Kriega USA Luggage Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by amanlikemike, Apr 2, 2012.

1. ballisticexchris

ballisticexchris Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good eye Michael! I just noticed that boo boo yesterday! I was in such a hurry to get back on the trail that I just rolled them up quickly not paying attention.
    I have not used the alloy straps as of yet but I will. I was so excited to get on with my ride that I threw everything together in less than 30 minutes! That included drilling the holes for the US-5 straps and packing the bags with tire/trail tools.
  2. amanlikemike

amanlikemike Recovering Speedfreak

Oddometer:
    Fair play, mate. Can't say I blame you! :D
  3. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you happen to have any pics of a US-10 or 20 as a tank bag with your adaptor on a Tiger 800XC?
  4. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Actually, I didn't. But I was able to dig up these lovely ones, courtesy of Richard C on a UK Tiger 800 forum:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although this set up uses an older US-10 pack, which does not have the upgraded Alloy Hook Strap mounting system, which now comes as standard on all tail packs and makes attaching and removing the bag even easier (no need to remove the quick-release buckle and thread the strap - just hook it on instead). Various loops on the US Tank enable the bag to be positioned fore or aft as preferred. The US-20 mounts just the same but is obviously larger.

Hope that helps,

Michael
  5. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's great, and it does:clap.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Too bad Jason at Smart Moto closed shop. I'd go down tomorrow:cry
  6. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    I'm heading to AUstralia in a few months to race in a big crazy rallye race and I'm very proud to say I'm taking Kriega with me :D

THanks Michael, I'll have some pics up as soon as I can!@

The backpack fits really well, but I am really enamored of the R8 waistpack. :deal
  7. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Always nice to hear, Jason! I'm sure that with your talent and attitude (and 3 liters of electrolyte drink strapped to your back!), that big ol' airhead will be waaay out in-front in the Outback.

Thank you for choosing and trusting Kriega.

Good luck, mate!

Michael
  8. foo

foo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any chance that the Overlander 60 can be mounted to H&B racks?
  9. Nwrider206

Nwrider206 2012 Triumph Bonnie

Oddometer:
    New 2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 Jet Black purchased last month. One of the first things I ordered was the US20. I love this thing! Fits great and works awesome. And personally I think it looks great. Trying to avoid a rear rack. For touring I was going to get a few more, but just started eye balling the Overlander 30.
    Any experience with triumph Bonnie's? Could I get those overlanders fitted well to such a bike?
    Or is it best to just add some more US bags?
    Or even crazier, what about the Overlander 60 system?
    Don
  10. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Hey Foo,

Unfortunately not at this stage. Currently the 60 will fit 18mm frames from Touratech, Metal Mule and KTM Powerparts. However, mounts for H&B frames and other 19mm ones are planned for the future, but I do not have a confirmed date on this.

Michael
  11. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Hey NW,

Thanks for your kind words about the US packs - I use them on my Scrambler and agree that they really look the part and do the job really well! But I would say that... :rofl

The Overlander gear is designed for Dual Sport bikes. The 30 isn't really going to be an option for you, but if you can get a compatible rack (see previous posts for which ones are) for the Bonneville, the 60 will work. I haven't had chance to check out if they do one, but if not I'm going to have one fabbed up to the same spec for my Scram', so I can have 45L on the sides and 2 x RotopaX fuel cells (cos the range on the Scram' sucks!).

That said, the US packs are generally more than adequate, when you consider you can easily go up to 90L on a bike like ours.

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you need any more info. Which leads me on to my next post...
  12. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

After a slight delay, due to Dom (who designed the gear) being an absolute perfectionist, I am pleased to announce the imminent arrival of our new range of hardcore Dual Sport pannier and Rack Loop mount systems and bags.

Limited quantities are on their way from the UK right now and expected to be ready to ship out from our DC during the first week of July. This initial shipment is expected to sell-out fast, so we have opened up the website to accept pre-orders on a first-come, first-served basis. You can also contact your favorite Authorized Kriega Dealer (more being added all the time - see the Stockists page of www.kriega.us) to ask about reserving your choice of gear.

More info and images of the new range can be viewed by clicking on any of the following photos:

OVERLANDER 60 (shown here with one of the four included 15L bags mounted, along with optional RotopaX gas/ water cells and an additional US tail pack attached with optional Rack Loops)

[​IMG]

OVERLANDER 30 (shown here with optional US tail pack mounted using included Rack Loops)

[​IMG]

RACK LOOPS
    (set of 4, used to mount US tail packs without additional hardware)

[​IMG]

As always, do not hesitate to post up any questions you may have or get in touch via the phone number or email on our website.

Cheers!

Michael
  13. foo

foo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cheers Michael, I'll keep any eye on this thread then.
  14. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    No worries. But with the price of the Overlander 60 being just $795, compared to other systems of similar capacity, it could still work out cheaper for you to 'recycle' your H&B frames in the Flea Market and get some Touratech ones instead...

Just a thought! :D

Cheers,

Michael
  15. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Safari training ride :D
  16. Nut Clutch

Nut Clutch was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

What is the ID of the washer with the nylon loop on it? I'm hoping it is 8mm so that I can put a M8 bolt through it. Can I buy just the washer with the nylon loop?
  17. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Hey Steve,

The ID of that part is 9mm. Unfortunately, it is not available to purchase separately. The components of the Rack Loops were developed specifically to work together. If used in isolation and simply bolted on to a bike, that part will not function in the manner intended and may also have the potential fail (wear the webbing through).

If you do decide to opt for a full set of Rack Loops, all it takes is drilling 4 x 6mm holes in the fender / side panels.

All the best,

Michael
  18. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Nice work!

By the way, it might be worth moving the Velcro 'tube locator' tab on your harness down to the reflective silver webbing area. I might also be tempted to back off the primary adjustment on the upper harness a bit, so the sternum pads sit a little lower on your chest. Kriega packs don't need to be tight on your shoulders and this will also allow you to Velcro the drink tube lower down so there is less of it loose Alternatively, you can just shove some of the tube back into the pack). To drink you simply, pull it from the Velcro, then reattach when done.

That said, fitting is all down to personal preference, so its comfy and works in that position, then stick with it! :D

Cheers,

Michael
  19. jlpred

jlpred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Overlander 30 arrived yesterday ! I'll get up pics when I have a chance to install. Just wanted to throw out a word of caution: the mounting instructions are on the inside of the stapled cardboard. Just be careful when opening.
  20. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Excellent! That'll be one of the first ones to hit the trails Stateside. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

And yeah - instructions are on the inside of the folded header card. I was thinking that there should be a note about this on the front of the packaging. I'll be getting PDF versions and hopefully instructional videos up on the site in the not too distant. It's pretty straightforward, but until then, if you need any guidance, you know where to find me. :thumb

Cheers,

Michael