Scooter pics!

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Jarvis, Oct 2, 2005.

1. bakker46

bakker46 Road warrior

Oddometer:
    That ship is a rebuild from the V.O.C. Batavia (1628) and the picture is taken at the docs of Lelystad
  2. nakedwaterskier

nakedwaterskier Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    -------------------------------->

Attached Files:

3. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Nice uhmm scooter, yea that's it, nice scooter!:wink:
  4. MODNROD

MODNROD Pawn of Petty Tyrants

Oddometer:
    That's is why I asked.
    The original is on the bottom of the coast about 250km from where I am now. She's a famous old ship around here (Google "Batavia Coast" and "Geraldton"), and seen many pictures.

Sorry for OT, please don't mind me and continue! :freaky
  5. Underboning

Underboning Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is me and my Symba crossing the Tungabhadra River north of Hampi, India.

[​IMG]
  6. MODNROD

Oddometer:

Great pic! Report of adventures?
  7. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. klaviator

Oddometer:
  9. CDNbiker

CDNbiker Lost in Space

Oddometer:
    And a great ride report it is. It's like reading a book. I look forward to each update. Around the world on a Symba. Now that's an adventure! :clap
  10. MODNROD

Oddometer:
    Absolutely, and a ripper read it would be too! I just read the thread start to end, what a ride!

Hey Underbone, travel books are really popular, they sell very well. An Aussie guy who writes about his Vespa travels through Tuscany and Italy has sold truckloads.
    You have a best seller in the wings.......
  11. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I've been following their journey from the start. I thinks it's as great adventure not only because they're doing it on Symbas, but also because they are doing it as a couple. How often do you hear about a husband and wife riding around the world together?

I think they're headed to Nepal. It will be interesting to see how the little bikes perform in the Himalayas.
  12. TheReaper!

TheReaper! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've been following their journey from the start. I thinks it's as great adventure not only because they're doing it on Symbas, but also because they are doing it as a couple. How often do you hear about a husband and wife riding around the world together?

I too am enjoying and following their adventure , but to tell you the truth traveling around the world on a Symba with my wife is not some thing I would attempt . I'm going to be nice and not say why , in other words no wife or Chinese scooter jokes . :D

TheReaper!
  13. HyperPete

HyperPete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Our summer down under has been cooler than norm, but sunny days are riding days...so I did a 400 km loop thru my local New England area, started in sunny 21c, hit 26c midway then down to 12c by the time I got home in a bug ~splattering sunset :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :) :)
  14. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't do it either, but I am enjoying reading about their adventure anyway. I think what they are doing is great, even if I wouldn't do some of the stuff they are doing. I would venture to say that nobody reading their thread will ever ride around the world on a small scooter/bike with their spouse but they still have a pretty good following.

Of course, many of us are just jealous because we don't have wives even remotely interested in doing anything like this.
  15. hexnut

hexnut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had one once that probably would have. She had her own motorcycle but did not wait for me to come back from Vietnam.

I replaced her with this one. She is not into motorcycles or scooters. Oh well.....

[​IMG]
  16. TheReaper!

TheReaper! Been here awhile

Oddometer:

That "she didn't wait" story was pretty common back then . My brother lost his high school sweet heart . the only girl he ever dated . Ya know what ? He was never the same again , he eventually did get married but it didn't last long . That war screwed up a lot of people , I read that 300,000 vets eventually committed suicide . Looks like you did OK .

TheReaper!
  17. hexnut

hexnut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    quote..
    Hey, aren't you one of the BeeGees? :rofl
    --------------------------------------------------------
    I wish. I did play in a rock band in the mid 60s. We were an average garage band thats about it.

The misses is an accountant with a masters degree. I did OK even if shes not into scooters. She don't care that I am.:D.

Yeah the war was hell, screwed up a lot of people. I was lucky to get back home.

I was in the 3/5 Cav. I shot an M60 machine gun. This was at firebase Bastogne a few clicks east of Hamburger Hill in the A Shau valley.
    [​IMG]
  18. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I can't complain. My wife dosn't complain about my toys or my riding. Occasionally she comes with me.

[​IMG]
  19. njd

njd Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your service. Ride safe.
  20. Underboning

Underboning Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We will be interested to see how they perform, too! :lol3 I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the RR and our journey as much as we are. I will say that Re is a special woman, despite some hard days and close calls she still looks forward to the ride every time we head out. Oh, and not to get this thread off-topic - a scooter picture.

[​IMG]

Our bikes at a police checkpoint in Namibia