Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    That guy definitely needs a suspension tune up!

2. Roostre

Roostre Disco

Oddometer:

Not necessarily... I've spent tons o' $$$ on suspension and my rides still look like that!!
  3. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    Harcus, i had the forks set too soft for that kind of fun, but after your drill out shim switch i bumped it up to a No Bottom out dream setting... I think I'm going to like suspension tweaking... Thanks for shelling out the cash for that Harcus, I think the $2.00 you spent on shims wasn't quite as much as the $1.68 I spent on the Peter's Beer, so I still owe ya! Harcus has got the coin for the mods!:D
  4. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Salt Lake City Utah (formerly Park City/Heber)
    That's a good score. I am all for custom fab (similar to Harcus' bad ass setup) but am a little limited on time at least in the near future... Something like this setup looks great:

[​IMG]
    ((thread))

problem is my damper is a top mount. So I was thinking of slinging it in favor some something like what you just posted... Not sure if a GPR damper is worth much used or if anyone is interested in maybe a tradeout...
    [​IMG]

Otherwise I guess I'll start fabbing up my dash if I don't have any options... :)
  5. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    I added the HDB setup to my SE because I was tired of buying handguards and handlebars every time the bike dropped. Well worth the coin IMO.
  6. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    65 degrees and sunny. No wind, and 30 miles of this within 10 minutes of work:[​IMG]
  7. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    I was expecting to see some orange handlebars and blue smoke.

Looks really fun!
  8. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    I had to put the orange away for a while...my tennis elbow has become so bad I may need surgery. But don't worry Ryman, Baja takes priority!
  9. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ryan

How did you get Pluric WITHOUT his chaps!

Impressive!:rofl

10. Trailtwister

Trailtwister To the peak!

Oddometer:
  11. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    That sucks.

I had about 18 months of pretty bad ulnar groove neuropathy that was much worse from mtn biking, and less so from moto. I quit riding bikes, rode motos less, slept with my arm straight, and presto......gone. But for whatever reason, the position on my mtn bike really irritates it.

I had tennis elbow pretty bad this spring and summer as well. It was really painful and almost impossible for me to pull the clutch in on the moto after a long day of riding. That too went away with rest this fall.

I had to hang my arm and try to relax it as much as possible during rides. That helped during the ride. That, and of course, enough NSAIDS to keep me happy.
  12. a1one

a1one a1one-numero uno-saucy

Oddometer:
    I had basketball elbow and I went to the doctor and he said, 'pass the ball and quit shooting so much!' I never listen to doctors:rofl
  13. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    Mine started flaring up after 3 years of kayaking. It chilled out until I started riding whoops on the Super Enduro - trying to suss out the suspension. That was almost one year ago. It's been injected twice, and I have rested, iced, NSAIDs, braced it. I have only ridden the small moto three days because singletrack on the 300 really irritates it. Mtn biking isn't too bad, but there isn't too much to climb out here.

After swinging a hammer and using a hand drill for a couple of days last month, I was pretty much debilitated. I can no longer do handwritten notes at work because of the pain (yeah, my mangina hurts too).

And to top it off, all the provocative photos you bastiges post on here doesn't help with the repetitive-motion-injuries either.:lol3

Back to the orthopod tomorrow for more steroids, lidocaine, and discuss surgery.

Tennis elbow is such a benign, faggy, term for a condition that makes me cringe every time I even have to shake someone's hand. They should call it "justcutmyfreakingarmoffalready-itis". Stupid freaking doctors.
  14. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    Admit it, you have Fibromyalgia. :wink:
  15. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    I do! I do!

:cryMay I please have a year's supply of oxycontin and SOMA to take away the pain:cry

:cryIt hurts everywhere:cry I can't even spend time with my 15 cats:cry

I am happy to say that the word fibromyalgia is NEVER mentioned in the NICU - nor are decubitus ulcers for that matter:clap
  16. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Same way they got you getting the jump on summer....

[​IMG]
  17. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    KLR flippers, go figure.
  18. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hick what ever happened to "I've got an owee"?

All this technical medical talk is way is so :huh
  19. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ryman

So, not that I care a snit about YOUR ass, but....

Have you seen this thread?...

http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/index.php

I have rebuilt nearly MC seat I ever owned because NONE fit my bony ass but this is the best overview / explanation / fixit plan I have ever seen.

This message has been brought to you the Association to Stop Suffering (ASS).

:D:D:D

20. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just a prerun on my gear for the Baja trip! :lol3