wee-ooh, wee-ooh,,

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by peterman, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Crossthread

Crossthread Maker of Sharp Stuff

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1Hny46d-heA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

A couple of nice hair flips in here. :lol3
    I am hooked...dangit! :raabia
  2. Crossthread

Oddometer:
    no more Simone...here.:evil

In keeping with Peterman's original rant here's the real expert...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HH8vjxFIUC4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And he was 90 years old when that was recorded live. I miss him.:cry
  3. Crossthread

Oddometer:
    A much younger LesPaul and Mary Ford

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rITJyZVTfy4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Feeling better now,Peterman? :freaky
  4. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    That looks more like Les as I remember him.

And, at that time, here is what the Late Night show looked like.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PqO5R6lljEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  5. Crossthread

Oddometer:
  6. Mista Vern

Mista Vern Knows All - Tells Some.

Oddometer:
    :knary
  7. Capo Rick

Capo Rick Please understand... Supporter

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/czx_c99zBPc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my 2 scents :1drink
  8. Crossthread

Oddometer:
    They ain't dead yet Peter!

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vG-dv88RAMY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

A little timeworn, just like us, but still going...
    :beer
  9. thetourist

thetourist Just passing thru

Oddometer:
    For Peterman

Same band that did '55 Ford' The Refreshments, from Sweden.

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rFllwby6hcs" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

When I was very little I can remember begging, "Play us some Boogey Woogey, Mama."

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J9b3ZZywQvg" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

So I've converted a couple people to symphonic metal. Come to the darkness.

"Beware the Sirens who enchant all who come near them. If any one unwarily draws
    in too close and hears the singing of the Sirens, his wife and children will
    never welcome him home again, for they warble him to death with the sweetness
    of their song." - Homer (the Odyssey)

My personal "siren" for 20+ yrs
    Tori Amos. Complex, unpredictable, demanding, and totally compelling.
    She plays those giant Bosendorfer pianos with booming bass notes. Over 9 ft long and 97 keys. An extra octav to the left. Weigh twice as much as a GS and 10-20 times as expensive
    She has the hands of a bricklayer but makes love to these pianos. Flirts with the audience and looks straight into the camera lens. Siren is the only word to describe her.

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PUUtUtGm5ww" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Some Simone head banging. My favorite at 1:49

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_D05K3jfo7g" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  10. MortimerSickle

Oddometer:
    &#8593; Is this another cousin? :D

Something about his style made me think of these guys.

The boogey woogey starts at about 7:00, and Jerry Lee goes Full Jerry Lee at about 8:28.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0q0uwQ0sou8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

More.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HV7qrJsTYo4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
  11. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    the sounds that make people get up and move!,,I never was a dancer, but my wife Linda could do all the old stuff, locomotion, twist, slide, wah-tusi, and boogy woogie,name it,she knew it and she could do it!
    Come on and take a chance, and try a brand new dance!

she'd show those kids how dancing is done. I'd stand at the bar and order drinks and watch!
    Sappy song, but it describes her perfectly, old hippy woman to the core!,,or gorgeous young long legged, long haired, hippy chick,with a day-glow flower painted on her cheek,,,in my mind still. :clap
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDL6Tc2t8Y4
    damn I miss her!:cry
    She'd be hoppin around to the sounds of "The Refreshments"!!
    Me too, ! thanks again.
  12. thetourist

thetourist Just passing thru

Oddometer:
    Early R&R isn't nostalgic to me, so I only have a few songs. I do have a cowboy song file. This is my nostalgia. You might like.

The first use of electronic FUZZ. 1:26 A blown tube in rehearsel and the sound engineer liked it, so it stayed in. Within a year the Ventures had a Fuzzbox.

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QVTKeVhN1Bc" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

A great album. I loaned mine to someone during the '96 Alcan Winter Rally and it didn't come back.

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DjEsEYTk-HI" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

As a kid I was smitten with Katy Jurado in this movie.

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xO1q1UOD1hQ" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

I"m a Texas Tornados fan so had some early Freddy Fender

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TUVgkXVDkBA" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  13. Mista Vern

Mista Vern Knows All - Tells Some.

Oddometer:
    thetourist, I owe you at least a pitcher or two of beer for all the great music - thank you! :1drink
  14. mefly2

mefly2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Still enjoy that music!!!
  15. Crossthread

Oddometer:

Me too! If you make it down to the Hells Canyon gathering next year, it's on me! :freaky

Tori Amos- another redhead. :raabia Redheads have always been my undoing. (I married one.) But Simone has a quality all her own. :knary

And now, fasten your seatbelts, turn it up and hold on...

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uHmmid1pLi8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

When Tommy gets on a roll he makes Jerry Lee look tame. :nod
  16. Crossthread

Oddometer:
    Gotta go finish wiring new outlets in the garage.

It's amazing how good music (heck, even bad music) transcends all borders and nationalities. Tourist- your idea of dropping musical instruments instead of bombs on other countries may not be such a whimsical idea at all.

I can't play a lick. Even a kazoo sounds bad in my hands, but I have a great admiration for those who can coax those amazing sounds out of a few pieces of wood and metal, especially the piano. The mad skilz needed to use both sides of your brain simultaniously to make the hands do two things at the same time like that are a joy to watch and hear.

Moar boogi-woogie pleaz... ( and in a very pleasant package,too!)

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rjKQUR-6G6o" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Playing Boogie-woogie in a slinky black dress and 4 inch heels. Love it! :clap
  17. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    Some of us were teens in the '70's, makes us sort of the odd ones for music.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4_Tj92NBK-g" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Ever tried dancing to Pere Ubu? I can, what's your problem?

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DZty5DTmpMY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Garage bands in tiny venues, done my best dancing in tiny bars with wall to wall distortion.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JvxrYbCnpvE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Mourn the loss of Pete to politics and being a fuckwad, he at least at one point was principled and made mindblowing music, '82 was such a year.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AONxdnTrZSU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
  18. MortimerSickle

Oddometer:
    A better piano player, yes, but I'm not so sure about the "tame" part when it comes to Jerry Lee. :D

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8yRdDnrB5kM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
  19. Thewindupbird

Thewindupbird n00b

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6slbqEMiKsI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and sometimes new music is TOO good
  20. Wlfman

Wlfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Every time I see this Thread Title I think of this:

Skip to the 2:16 mark
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HwXbtZXjbVE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>