DRZ 400E Adventure Racks

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by jackpiner57, May 7, 2012.

1. Canuman

Canuman Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer:
    Back once again with the "E" from Tom's. He wanted my bike to test a few things on. Now, the top rack is a completely independent piece and does not require the side racks for support. The side racks have been changed accordingly, and the system sports an optional rear loop that ties the back of the side racks together. I did not have any issues with the racks without the rear loop, but some had requested them. They will be tested soon.

Once again, this system is put together with the care and knowledge that only an experienced rider and fabricator can offer. It's always good to talk to an craftsman who cares deeply about what he is doing. Hope you get those pics posted up soon, Tom. It's a great looking assembly, and I expected no less. There is nothing to equal this rack anywhere.

Tom, I'll keep that stinky green rig fueled up for whenever you want to ride it. I arrived back a few minutes ago, and decided to give it a kick while the beast was still captive on the trailer. First pop. The idle has leveled out, and there's no mosquito repellent. I'm beginning to wonder if it needs new jets at all.
  2. jackpiner57

jackpiner57 Moto-Racks.com Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Thanks Tim for the kind words! I've finally got some pics to post.

DRZ 400E Rear Luggage Rack

Has a 4 point attachment for more strength.

Measures 16.5" x 14.5" and will hold lots of gear in any type of large bag like the Wolfman Expedition Dry Duffel. The new RotopaX 1.75 gal. fuel or water pack fits right on. RotopaX ready cross plate for attaching/detaching the RotopaX Pack Mount quickly and easily with just two bolts. Has 4 large bungee loops to hold straps captive and allows Fastex type buckles to fit through.

$159.00 plus $16.00 shipping

[​IMG]
  3. Roll-sen

Roll-sen Hater be Hatin'

Oddometer:
    I'm in. PM sent.
  4. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    DRZ-E Adventure Racks

[​IMG]
  5. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Check out my website: http://www.moto-racks.com/index.html

DRZ 400 E Luggage Racks - Made in the
    USA

---------------------------------------------------------------------

For the DRZ400 S and SM - GO HERE: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667912

For the KLR650 - GO HERE: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834623

DRZ 400 E Rear Luggage Rack:

* Strong 4 point attachment

* Comes ready to attach our side racks if needed

* Large 16.5" x 14.5" platform to hold lots of gear in any type of large bag like the Wolfman Expedition Dry Duffel and even a 1.75 gal. RotopaX Gas Pack or Water Pack.

* Guaranteed not to break. I'll pay to ship it back to me and ship you a new one. No questions asked.

* Easy installation with all fasteners and mounting instructions included. Requires enlarging one hole to 5/16" on an aluminum tab on the sub-frame to accommodate an 8mm bolt and lock nut.

* RotopaX ready cross plate with threaded holes for attaching/detaching the RotopaX Pack Mount quickly and easily with just two bolts (included). The new RotopaX 1.75 gal. fuel or water packs fit this rack.

* Has 4 large bungee loops to hold straps captive and allows Fastex type buckles to fit through.

* Sits flush with top of seat to help prevent lower back injury in a slide off the back.

Price: $159.00 plus $16.00 shipping

[​IMG]

===============================================================================

DRZ 400E
    Top Rack with Side Racks:

* Top Rack measures 16.5" x 14.5" and will hold lots of gear in any type of large bag like the Wolfman Expedition Dry Duffel. The new RotopaX 1.75 gal. fuel or water pack fits right on. RotopaX ready cross plate for attaching/detaching the RotopaX Pack Mount quickly and easily with just two bolts. Has 4 large bungee loops to hold straps captive and allows Fastex type buckles to fit through.

* Side Racks are designed to hold any side bags including Wolfman Expedition Dry
    Saddle Bags. Their metal strap clips fit into our side rack loops to hold bags tight to the rack. Requires purchase of the Top Rack because it only works as a 3 piece system.

* Top Rack sits flush with top of seat to minimize injury to your lower back if you slide off the back or are rear ended.

* Easy bolt on installation with all fasteners and mounting instructions included.

* Painted Satin Black

Price: $298.00 plus $28.00 shipping

Optional Side Rack Cross Brace:

Price: $39.95 with free shipping if bought with side racks. $12.00 shipping if bought alone.

Shown with Side Racks and Cross Brace
    [​IMG]
  6. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Independent top rack is a large 16.5" x 14.5" to carry camping gear, dry bags, and a RotopaX!

The three rack system is the only one like it for the "E"!

Order yours today!
  7. Roll-sen

Roll-sen Hater be Hatin'

Oddometer:
    I received my top rack a few days ago. Haven't mounted it yet but it's definitely a stout piece. Holding it up to the bike, it looks like it'll drop right into place without any bending/grinding or other 'special fitting techniques'.

Will post pics once it's mounted up.
  8. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Thanks Roll-sen, I'm looking forward to the pics! The install should be pretty straightforward. The hardest part is lining up the seats metal tabs with the hole. I use a flashlight and look into the hole to make sure everything is lined up before inserting the bolts.
  9. Canuman

Canuman Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer:
    These are the goods, people! It's the only complete adventure rack system I am aware of for the E model. With a few modifications (talk to Jackpiner57), they can be made to mount the GIVI E21 hard bags, which gives a nice, economical weatherproof solution for hard luggage without breaking the bank. The E21s will also not break your leg in a fall as readily as some of the sharp-edged hard cases.

