Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here ya go park here head down to right after the cattle guard and there will be single track to the right. Its a little off but it will get you close. If you scroll down the Rd to the south you can zoom in and see single track leading all over.
    Cherry Creek Rd, UT
    http://m.google.com/u/m/z2GyDQ
  2. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    "lack of dual-sports" ...................... how funny! someone should have this guy over for a beer! I'm pissing my pants laughing, but i suppose one you of you will offer harth and home. If nobody grabs, pm me.... i've been hauling elk off the mtn alot the last few days. riding big when the butchering is done!...
  3. fano

fano here and there

Oddometer:
    At this time of the year before snow falls I like to park at Five mile pass so I don't have to drive too far and start riding from there to Eureka to gas up and from there on Chery Creek Rd
  4. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    Awesome looking dog Kev! I love dogs, they're better people than we are. Especially some of us.... *cough, Pluric, cough, cough..* :rofl

Here's a few shots from the ride the other day - thought you might like to see 'em. Hope your fingers have thawed out!

So we started with a little of this: (and yes, I know the service light is on.... :lol3)

[​IMG]

Then we ran into a little of this:
    [​IMG]

Then there was a little of this: (if you look really close you can just see GISKev in front of me there)

[​IMG]

Then, there was some of this: (I don't have pice of the really heavy stuff for obvious reasons :yikes)
    [​IMG]

About then we realized it was this:

[​IMG]

Then we got a glimpse of this: (notice the sign on the right - that will become important very soon :hmmmmm)

[​IMG]

This is why when you ride on the street, you always need to keep a little in reserve....:
    [​IMG]

And finally, just because I want to:

[​IMG]

Thanks again for leading all day Kev - it was a good day!
  5. dozer

dozer Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks
  6. Johnny4x4

Johnny4x4 Post Count? no, Experience Counts. Supporter

Oddometer:
    So i have traded up from the old honda shadow to this beautiful BMW 1200 GS Adventure.

I am looking forward to getting it out there on the pavement for some long distance trips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Salt Lake City, St George, UT & Seattle -
    Maybe not elk-hunting, lol but for sure in the city and close outskirts compared to the Nw. I'm shocked when I actually see a D/S in the city.

I'm down for beer, just not that 3.2 crap :)
  8. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    Congrats! :clap
  9. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmmm... I expected you to say "5 mile". Then ride to CC.:D

Oh wait, Fano covered ya! :D
  10. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Coming from Heber its the same drive time to cc or 5 mile. 5 mile to cc is fun but gets a little boring and limits your ability to ride all the good stuff at cc unless you have gas stashed out there somewhere. ;)
  11. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    If anyone is interested I'd love to get out and ride Cherry Creek on Saturday if the weather holds. I'll need to be back in SLC by about 5 PM so it would be a mid-morning thing. :ear
  12. salute

salute Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gonna go rip a quick spontaneous mini loop through AF/Cummings Parkway/Gaurdsman if anyone is interested. I could be down with extending it up through the Uintas too. Leaving SLC in about 45 min - should be pretty mellow with a little dirt action. ate oh won nin won oh five seven seven oh.
  13. F.P.

F.P. Clown who is sick

Oddometer:
    Hey Utah ADVrs,
    Planning to ride the UTBDR in 2013 and need some advice. When would be the earliest I could expect it to be rideable? I know the answer is "when the snow melts"..but then what about river crossings? May? June?
    We are planning on starting North and heading South...
    Thanks in advance.
    FP
  14. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Geez, I get banned for a few weeks and this thread reverts back to riding topics????
    WTF? I can see you people are in serious need of the head thread derailer.

Well XOXOXO papa is back.:D

[​IMG]
  15. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well with the exception that that is a GOOD looking dog.
  16. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why did you get banned? Did you post your chaps pic in toxic Britney?
  17. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No, that got me PM'd.:wink::lol3
  18. Digger52

Digger52 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Utards,

New to ADV, just picked up a 2007 F 650 GS. Been riding street for many years, currently riding Yamaha 1300 Venture touring bike. Haven't been off road since my Bultaco Alpina days and that's been awhile. Looking for rides you might recommend for a noob to get back into off road riding. I live SLC area
  19. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Man digger, you sure know how to kill a thread.:lol3

I'm glad you didn't invite us to a party. That would have been really awkward.

Welcome to the site.
  20. a1one

a1one a1one-numero uno-saucy

Oddometer:
    :eek1
    :huh Bountiful is always my recommendation. I just got back from there tonight. Mud in the parking lot with mud, snow and bunches of oak leaves on the single track. There is about four inches of fresh powder on the Tuttle Loop (cave) trail. Riding down in the dark there was about four feet of visibility in the fog.:huh