Dr Frankenstien gets his hands on a transit bus.

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by natedog39, Jun 27, 2010.

1. jdgretz

jdgretz Looking for new places Supporter

Oddometer:
    Canoga Park - A great place to live work and shop
    Well, the top photo has been post processed using Lightroom4 with Matt Kloskowski's presets and Topaz Adjust to add to the depth of the paint, but yes, that is a very deep paint job and absolutely smooth. The reflections you are seeing are about 30 feet away.

jdg
  2. dlearl476

dlearl476 Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer:
    Yeah, so would Peterson. It was still in "barn find" condition when I saw it in 2008. I took a peak in the windows when I was there and it looked like it could be fantastic.

Did you see the exhibit when you took that picture. I just happened to luck into it, I took my GF to LA to get some publicity photos done and the photog was about 10 blocks away from the Peterson, so I went while she was doing the shoot.
    http://www.petersen.org/exhibitions/from-autocamps-to-airstreams-the-early-road-to-vacationland

You would have loved it. It's a shame the website doesn't have more info. I wonder if you can buy the catalog book online. I was a little disappointed they didn't have a Travco (or the original "Frank Mobile Home" the first mass produced RV) or a VW Westfalia Camper. Oh well.
  3. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:

They dont lift there legs to pee though.:lol3
  4. natedog39

natedog39 Borderline Beefcake

Oddometer:
    I didn't take the pic I posted.

Wish I had though, i'd love to see that thing in person.
  5. Da Bear

Da Bear Swimmer in the Charybdis

Oddometer:
    I dare say the dog doesn't think much of it though.......:lol3
  6. natedog39

Oddometer:
    Anybody around here interested in taking over the reigns on this thing?

I hate to get rid of it after all the work I've put into it but I know deep down neither this or the new truck will ever get completed as long as I have both.

I've invested about $8,500 but am willing to consider "reasonable" offers.

Any takers?:ear
  7. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    this autta be interesting!

I'd love it, but I've already got a huge toter project of my own to finish....(not to mention that all my extra $$$ goes there too!) :cry

GOOD LUCK!!! :norton
  8. Wylie

Wylie Gone fishing

Oddometer:
    Got me some toy hauler, motorhome, mobile e-smoke sales aspirations going on and this would be where it all starts from.

The IDI is a real slug with the C6 behind it but it runs well, pretty hard starting in the cold but I just got and oil pan heater for it. I'd love to find a transfer case and differential for it but shift on the fly may be a real trick.

It went hunting this season and makes hauling gear way nicer. Looks like a 4wheeler could be driven right in the back doors. Pull the wind screen and the 640 should fit in the back too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. Cdaledude

Cdaledude Long timer

Oddometer:

Mobile e-smoke sales? I think that needs an explanation :ear
  10. Wylie

Wylie Gone fishing

Oddometer:
    I smoked for more than 30 years and have tried many ways to quit the tobacco. Although it still takes serious will power the electronic cigarettes have been the best answer to a terrible habit so I have started to sell them, service them and consult for people interested in them. There is a bunch to learn before jumping into electronic cigarettes if you want to do it right.

So with this I have started work on a web site and to avoid overhead expenses of a brick and mortar store I'm going mobile. On the web site I will list where and when I will be for potential customers. This way they will be able to taste e-liquids I produce at my juice bars and see products I sell first hand.

With this said I feel I should mention in most cases your convenience store cigarette looking electronic cigarettes just don't cut it. As well be careful where you get your e-liquids, some bad stuff has come out of China in past years.
  11. Ride_There

Ride_There Will ride for bacon.

Oddometer:
  12. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    Oooooooo.....I want that trailer!!! ^^^
  13. natedog39

Oddometer:
  14. natedog39

Oddometer:
    Well, since there were no takers on the bus and I kind of felt like I was giving up selling it before it was finished I've decided to keep it. (for now)

The next phase of the project is going to include a rear axle ratio change or overdrive transmission.
    The big change is going to happen with the bed, gonna square it off and modify it so I can haul small to medium sized cars.
    The plan is to have removable bed extentions so I can still pull a fifth wheel or gooseneck trailer.

I've always wanted a car trailer and have to borrow one when the need arises.
    Another use will justify it's existence a little more.
  15. natedog39

Oddometer:
    <!-- this is not the last post shown on the page --> <TABLE id=post20461606 class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=thead style="BORDER-TOP: #575757 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #575757 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #575757 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #575757 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->[​IMG] 01-12-2013, 12:13 AM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD> <TD class=thead style="BORDER-TOP: #575757 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #575757 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #575757 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #575757 0px solid" align=right> #1141 </TD></TR> <TR vAlign=top> <TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP: #575757 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #575757 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #575757 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #575757 1px solid" width=175> jdgretz <SUP></SUP> <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_20461606", true); </SCRIPT>
    Looking for new places

[​IMG]

Oddometer: 828

</TD> <TD id=td_post_20461606 class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #575757 1px solid"><!-- message --> If you're gonna have one of those, you need the accessory delivery van and the dog.

[​IMG]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Something along these lines.
  16. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you notice the dog peeing on the front wheel? :rofl
  17. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    it's plastic!
  18. MTrider16

MTrider16 Ridin' in MT

Oddometer:
    How is the front axel working? What about the KW? I'm not getting my Natedog fix lately, so I hope all is well in your corner of NY.
  19. natedog39

Oddometer:
    The front axle is ok, still 400lbs overweight but ok.

KW worked well this year, I put 4,000 miles or so on it dragging the camper around.
    The only issue I had with it this year was a faulty speed sensor which wouldn't allow the engine to rev over 1,700 rpm.
    that made pulling hills a little harder but I probably saved fuel.
    The big truck is actually listed for sale here locally, I'm trying to get some cash flow going and if the KW sells I'll look for another.
  20. MTrider16

MTrider16 Ridin' in MT

Oddometer:
    cool thanks for the update. Have a Merry Christmas.