Needless to say, they also adapt to a wide variety of soft bags.

This is a fantastic price from an excellent fabricator working in the USA. Help a fellow rider out!
  10. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the support Tim! There hasn't been much interest in the DRZ-E racks here on ADVrider. I'm working on a website right now, and I'm hoping that will help to bring them into the light.
  11. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
  12. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    DRZ 400 E Luggage Racks - Made in the USA

For the DRZ400 S and SM - GO HERE: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=667912

For the KLR650 - GO HERE:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834623

Sale!

* Comes ready to attach our side racks if needed

* Large 16.5" x 14.5" platform to hold lots of gear in any type of large bag like the Wolfman Expedition Dry Duffel and even a 1.75 gal. RotopaX Gas Pack or Water Pack.

* Guaranteed not to break. I'll pay to ship it back to me and ship you a new one. No questions asked.

* Easy installation with all fasteners and mounting instructions included. Requires enlarging one hole to 5/16" on an aluminum tab on the sub-frame to accommodate an 8mm bolt and lock nut.

* RotopaX ready cross plate with threaded holes for attaching/detaching the RotopaX Pack Mount quickly and easily with just two bolts (included). The new RotopaX 1.75 gal. fuel or water packs fit this rack nicely.

* Has 4 large bungee loops to hold straps captive and allows Fastex type buckles to fit through.

* Sits flush with top of seat to help prevent lower back injury in a slide off the back.

Sale Price: $149.00 plus $16.00 shipping

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
  14. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    If anyone needs a Rear Luggage Rack or complete system, PM me. I make these to order and it takes a couple of weeks for delivery.
  15. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    DRZ 400 E Luggage Racks - Made in the USA

For the KLR650 - GO HERE: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834623

* Comes ready to attach our side racks

* RotopaX ready cross plate with threaded holes for attaching/detaching the RotopaX Pack Mount quickly and easily with just two bolts (included). The new RotopaX 1.75 gal. fuel or water packs fit this rack.

Price: $159.00 plus $16.00 shipping

[​IMG]

===============================================================================

DRZ 400E
    Top Rack with Side Racks:

* Top Rack measures 16.5" x 14.5" and will hold lots of gear in any type of large bag like the Wolfman Expedition Dry Duffel. The new RotopaX 1.75 gal. fuel or water pack fits right on. RotopaX ready cross plate for attaching/detaching the RotopaX Pack Mount quickly and easily with just two bolts. Has 4 large bungee loops to hold straps captive and allows Fastex type buckles to fit through.

* Side Racks are designed to hold any side bags including Wolfman Expedition Dry
    Saddle Bags. Their metal strap clips fit into our side rack loops to hold bags tight to the rack. Requires purchase of the Top Rack because it only works as a 3 piece system.

* Top Rack sits flush with top of seat to minimize injury to your lower back if you slide off the back or are rear ended.

* Easy bolt on installation with all fasteners and mounting instructions included.

* Painted Satin Black

Price: $298.00 plus $28.00 shipping

Optional Side Rack Cross Brace:

Price: $48.00 with free shipping if bought with side racks. $12.00 shipping if bought alone.

Shown with Side Racks and Cross Brace
    [​IMG]
  16. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    what is the weight of the rear rack and supports? E guys are always counting ozs.

how about weight limitations? i assume most all will put a dry duffel back there. wondering how heavy that can be.

thanks bill
  17. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Hi Bill, the weight of the rack and left side bracket is 6.5 lbs. This rack will support as much weight as you want to put on it. The weight limitation is just before the E's aluminum sub-frame snaps.:wink:
  18. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    I'm taking orders for the DRZ-E racks and they take two weeks. I custom make these one at a time, but I may discontinue these due to lack of interest.
  19. Adrian V

Adrian V Long timer

Oddometer:
    G'day Tom,

I have an Australian DRZ 400E (which I believe has the S subframe), and I'm wanting to use the side racks to carry fuel, in combination with a Great Basin for everything else.

Do you have any pictures of a bike with the side racks and the Great Basin?

The racks look like they may be too far forward to do this, but if you or anyone else was able to try this combination, it would be much appreciated.

Otherwise, would you be interested in tweaking the brackets to suit?

Cheers,

Adrian
  20. jackpiner57

Oddometer:
    Hi Adrian, I don't have any pictures of A Great Basin on my DRZ-E racks. It's possible it could work though.

The Australian DRZ-E sub-frame is a hybrid. The top portion is like the USA DRZ-S and the lower portion is like the USA DRZ-E. The side racks that I offer will fit the Australian DRZ-E, but it does not utilize the top sub-frame tabs. Therefore, they require the top rack for attachment.

It looks like the Great Basin bag is designed to sit on the rear fender and the lower legs just need something to keep them out of the wheel and off the exhaust. The rear rack might get it the way?