2012 RMAR, August 2-5

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Big_John, Oct 24, 2011.

1. princess jamaica

princess jamaica OLD DOG-NEW TRICKS

Oddometer:
    When I first saw the pics of you in the truck,I thought you had climbed back in for a photo.You are one fortunate man.Not so for the other driver.RIP.Best of luck.
  2. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois
    What Ive downloaded so far are fresh from my smart phone or my point and shoot, I have not monkeyed with my bike mounted video yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More to come

Jailor8
  3. Farmer1

Farmer1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here and there, but usually, leaving Illinois
    [​IMG]

I would have laughed my butt off if that dog had cold nosed Harry under his kilt!!!!!

Jailor8
  4. ScramblerDavis

ScramblerDavis aka DangerDavis

Oddometer:
    Amarillo,TX, but Rockies and Utah are best ridin'
    [​IMG]

Thank you so much for your offers of support, your prayers, positive thoughts, and general concern. This is why ADV rocks.[/QUOTE]
    Craig...we are so glad you survived and are going to be okay. We will continue our prayers for you and for the child and family of the lady who was killed. Let us know what we can do to help in any way. God had his hand on you brother!:1drink
  5. txbear55

txbear55 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks Mike! I really appreciated your help getting my bike off the mountain. Sounds like y'all had a good rest of the day, too!
  6. SteveO

SteveO scratched and bruised, but not out Supporter

Oddometer:

WOW, So glad you are ok. Seems God has other plans for you. Glad to hear you are taking it all in stride. Things happen, and I'm sorry to hear about the other driver.....that is unfortunate.

Thanks for the pics, and I'm glad you had the foresight to get somebody to get picks of the scene, even while you were pinned in. I've been in a head on collision before....no fun, however I did get lots of pics to hand over to my Insurance Co.
  7. HappyRiding

HappyRiding Appalachian American lost up Nort

Oddometer:
    Craig, give yourself a big hug for me and give Leo a piece of bacon. I look forward to seeing you again next year.
  8. Buddy_Holly

Buddy_Holly That'll be the day..

Oddometer:
    Rob,
    Leo did better than I did, he spent the night in Durango's Humane Society, that according to my friends who picked him up, was a lot like a doggie resort where the animals are called "children." They were great. No charge for the overnight- so cool of them.

Thanks for the thoughts.

BH
  9. Buddy_Holly

Oddometer:
    :beerI would like especially to thank Adventure Girl who made you all aware of the situation. :clap She has been tops. And I can't say thank you enough to all of you who have had me in your thoughts. :beer

The woman in the other car made a lot of bad decisions, and I did offer a prayer for her while I was pinned, but she still made a lot of bad decisions. I really wish she had had her three year old in a car seat and belted in. It may have avoided having him go through so much pain.

OK enough of that.

Here are two shots from RMAR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Oddfellow

Oddfellow Beasty Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ouch! Get well soon, it was good to see you and meet the family!
  11. co-steve

co-steve Den00b'ed

Oddometer:
    Just read thru your report - wow. If that's not a testament to the effectiveness of seat-belts, I don't know what is. Glad to hear you're OK, and I hope the kiddo does OK.

Wow. Take care, brother.

Steve
  12. ShadySmurf

ShadySmurf Does Own Stunts

Oddometer:
    Hondo and StmbtDave, I am the drowned 990 guy, to put a forum name to the face :D. It ran great all the way back to Texas, starting the cleaning and re-torquing today.
  13. txbear55

txbear55 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Always a pleasure to hang with you. Thanks for looking after my eldest after my get-off...he had a great day and was impressed how the "old guys" know how to hustle through the mountains!

Thanks, too, for turning me on to some fine Scotch!

Till next time! :freaky
  14. woody's wheel works

woody's wheel works Built to Last Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    hi everyone,,the ol man chiming in that i just arrived safe n sound after the long way round back to denver road-trip and bucket list reduction adventure,,

so ,,,

1,,Buddy holly ,,heal thy self,,,and all the warm fuzzies ya need,,,you made it,,through a pretty drastic situation,,the gods's have good things in store for ya ,,,and i'm sure you had plenty of time to wonder Hmmmmnnn what was that all about???:wink:

2,,,FYI,,i myself within half hour of departing the rallye on sunday morning was damn near involved in a very similar situation,,
    minutes outside Ouray descending and heading toward a blind right hander with a decreasing radius bend in it,,,the KLR650 rider in front of me,,couldn't pull the corner and drifts all the way to the guard -rail as the oncoming car trying to avoid him swerves left across the double yellow forcing me to the extreme right to avoid a head-on collision,,,the VERY LAST THING i had on my mind that moment,,,i was savoring meeting up with old loves and buddies from yesteryear,,,

3,,so that cemented the notion of using every moment of my return journey to Denver to go the long and slow way home and stop in on every soul that i hadn't seen in years during my 10 year sleep apnea induced zombie state,,,everyone was home,,'twas the sweetest 48 hour detour in recent time

4,,which brings me to the original intent of posting here,,namely to once more thank all of you who showed up and stopped by to chat with me,,,ya made my return home from my 3 month sabbatical in europe and Saigon all the more memorable

now go live life to the fullest
    :freaky
    woody

PS,,my overturned/baptized/drowned on Ophir pass saturday ride R1100GS,,,never missed a lick ,,tuff ol chick:wink:
    Hope kevin n christine fared like wise,,,

PS #2,,first stop was in Montrose re-connecting with Sue who invited me to stay and listen to her new band called "thin Air'',,i ahd talked with Big John' earlier about wanting to get some music and good sound for the next event,,,listened to them jamming all Sunday afternoon,,,and asked if they"d be interested to play for us,,they said YES,,,Sue's an ol biker,,let me tell you the guitar and bass players are astounding only to be complemented byt he incredible voice of Sue banging the keyboards...ya'll WILL NOT BE DIS-APPOINTED:deal

[​IMG]
  15. advtenn

advtenn Long timer

Oddometer:

Cheers Woody! :beer Glad you avoided the SNAFU!
  16. Hayduke

Hayduke ///SAFETY THIRD/// Supporter

Oddometer:
    Craig,

I am so glad you are ok. I was shocked when I heard about this, and even more so seeing the damage to your truck. Just happy you are ok.
  17. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    Woody, It was a pleasure and honor to meet you sir. Even more of a pleasure to share a sip or two with you :freaky ! I admire your outlook on life expressed above, and I for one would love to hear "Thin Air" and the next RMAR.....my vote is cast!

And lastly, it was a blast to ride with Zack over Black Bear and Imogene passes. Good young man there, tell him Brian said "Hi." :clap

Looking forward to when our paths next cross.........:wings
  18. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    Craig, glad to hear that you and Leo are ok. I haven't seen a report on the bike, how'd she do?

If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask, :clap
  19. CaptRick

CaptRick Still crazy..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  20. Buddy_Holly

Oddometer:
    WON'T KNOW TILL TOMORROW. According to info on the mother's FB page the child made it out of the hospital- that's good news.