Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Gorilla King

Gorilla King Dobar Skorz! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ah so...thanks Cos.
  2. Cos

Cos Re-Greekified

Oddometer:
    No sweat. Everything's in BAR here so i got really confused when i got back from the States :lol3

2.9 is 42 PSI. Just for reference
  3. oalvarez

oalvarez Resident Raggamuffin Supporter

Oddometer:
    I run about 33f/37r, Conti Road Attack 2s (solo, canyons). My other MTS riding buddies (4 more in the clubhouse) all use the same psi, +/-, tire dependent.
  4. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    :rofl

I think I'm going to buy a '13 MTS S. I've always wanted one, a red one. I can feel that familiar stirring inside.
  5. vellies

vellies Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have wanted a MultiStrada since I saw the 1100 (yes that long). I have been buying bikes almost every year for the last 4 years, always going for the more sensible and affordable option. Now the wife says if I replace my GSX1250FA with anything other than a MultiStrada she will not be happy because 12 months from now I will want something different again. Sooooooo, I will have to keep the wife happy :clap:clap
  6. 3B43

3B43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When Duc came up with .9% financing in August, my girlfriend told me 'Buy it....you ain't getting any younger!' So I did!
  7. Pampero

Pampero Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That was a good incentive. I took advantage of it as well. First bike I ever financed, but it was virtually free money. I also got a substantial discount, so no complaints.
  8. Gorilla King

Gorilla King Dobar Skorz! Supporter

Oddometer:
    So it wan't just all Greek to you eh? :lol3
  9. NMEXPAT

NMEXPAT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In addition to the misbehaving / broken keyless receiver or handlebar switch my gas mileage has gone to complete shit. I'm riding the same on my commute. Previously I could easily get 170-190 miles to a tank, I'm now lucky to get 125 miles. This is for the past 6 tanks. The last 3 tanks I've been very midfull of how much I twist the throttle.

Any ideas about the sudden change in gas mileage?

I still love the bike overall, but the keyless system is complete shit. I've already had the handlebar switch replaced under warranty. the symptoms sound like this is the fault. And yes I've tried new batteries in the key.

I'm coming to the 22k mile service. I'm going to leave it at the dealer to fix the keyless system, update the ECU, replace the radiator fluid and standard service. Now if they only had a qualified Ducati tech...
  10. Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

Oddometer:
    Ducs are known for fueling richer in colder weather, but the difference you're seeing is more than I ever saw summer vs. winter. Is the bike running any differently? Stumbles, etc.? If the ECU hasn't gone wonky and is dumping too much fuel into the mix, the only other suggestion I have is to check for leaks, specifically at the quick connect under the tank. If you (or someone else) has had your tank off recently and weren't diligent about seating the connector, it could be leaking.....right onto your rear cylinder. :eek1

-SM
  11. Dr. Greg

Dr. Greg Tryin' to get home.. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Heck, I didn't know that! Maybe that's my (relatively slight) mileage decrease as well (and not the cruise control).

Wishful thinking, I think...

--Doc
  12. Lucky Explorer

Lucky Explorer Traveled the world

Oddometer:
    Interesting change of discussion...fuel mileage. I checked every tank fill, since May '10. This past year (since 15K service) dropped 5-8 MPG average and up to 10 or 12. Mentioned it to my dealer at Reneisance Motors in Tucson, he found nothing. I suspect either a computer change in fueling mixture much to do with the stumble of year one??? or the RIGHT hand. I believe in the latter!
    Allen.
  13. gkaan

gkaan Bikes on the Brain

Oddometer:
    has anyone raised the riders seat on their mts1200 to the same height as the passeneger seat? i could use the extra legroom plus this would provide the fore and aft movement that is much lacking. i have used renazco to raise other seats with very good results.
  14. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    1" or so to mine and it great. Pm me and email and i will send you a pict
  15. desmodab

desmodab Oversized Canuck

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have any updates on an available service computer for the Multi 1200 yet?

I would like to be able to do simple OBDII-like operations, like reset the service light, diagnosis and make minor adjustments (not reprogramming) myself. I read about "ducatidiag" but it does not work on the newer Mitsubishi CAN bus ECUs, only the older stuff, seems like 2010 and before.

I have read lots of posts on a similar topic but nothing recent and nothing solid - may of the posts I have seen say so-and-so is working on one, it will be out soon and the post is 6 months old.

I am trying to get to a point where I can do basic service myself without having to go to the dealer (especially since they closed the only dealer we had in town...)

Thx in advance, Des
  16. llamapacker

llamapacker Mr. Conservative

Oddometer:
    Good luck with that. Pretty much why I sold mine.
  17. desmodab

desmodab Oversized Canuck

Oddometer:
    It's such a great bike I would never sell it because I need a dealer a couple of times per year...
  18. Josephvman

Josephvman I'm the Decider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got out on my Multi yesterday for a couple hundred miles, for the first time since last March! My last ride was coming back from west Texas, with a broken foot, tires showing the belts, and a nail in the rear! For future reference, I will never remove a cast at home so I can go on a motorcycle trip! I was able to limp it home that last 100 miles after seeing the nail, and made it to a BMW dealer just outside of Houston. My tire choices were limited, but they strongly recommended the Dunlop Sportmax Q2's, which they had in my size. I got home with my new tires, and the bike has been parked since. I took my first ride on the Dunlops yesterday, and they were fantastic! Supple, loads of feedback, and grip! I can't wait to get a set on my HP2S. If you've got a Multi that lives on the pavement, I'd strongly recommend these Dunlop Q2's!
  19. IronCity

IronCity n00b

Oddometer:
    Quick question.

I have a 2012 Multi. It says in the manual that the speedometer reading is inflated by 8%.

Does anyone know whether or not that means the odometer readout is also being inflated by 8%?

If so, that would not be a good thing.
  20. Croak

Croak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Q2's are great in the dry. The wet, not so much.