Go West Young Man!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by kerncountykid, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Fitty

Fitty Shopping cart rider

Oddometer:
    What the hell? Seriously? I can't believe it.

Don't give up on karma.
  2. rodr

rodr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Aw damn. So sorry to hear that.
  3. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    That Totally Sucks dude :cry
    I really hope you get it back
    best of luck to you while your searching for it
  4. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place Supporter

Oddometer:
    Afraid that pain and loss are all part of the wisdom tree. Grow on, young dude. :thumb

You've got great years ahead and many more wonderful rides to come.

Hoping you'll continue to share with us your wealth of vision.

:thumb :thumb
  5. Corytrade

Corytrade n00b

Oddometer:
    I can't believe the bike is gone, I really feel for you man. Though it can't be any consolation, your writings keep me focused on my Honda and our future journeys.
  6. CurDog

CurDog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don't give up on your bike. You need to get proactive and go find her. Do not sit back and wait for the police. They may or may not prove to be much help. But there are a lot of things that you can do. First off, you need to try and think like the kind of thief that would take your bike. If you can't think like that, you need to enlist the help of some of your shadier friends. Most likely, the thieves were young and just took it out for a joy ride. After they get bored they will most likely dump it somewhere or sell it for a few bucks. Along the way, someone will get sloppy and they will get caught or seen. You may want to post a "Rewards" notice but whatever way you choose, you need to get the word out. The more people looking for the bike, the more likely it will surface.

Unfortunately, due to the line of work I am in, I have had to do this many times in the past. The good news is that 95% of the items stolen eventually turn up. So, do NOT give up! I want to read more adventures from the Kern County Kid.
  7. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1

I was pissed off for him & also bored @ work so I did a nationwide search on Craigslist and he has posted a reward for it

I just hope he gets it back so we all can enjoy some TOP QUALITY RR's again
  8. kerncountykid

kerncountykid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    There are literally hundreds of these around town. I did everything I could to turn that bike into a lottery ticket.

I got a call the second day. He said he knew where the bike was and asked if I had the money. I said yes and asked where to meet. He asked again, "you've got the money?". I said, and this is verbatim: "I have the money, all I want is to put it in your hand, get on my bike and ride away, and never hear about it again.". He said "OK" and hung up. Never called back.

I live in the ghetto, if my bike was still around here I would think it would have turned up by now for $1000. Could be in a salvage yard (I called all of them) run by someone who does't quite follow the rules. The possibilities are endless.

[​IMG]
    RR2017 likes this.
  9. detailer57

detailer57 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That really sucks. I do feel for ya. In my life some "things" have been taken, cars, etc.

I would not be surprised if you find that engine in some hacked up chopper or rat bike. If you have the engine serial number, you might find the culprit if it shows up in another frame.

Sorry dude.
  10. Vanishing Point

Vanishing Point Lengthy Member

Oddometer:
    That sucks.

Hope you get her back.
  11. strom thingie

strom thingie Lost and Proud! Supporter

Oddometer:
    What a freaking shame.
  12. FattyAndIdgit

FattyAndIdgit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I see that you're still a bit on the green side wrt the yearly odometer so a bit of advice from a slightly older model.

Don't give up on the karma thing just yet (and hear me out, I'm not a granola chewing yogi or anything like that,,, so not like that)!!!

With the good that you've spread through your RR's (many have enjoyed them including myself) and the shit that you've recently gone through,,, you've got a net positive due you in the karma department.

May not show up this week but you've got to continue believing that your positive contributions to... what... not society... the world is closer... your own existence maybe - are worth it.

Karma (IMHO) is not to be feared,,, and nurturing it along as you obviously do (cash in the cushion) can't be bad,,, how could it be?

If you haven't,,, and you've got the time (a lot of it actually), hunt down the posts by nathanthepostman. Late in the post he comes to the revelation that if he looses Dot,,, he won't really be loosing her. Obtuse, but valid.

You'll find another Dee Dee, might be a different model, year, make etc... but you'll find him/her.

Have a bit of faith that the scales of good and evil, happy and sad, right and wrong do tend to even out.

hang in there,,,
  13. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    anything :dunno
  14. kerncountykid

Oddometer:
    It wasn't the ending I wanted but I may have some news and a little trip to tell y'all about soon....

Attached Files:

RR2017 likes this.
  15. ezrdr55

ezrdr55 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really sorry about that bike. Great RR. Get another bike and do it again.
  16. Jonzilla

Jonzilla Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Really looking forward to hearing what's happened. That appears to be a different 550. ??
  17. Vanishing Point

Vanishing Point Lengthy Member

Oddometer:
    I'm all ears. Can hardly wait to see what happens next.
  18. kerncountykid

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry I haven't updated this. The ending was happy. I'm a spectacularly fortunate person. I promise I'll come back and tell the rest of the story.

Attached Files:

RR2017 likes this.
  19. SGrider

SGrider Bob's country bunker

Oddometer:
    Sweet, looking forward to the continuing story. GNP is quite a beautiful place as are so many of our National Parks.:clap
  20. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sweet
    Good for you :freaky
    Very glad you got it back and even posted a nice picture of the Orange Honda on Halloween :clap

the rack is different the side cover and exhaust too
    Is this some of the stuff you had to replace because it was stripped ??

Will wait for your response in the update I'm sure you'll address it in there