17" and 19" spoked wheels on 950sm

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by rockohlic, Apr 9, 2013.

1. rockohlic

rockohlic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has any body put spoked wheels on the 950 sm? 17" and 19" on the front. I am short in the legs and found a really clean 2007 950 sm
  2. alongat

alongat Fesh Fesh

Oddometer:
    What kind of bike are you trying to end up with? Wat are you trying to achieve, taking a 950 SM and putting adventure-like wheels on it but keeping it low enough to suit you?
  3. rockohlic

rockohlic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes, just keeping low. i have a gasgas 300 for real off road. To be honest I ride the adventure stuff about 50/50 dirt and street. Most of the dirt consist of gravel-forest roads. In my real world single track and whoops have no place for a 500lb 100 horsepower scooter.
    I think the rear wheel is easy, but has anybody found a hub-wheel combo that will fit the front end or will I be looking at an entire 950/990 front end swap? a Email sent to woodys says "no prob" but I would rather hear from one of you guys.
  4. mcmann

mcmann Kid at Heart Supporter

Oddometer:
    It has been done . . . A couple inmates have done it (see below). They used Adventure front hubs with rotor spacers etc. It may put it at a similar seat height as the std. Adventure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have Woodys seal them for tubeless tires:

[​IMG]
  5. v8toilet

v8toilet Nothing to see here.

Oddometer:
    If Woody said it, it's true regarding wheels anyway.