Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Charla

Charla Tamalamian

Oddometer:
    Sydney's SMG 10mm kicks some serious butt but the condition deteriorates pretty quickly so you have to keep it in good condition.

Laser Rifles are pretty good for long range and you gets more shots in VATS with them, but the Chinese Assault Rifle is pretty much the weapon of choice if there's no Plasma Rifle available.
  2. ThePikeman

ThePikeman German n00b

Oddometer:
    No, they are not. They are great middle range weapon in damage an accuracy.
    When damage is concerned, the combat shotgut is better, but it is short range (big spread). It's not a good idea to have a super mutant standing this close if it can be avoided; great for buildings though.
    Scoped .44 is also better and rather long range.
    Their unique versions, Terrible Shotgun and Blackhawk are even better.
  3. McNeal

McNeal Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Alien Blaster is the best small arm, hell it's probably the best weapon there is, but has two problems. (1) Finding the sucker and (2) very limited ammo supply.
  4. ThePikeman

ThePikeman German n00b

Oddometer:
    It's an energy weapon, that's a different skill.
  5. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    Xuan Long (sp?) Chinese Assault Rifle is on some dead body in the diner near jury street metro.

S'pose to do near 64 dam in top condition.
  6. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    Hacking. Look at the possible words. Try the one first that's mostly different from the rest. Try another. If you're getting closer try a third one that has the same suffix. DON"T pick any more words at this point unless you're positive or there's only one word left.
    Run your cursor over each line of characters. Every pair of brackets "{}", "[]", "()", "<>" on the same line counts as a clue. When you're on the proper left hand bracket, it'll highlight the right bracket along with any character or spaces in between. Clicking these bracket sets will either "Dud Removed", remove a bad password, or "Allowance Replenish" reset you to four new chances. If you get "Input not allowed" (?) you're down to the last word which is the valid password.
  7. Charla

Charla Tamalamian

Oddometer:
    Good to know! :thumb
  8. ThePikeman

ThePikeman German n00b

Oddometer:
    That's: dmg, dmg/s, spread, critical multiplier, crit. dmg, dmg with crit, ammo, magacine, weight, value/weight, action points, dmp/ap, hit points.

<table id="sortable_table_id_2" class="fallout-table sortable" style="text-align: center;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="odd"><td>Chinese Assault Rifle </td><td> 11 </td><td> 44 </td><td> 1.5 </td><td> x0.125 </td><td> +10 </td><td> 44 </td><td> 5.56mm </td><td> 24 </td><td> 7 </td><td> 71 </td><td> 23 </td><td> 1.44 </td><td> 400 </td><td> Rifle-Automatic </td><td align="left">
    </td></tr> <tr class="even"> <td> Xuanlong Assault Rifle </td><td> 12 </td><td> 48 </td><td> 1.5 </td><td> x0.125 </td><td> +12 </td><td> 48 </td><td> 5.56mm </td><td> 36 </td><td> 7 </td><td> 57 </td><td> 23 </td><td> 1.57 </td><td> 400 </td><td> Rifle-Automatic </td></tr></tbody></table>
  9. Jonnylotto

Oddometer:
    There's a random encounter in the game that gives you more ammo along with another, better blaster. (I never found the second blaster). Also, one of the named NPCs has some alien power cells.:evil
  10. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    It says differently in the article though.

:scratch
  11. Jonnylotto

Oddometer:
    Head shots or any specific body part targetted in VATS. Laser pistol, Laser rifle, Gauss or Sniper rifle are my favorite mutie killers, especially when hidden and getting the "Sneak Attack Criticals" multiplier.

I'm still trying for a headshot kill with the silenced 10mm. :evil
  12. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    See I've tried using the sniper rifle, but it really doesn't seem to do much damage and it's in good condition too.

:scratch
  13. Charla

Charla Tamalamian

Oddometer:
    If you like to play sniper style then go to the Museum of History and find Lincoln's Repeater. It's very accurate and does about 40 damage. You can take out tough Muties with 2 or 3 head shots.
  14. Jonnylotto

Oddometer:
    You have to have reasonable skills to get better damage, too. I'm always (well, for two characters anyway :lol3 ) ramping up Sneak, Small Guns and Energy Weapons right away. Laser pistol gets me 5 shots in VATS. Also, I think the Brutes are easier targets: the Masters have armored heads.

You could also take a leg out and listen to them curse you. :lol3
  15. ThePikeman

ThePikeman German n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I just read that, too. Damage is influenced by the characters abilities and perks, so my guess would be that this is the damage with everything maxed out. The calculation is quite... interesting.

"
    Ranged Combat

Ranged Combat is first determined by your Skill for the specific ranged weapons you are using. The Base to Hit (BTH) is the result of your Skill - 30%. In addition you add 8% for each point of Perception, natural or modified by special perks and traits like sharpshooter oder Night Person to your BTH. Subtract 4% for each hex distance between you and your target. You can also call an Aimed Shot, which also modifies your BTH according to the area you want to hit. In darkness also subtract additional 10% if you are more than 4 hexes away from your target. Keep in mind if you miss there is a slight chance to hit another target.
    • BTH = (Skill - 30%) + (PE * 8) - (HEX * 4) - (AC of Target) [- 10% at night if HEX >= 5]
    If you reach a BTH of 0 or below it is not possible to hit the target.
    Weapons also modify your BTH if you don't meet the minimum Strength needed to wield the weapon. For each point below the needed Strength subtract 20% of the BTH.
    Some weapon-classes also affect your BTH . Shotguns for example raise your BTH by 20% if you are >=4 and even by 30% if you are >=5 hexes away from your target, while at the same time the damage done by the weapon is reduced.
    Sniper-Weapons like the Hunting Rifle can fire in the first 10 hexes away from your target with +4% to the BTH and without any distance modifiers. For Example: Your BTH is usualy 55%. While using the Hunting Rifle, you get initially +4% to your BTH. You are 8 hexes away, so your BTW is still 59%. Beginning with the 11th hex distance between you and your target, each hex subtracts 4% of your BTH as usual. In the example, instead of being 8 hexes away you are 12 hexes away, your BTH is reduced to 47%.
    There are also special unique weapon modifiers like +20% BTH for the 9mm Mauser because it is "extremely accurate".
    Finally, the maximum range of a weapon affects the chance to hit or the damage in an unknown way."
  16. Jonnylotto

Oddometer:
    Mentats can be your friend if you know a good doctor or have the My First Laboratory. :lol3
  17. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    This is good info! :thumb
  18. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    Crap. :bluduh

Now, I want to go home and play.
  19. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    YAY!!! DOGMEAT!!!

I checked on the Xuanlong rifle and you have to complete some side mission before "Prime's" body will appear in the diner at Jury Street Station.

I'm sick today.

:rayof

:ksteve

....errr....I mean....:sick
  20. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    Is that the same history museum that under world is in?