (they are open on Sundays, turns out).

Then, head down to the Perry parking lot sometime before 10. Meet either place if ya like, ride some dirt, watch Craig fall over alot, etc.

Have fun all you guys doing Sion's road ride...stay safe.

:clap
  20. steveb126

steveb126 Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer:
    We ate lunch at Phils in Somerset last weekend on our round about way to Cincy.

I'm planning on doing sion's ride tomorrow.