Dakar 2013 - Official Event Coverage - thank you ALL TeamF5, lurkers and posters!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doyle, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Who.
  2. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What.
  3. ric678

ric678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where
  4. Beer

Beer 950 SE

Oddometer:
  5. Mudguts

Mudguts when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer:
  6. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    I. Dunno

No Watt's in 33rd...

SS6
  7. ric678

ric678 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl...I don't care what anyone says, now that's funny!!
  8. Drif10

Oddometer:
  9. XSpearsX

XSpearsX Proud Dakar Wife

Oddometer:
    Any lives lost are a tragedy, but praying this is not true.
  10. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    SEnt lyndon a text. I believe it's bivouac misinformation. R2R crew injured but stable. Multiple civilian fatalities and injuries are the latest confirmed that I've seen.
  11. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Same here from a google, but I don't search in the local language, I don't speak it.
  12. PackMule

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  13. XSpearsX

Oddometer:
    Just in from the Freedom Rally (RMS) truck:

In Calama tonight prepping the bikes for the marathon stage. Marco and Mateos bikes are in good shape. Luis is still out on the course. We will next see the bikes on the rest day in Tucuman.
  14. ararat

ararat Dr. BMW and Mr KTM

Oddometer:
    Auckland the land of the rain and clouds...
    Oh no.... say it ain't true!!!!:cry
  15. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
    Uno de los fallecidos en accidente del Dakar es chileno

(...)

While the English Justin Bischall, John Winskill and Lee Townend, Support Team Land Rover Dakar, were injured.
    Immediately after the collision, two cars collided stricken units. Vehicle is Argentina KPY-043 board that also provided mechanical assistance to Dakar and a second plate Z1J collective-620 driven by Mamani Huallpa Lizandro to avoid colliding violently who made ​​a reckless maneuver despistándose and giving over several times.
    Seven people were injured being treated at the hospital Hipólito Unanue. These are tacneños Mamani Monica Celaya (26), Begonia Tintalla Arocutita (26) and Olga Ruiz Paredes, the Arequipa Alex Vasquez Vasquez (23), Germán Consa Mamani (22) and Luis Ccama Vilca (53), in addition to the citizen Cochón Maribel Escobar (39) Natural Ilo who suffered a cut near his left eye and mild TBI.
    deaths
    Accident victims were identified as Arturo Lopez Maquera (40) bus driver and Chilean citizen Jose Humberto Gomez Vera.
    Transfer to Lima
    Just after 3:00 am the English John Winskill (conductor), Justin Lee Townend Bischall and left the hospital emergency service to be conducted Unanue International Airport Coronel FAP Carlos Ciriani Santa Rosa from where they were transferred to the city of Lima . Each of the wounded was accompanied by a medical organization.
  16. XSpearsX

Oddometer:
    From Dave (RMS)

This morning I was lucky enough to be the deliver messenger for the ADV rider contributions to Manuel Luchese. Thats a lot of clams!

Attached Files:

17. PackMule

Oddometer:
    BTW, that was a first for me, I think -- listened to Lyndon's call from the RallyRAIDio.net website (on my phone) while I was outside with the kids. :dj

Was that an awesome call, or what? :bow
  18. Jurassic

Jurassic Long timer

Oddometer:
    The fact that Lyndon makes time to call in EVERY day speaks volumes about the man, there must be a thousand other things he'd rather (or ought to) be doing yet he still makes time to keep us in the loop. Awesome as you say.
  19. PackMule

Oddometer:
    That's the coolest thing. :clap
  20. 8340SU

8340SU Long timer

Oddometer:
    2013 Dakar - Stage 6
    by Cyril Despres on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 1:45pm ·

Cyril Despres

“Yesterday I said my plan for today was to push right from the start and that is exactly what I did until km 24 when I went into the wrong valley. I only lost about 2 minutes but it took about 3 boxes on the road book to make sure I was back on track and it all interrupted my flow a little. I went well over the rest of the first special and really enjoyed the second special after the neutralisation. For the first time on this Dakar we were on hard-packed pistes and it made a nice change from all the sand and off-piste we’ve had until now. There must have been between 150 to 200 bends over that section and it was great fun drifting through them. Quite quickly though I got caught in Bottuiri’s dust and then he got caught in Casteu’s who eventually got stuck behind Pain. I never overtake in the dust, as it is just too dangerous, and that meant that I didn’t make up as much time over the stage as I had hoped.

Tomorrow is the start of the marathon stage that will eventually take us to Tucuman. With no mechanical assistance tomorrow night we will have to take care of our engines and also make sure we get enough sleep. Fortunately Ruben had another great day today and so we will be able to ride tactically tomorrow which should allow me to catch up to Lopez and pull back 4 minutes.”