Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
  2. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    They also teach dirt courses. I can't recall the exact locations though.

If you can ride even semi comfortably,skip the basic rider course and returning rider. The rr course was a bit more involved,but still very basic. The other 2 are quite a bit better for any experience level over pure beginner IMO,but I've only stopped in on a couple bits to talk with the instructor on them and watched.

One other bit of news and a question. Justgastanks.com forgot my second petcock in an order,less than 3 minutes into the call and they had the missing part boxed and ready for the next pickup. Thumbs up there for good customer service on your error.

That said, what's the legality,if any,of running an 80w/100w headlight? High/low beam on those numbers.
  3. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Message sent to Transportation Committee :deal
  4. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up, just got signed up for the experienced course. I'm sure I'll be able to learn some stuff seeing as I have no formal training at all...
  5. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

the experienced course is good, lots of good drills to practice (not that I ever do :D). where you taking it? and which bike you gonna take?
  6. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Just Monkeying Around

Oddometer:
    Louisville, Ohio/South Carolina in the winter
    Took rxcrider's two messages and twicked them a little and fired them off to rep. and trans comm. members.

Thank you Muddy for all you do for us numb skulls.

rxcrider, you did a great job on those two messages, should have been a lawyer.

Dave
  7. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Anyone looking for a stupid fast mount, my buddy Tim is selling his 07 1000RR. 11k miles, think he is looking for around $6k or trade toward a cafe or bobber.

[​IMG]
  8. GregsBro

GregsBro a.k.a. Scott

Oddometer:

I've taken that dirt rider course at the Troy location, Trust me they have nothing to offer you guys.

They talk about which peg to put your weight on in various situations, lofting the front wheel while you ride over a 4X4, how to turn the bike around on a hill. It's really for someone that hasn't ridden much at all and with no dirt time.
  9. buildit

Oddometer:
    But that's perfect for them. They can walk in act like idiots who've never ridden on gravel and ride away like David Knight. :lol3
  10. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chillicothe on May 26 and was originally thinking about taking the GS-A as that is the one I'm normally riding on the road but now you have me second guessing myself. Not having any idea what they do, would a smaller bike be preferred?
  11. buildit

Oddometer:
    I watched the drills the advanced riders did and you would be fine on the GSA. Unless you are more comfortable on the 200cc bikes? :rolleyes
  12. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up. The Army is getting more risk-adverse every year and now requires training above BRC to ride on-post. I just signed up for the BRC-2 (Experienced Rider Course) in Troy on 5/11.
  13. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    I'm starting a school this spring. It will be just the MSF/Ohio Motorcycle BRC, but I have been friends with Lee Parks for a long time and plan on having him out for his Total Control class once or twice a year. Total Control is a street class, but from what I understand it is very good.
  14. d mc gee

d mc gee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took the ERC a few years ago on my 1150 GS, maybe you should go with only 1/2 a tank of fuel. :D I didn't have any problems with the drills. It would seem fruitless to take the course on any thing other than your main mount.

BTW Check with your insurance company upon completion, some offer a very nice discount. You may save more than your enrollment cost.
  15. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    It is.
  16. invisible monster

invisible monster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like we will be in the same class. Not sure if I'll ride the Ulysses or the 690. Neither has a great turning radius, KTM will be lighter to pick up if I drop it. :lol3
  17. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Uhh...is it just me, or did the vBulletin skin change?
  18. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    It changed here too.
  19. jrockrat

jrockrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Done and Done!! My daughter is very close to being able to get her license and she wants her motorcycle license as soon as she can. :clap
    I want her to be able to have a safety course available to her that she can take to get her license.
  20. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    I just got done calling everyone on the committee. The staff at McGregor's office seems to be tired of getting these calls. Hmm, seems to me like they need more, keep at it!