TuneECU for 990 - got tunes?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by jetpoweredmonkey, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Spark01

Spark01 V-Twin

Oddometer:
    I found this info on the aprillia forum, maybe it's use full to try out for who has disconnecting problems.

Link: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216682&page=22

So, I had some spare time today and decided to finetune my USB port connection to the Futura. I can read the mapping from my ECU but the reading typically stalls about 4 times during a read and the first 3 reads usually time out. A succesful read takes 50 seconds.

Following Tom Hamburg's post of Otto Leirer's ComPort settings this actually got worse.

• I halved the BPS settings and restarted TuneECU. No dice; halved the speed again and eventually settled on 115200. Map readings were now quick, but it still stalled a few times during a read.
    • I halved the USB packetsizes from 4096 to 2048. Good, but halving up again to 3072 proved even better.
    • Finally I adjusted the BM Wait Time to 100 msec by the same trial and error procedure.
    Now my connection is rock-solid, a map read takes all of 8 seconds without stalls and I can start the Futura without losing connection. I'm convinced every PC/bike combo has a sweet spot that can be found using trial and error and I'll probably fine-tune my own settings even further, time permitting.
  2. Tom-Hamburg

Tom-Hamburg Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Hi Tom, any TuneECU plans to support the Aprilia RXV/SXV series EFI bikes?
  4. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Great info Spark01 :thumb
  5. grinns

grinns Semper Fi

Oddometer:
    Sounds really similar to my previous problem problem... Check the map sensor lines and make sure the holes aren't plugged in the TB's.
  6. Killer Whale KTM

Killer Whale KTM Life is the adventure!

Oddometer:
    Thanks Grinns,
    I'll double check the next time I have the tanks off. Although I did check them recently.
    Any other ideas guy's ????
    Thanks
    Killer Whale KTM
  7. Tom-Hamburg

Tom-Hamburg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I don't, please ask Alain, he is the programmer from TuneECU.:wink:

BR, Tom

8. wakked1

wakked1 Aspiring Itinerant

Oddometer:
    So does anyone know where you could get the cable from in the US? I'm even willing to build one but so far I've wasted lots of time trying to scrounge up the random parts, with no two pieces available from the same site. The hassle outweighs any financial savings.
  9. PowerCell

PowerCell Manufacture Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:

http://www.cjdesignsllc.com/TuneECU.html

10. wakked1

wakked1 Aspiring Itinerant

Oddometer:
  11. GlobalTech

GlobalTech Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I noticed on Tuneecu that there's a tick box for SAS enable/disable, is this a permanent change, I'm thinking download existing stock map from ecu, disable SAS and upload and forget about ripping out the SAS for my Wings.
  12. Spark01

Spark01 V-Twin

Oddometer:
    because tuneecu now has the table export feature, i made a copy of the standard 2031 "akra" map of a SM and exported the F1&F2 table.
    and the txt file that was generated, placed it in excel.
    To see if i see somethong odd.
    What i noticed is that i clearly can see a bump(more fuel injected) around 3250-3750rpm and at 5000-5500rpm??
    [​IMG]

I don't have wideband lambda to confirm it, maybe somebody who has made a custom map with a logger can confirm this?.
    But i like the feature:clap

Some explanation: to the right is TPS to the left RPM and in the y-axis is the fuel.
  13. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. boyscout_steve

boyscout_steve Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys, A quick update: Alain suggested that my Tuneboy USB cable was so old that it may not be compatible. I purchased a £8.95 USB/OBDII cable from Ebay and now all is well. (I was probably one of Wayne's original customer base with my 2000 Triumph TT600) The good news is that I can now connect Tuneboy up to the Triumph and TuneECU up to the KTM at the same time!!!
  15. Killer Whale KTM

Oddometer:
    Hi Guy's,
    Has anyone had any problems with a "not compatable with ecu" message ?
    I have the 07-08 Akro map and can't even change it back to original/reg exhaust ?!
    Any idea's if I'm doing something wrong !!
    Thanks,
    Killer Whale KTM
  16. bikyto

bikyto Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer:
    hum no.
    so you take your saved stock map and open it in tuneecu and click on "download". It tells you "not compatible with ecu" and goes no further?

It should give you a pop up that has a warning in it stating that a wrong map might cause engine damage. But you should be able to click "continue" or "next" (I am not telling you to do that since I don't know what you are trying to upload). But that's the process.

Can you break down the steps that you are taking?
  17. twodollardoug

twodollardoug the calimesa kid

Oddometer:
    poor killer whale. you a having a hell of a time with this thing arnt you.
  18. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:
    i see him struggling with the thing, but what i find remarkable is that he is still not giving up and i think he won't be any time soon.

i want to "make my FI better" but frankly speaking, i don't have the balls (yet) to jump into it, so i keep telling myself that i have learned to ride with the FI as it is and all is fine with the world.....

to me, all you guys are hardcore !! :clap
  19. Killer Whale KTM

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,
    Yes I am having a hard time !!:cry But I'm not giving up !!
    If I can't fix it by spring time, I'll through it in the lake !!:eek1
    I have completely removed my throttle bodies. Why is the surface in the intake tracks so rough and kind of dirty or sooty looking ? Is that from back firing ? I'm going to seal the intake boots with silicone or something to ensure that I have no air leaks.I'm also going to replace the MAP sensor hoses and throughly check the intakes and air box for leaks. I doubt this will help though because it all looks good. Should the idle adjustment bolts touch the bracket things when off the bike ?? Mine each have a gap of nearly 1/8 an inch :huh
    Can you check the throttle position sensors when they are off the bike ?? As long as the elec. plug is attached ?? How do you know which one to adjust ?
    Reading all the various post lead me to believe that there was only 1 !
    Could me FMF mufflers lack of back pressure cause problems ?
    I'm not sure why all of a sudden I can't load maps. I'm doing the same as before. I might switch back to stock map and reinstall stock mufflers as a test, but can't seem to change to any map ???!:huh
    Thanks for your help !
    Killer Whale KTM
  20. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought the ECU had a limit to how many times different maps could be loaded, 10 or 12? I have to read back through some of the other threads and find it. How many times have you loaded maps on yours?