Is Mexico Safe?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Arte, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Craneguy

Craneguy British Hooligan

Oddometer:
    I didn't know you'd moved to Colorado Trice. <puff puff> :eek:
  2. mark883

mark883 and the mysterians

Oddometer:
    It is grammatically impossible to use the following words together in a sentance stating a fact:

Florida
    Fun
    Motorcycle
    Riding
    Curves
    Hills
    Scenery

UNLESS

you also add the words:

"There ain't no"
  3. Tricepilot

Tricepilot Bailando Con Las Estrellas Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    McAfee doesn't have time to kill anyone, he's too busy being busy :rofl

[​IMG]

PS John picks up the girls by guaranteeing them he has no STDs.

He's "anti-virus" :freaky :rofl

[​IMG]
  4. Road Dust

Road Dust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wasn't close to Belize so I guess that it probably was not John. First time I did not even make it 10 minutes south of the border. Second time I think that it was a group of locals. They demanded my Captain Kid decoder ring. I told them the only way that they would get it would be over my dead body.

I can't believe that you would think that I am making this up. Don't you think that I am just as believable as the guys that listen to the news media?
  5. Road Dust

Oddometer:
    Now now. Lets don't be American bashing. Not my fault that the Mexican media is not as good at brain washing as the US media is. Spend a little more time north of the border and you just might learn how to act like an arrogant American too.

Not sure but I think that we may have seen your head along the side of the road where we spent the night on the Devil's Backbone. It kept floating around like it was lost. Did not see it the next morning.

Do your numbers also include the thousands of nameless bodies that have been dumped in the ravines in the mountains? The bodies that nobody knows about, except for the US media?
  6. acejones

acejones Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you were really cool, you would have a Tom Corbett, Space Cadet ring.
  7. Road Dust

Oddometer:
    I never was one of the cool kids so they refused to let me have one.

I am just one of those dumb motorcyclist who is not intelligent enough to read the media. I am still under the mistaken impression that I really enjoy and actually have fun riding in Mexico. But then again, what do I know.

Sometimes really strange things do happen to me while I am in Mexico. I need to learn to be more careful.

[​IMG]
  8. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Yes they even include bodies nobody knows about that have been dumped into imaginary ravines in imaginary mountains that no body knows about. They do not, however, count Jan Brewer's headless bodies in Arizona. Our numbers are pretty exact seeing that they include an entire population save 2 expats.

And that is a frightening foto Road Dust. How much ransom did you family have to pay?
  9. Road Dust

Oddometer:
    The family is still trying to raise more money, but so far I am still refusing to go back home. Don't think that the wife would let me do any more night riding.
  10. Craneguy

Oddometer:
    That's it I'm convinced I'm in danger. I'm hiring this woman as my bodyguard. As she's quite tall, she might also help with the buffeting on my Vee.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A06T33b9pBs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What did Deuce Bigelow, Male Gigelo say? aah yes..."That's a big bitch!" :rofl
  11. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    Seems you are looking at more danger than you might think Craneguy.
  12. Craneguy

Oddometer:
    Agreed. But what a way to go. I'll take death by amazon over death by narco any day! :)
  13. michaellmcc

michaellmcc Been here awhile

Oddometer:

dcstrom - great video!

I've only used my GoPro with helmet mount. Where do you have the camera mounted? Is it protected in case of an off?
  14. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:
    I get my Florida facts by living for 15 years in Jacksonville and riding extensively and writing travel books and articles. I also get my Mexican facts by living on the border and riding quite a bit into Mexico.

You seem to get your "facts" by watching Faux News and listening to silly stories. :lol3

Anyway, I think we are being trolled by someone who needs to read more and commentate less because you don't have any actual experience.
  15. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:

Yeah, but you ride to the Keys. 150 miles of US 1 at 45 mph. But the view is great, and the history in the Keys is phenomenal.

Still ... :evil
  16. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:
    That, and in the Everglades the gators will get you. Seriously. I won't go back there unless I have a pistol above 9mm.

Of course, the big and exotic snakes are now taking over from the gators. Just saying.

But it's still a great place if you can avoid the rednecks, crackheads, and wild animals.

Sounds like Mexico, doesn't it? Reasonable situational awareness and you will have a good time. :clap
  17. Craneguy

Oddometer:
    That sounds like one of those rides that's all about the destination...

Nothing wrong with that, but without curves I'd rather take the car.
  18. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:

I have done it by car. I have done it by bike. Key West is the Mecca of exotic motor scooters and there is something neat about parking a towering GS with Jesse bags in the middle of a bunch of scooters. :lol3

The ride down US 1 is one of those things that people either love or hate. I guess it just depends on the level of salt water in your soul and I have to say that most of my rides en Mexico have been to beachy and tropical places like Mazatlan, and Tampico, and the Playa Bagdad.
  19. acejones

acejones Long timer

Oddometer:
    My ride to the keys was 1000 miles each way.
    I have sailed across the Gulf in the winter to get there, I have flown there, and I have ridden my bike there. Next year my wife wants to drive down there (with the top down), so I'll add that to the repetoir. I like the Keys. That said, I'll be in Mexico in January and early February.
  20. LarrytheDRguy

LarrytheDRguy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How did you get my picture? Boy do I look good.