The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. roundtripping

roundtripping Adventourist

Oddometer:
    If you non-owners weren't following us around like puppies and instead kept the non-owner questions in the other thread there wouldn't be a problem. :deal:lol3
  2. TNC

TNC Candyass Camper

Oddometer:
    That's interesting, joe Why do the two sites have noticeably different travel specs? The one that was for sale a couple of weeks ago at my old shop had the numbers you get on their Honda U.S. site. The one you linked definitely shows a 9.8" front and 9.4" rear which is more. What's the source of your link? It would be interesting to know which one is correct or why the difference.
  3. joec63

joec63 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Can't say why the discrepancy for specs listed. The site linked is a Honda Europe site. Also seen this spec listed on a motorcycle mag site, can't recall which one now. Measured my bike and it does check out. I've read this is a world bike so you would think they would all be the same ? *Speculation* Are there bikes being manufactured with different travel numbers and if so, why?
  4. RED1

RED1 yes it really is me

Oddometer:

The australian service manual lists the travel as 222mm/8.7in for front and 240mm/9.4in for the rear.
  5. bungie4

bungie4 Frostback

Oddometer:
  6. joec63

joec63 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Interesting

There's those numbers again.

7. Dirt699

Dirt699 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I have been riding dirt bikes for a while and just got a CRF250L which is my first DS. I am a big fan of DIY modding and tinkering around with things so naturally I modded the exhaust with the help of my friend, check it out.. :evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For all of you smokey bears out there I will be installing a spark arrestor in the near future. but overall it woke the bike up a bit and the EFI system seems to cope with it quite well. I want to modd the air box but not sure if I should wait to get a power commander before I go messing around too much:D. let me know what you gents think:ear

oh yeah, and I can actually hear the bike at speed so I know what my RPMs are aroundabout.
  8. Downstater

Downstater Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I kept the stock baffle and just cut off the spark arrester but kept the pip long enough to still go into the back baffled plate in the muffler. It really gave the exhaust a nice sound without beig too loud, which is all I was looking for temporarily. And regarding the smokey the bear folks, I dont think any sparks will be able to get past that catalytic converter. Once a decent slip on is available I will be ditching the stock anchor and buying one. I also have talked to bazzaz and they plan on making a programmer for our bikes soon. All they have to do is change the wire lengths on their existing cbr250 programmer and make a new specific map for our bikes.
    oalvarez likes this.
  9. Dirt699

Dirt699 n00b

Oddometer:
    Good to hear, I wanted to take the pipe out to open it up to the other two holes in the baffle plate. it is not too loud either in MHO of course. as far as a new pipe I e-mailed TB and they are working on a pipe for this bad boy. they expect it to be out by the end of the year. but not certain.
  10. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Paper filter? That would relegate it to street only use where I live. Dust, dust, and more dust. Good to know the FI can be remapped, hard to believe on such a cheap bike. I drilled out the baffles on my XT225, and had to go up one jet size on both the main and pilot. I guess I'll keep it just for it's foam filter. The XT250 has a paper filter too. Don't they realize that a dirt bike needs a cleanable, reoilable filter?
  11. SugarDust

SugarDust Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer:
    I wonder if the K&N filter for the CBR250R would work?
  12. RED1

RED1 yes it really is me

Oddometer:
    Here is a list of things available in Australia for the 250L, there are Moriwaki mufflers and full exhausts, with bash plate and radiator guards being made now, also looking at a foam air filter. Prices are AUD + 10% tax! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. Downstater

Downstater Adventurer

Oddometer:
    jealous. You ausies have it good! We probably wont see parts like this in the US for months if not a year... Unless that is if someone wants to start importing these??!! :wink:

BTW... Who/what is moriwaki? never heard of them and ive been riding for 20 years. The exhaust LOOKS nice but its hard to tell much until seeing one in person. Any of you ausies have exporting experience?
  14. taninthai

taninthai Adventurer

Oddometer:
    you wanna try being in thailand had bike 3 months now and to get anything is a huge mission
    many parts appearing in usa now
    crfs only website now has the 250l listed and is adding parts almost daily they have front and rear sprockets available ,now how much to get them delivered to thailand
  15. RED1

RED1 yes it really is me

Oddometer:
  16. MEROST

MEROST Southwest

Oddometer:
    I have never got less than 70 mpg with my CRF250L. It's very fuel efficient.
  17. Downstater

Downstater Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Most of the parts for our bike on crfs only are either universal or made for other bikes and just happen to fit. I'm talking about model specific gear like a rear rack, bash guard, exhaust, etc...

It will take the aftermarket some time to catch up with real accessories and parts.
  18. taninthai

taninthai Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Most off the stuff listed by red1 is available direct from your Honda dealer however most of it is rubbish the engine guard is a complete waste of time , the exhaust from morawaki is imported from japan and is well overpriced also the lowering kit is also from japan and people have found other ways to lower it at a fraction of thecost as said USA has the most and easiest access to aftermarket parts for this bike with parts appearing on Internet sites daily
  19. roundtripping

roundtripping Adventourist

Oddometer:
    Links?
  20. ml_homeboy

ml_homeboy n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi All Picked mine up on Sept 1 and been enjoying quit a bit ;) Reason for purchase was the weight a dual purpose capability; last Aug I purchased a new EB FC Airstream and missed the fact I could ride while camping in many places. I'm a true die hard Honda rider and have owned many over my 30 yrs of riding. Will post some picks soon.

Couple Question for other owner:

• Did your come with a owners manual?
    • Vibration - What is vibrating on the front?
    • The 1k valve check - Is this something easy to do, im very handy just wanted to know the scale 1-10 for a DIY.

Anyone else from Jersey?

Thanks
    Ml_Homeboy