The All New LIQUID COOLED R1200GS threadfest

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Dorsicano, Feb 3, 2011.

1. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    No you're not. Don't take your fun so seriously. We're just joshin' around. I am sure the bike can jump like that all day.

But why do you think they picked on the Shaft drive to joke about? :hmmmmm
  2. I GS 1

I GS 1 I 90S I

Oddometer:
    If that is you Eric, I take back my PhotoShop comment. I fully believe it is not a stunt and can imagine you joking about the driveshaft in that way (sorry, I missed the "analyst" reference). The pics and video have been fantastic. Good luck and keep it up.
  3. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    You don't understand dry humour do you:rofl
  4. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exactly, what's with this place. I thought these guys on here were meant to know what they're talking about:lol3 As if BMW would release a bike in 2013 with such a flaw at a time when the model is so important. People keep banging on about the old fInal drive issue (when BMW had virtually no competition, and when the BMW motorcycle division consisted of about 3 models), but all the repetitive points about head shake are just getting boring.

See my comment above. You're obviously on some kind of crusade against the new GS. Your posts are getting tedious now.
  5. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are far too many whiney bitches who think they know far too much in this thread.
  6. Baytriple

Baytriple n00b

Oddometer:
    I didn't think it could be that bad until I started reading it. There really is not one coherent sentence all the way through?
  7. velimlje

velimlje Adventurer

Oddometer:
    let's update that list .... if you don't mind of course ...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/857/15409/Motorcycle-Article/2013-BMW-R1200GS-First-Ride.aspx

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/02/01/2013-bmw-r1200gs-first-ride-review/

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia.../2013/january/-2013-bmw-r1200gs/#.UQ5IFx1vgoq

and of course video review

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GvaCoCHE6Q4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope I didn't miss any ...:wink:
  8. velimlje

velimlje Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap
  9. NLS

NLS My bike needs washing...

Oddometer:
    Of course it was a joke we all know it. Thing is... YOU are the one who made the joke?

Because if this is the case we want full details of... well everything. :rofl
    Your job, the shake "issue" (?), if BMW is doing anything about it (even if they believe its nothing), more photos, more videos...

Few things. :evil
  10. NLS

NLS My bike needs washing...

Oddometer:
    I thought this was the case in all threads everywhere.
  11. El Gato

El Gato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can we come back to reality for a moment? Some of you guys argue about headshake as if it's a black-and-white thing... either the bike has a headhsake issue or it doesn't. ANY bike, under the right (or wrong) circumstances, can experience headshake. Does this bike have a problem excessive headshake? Who the &*$% knows. Certainly not anyone here. If it's that worrisome, put a steering damper on the bike - problem solved! If BMW doesn't have an OEM solution, I'm sure Scotts or Rallye-Moto or Hyperpro or GorillaZilla or Touratech will be along shortly to offer one.
  12. GS Addict

GS Addict Pepperfool Supporter

Oddometer:
    You are obviously an expert.
    Please clarify "sane major OEM"
    And if possible, advise of any insane ones. I won't buy from them.
    Thanks
  13. fixinbones

fixinbones Tarmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can the head shakers please start a new thread!!
  14. erkmania

erkmania I Remain Undeturd

Oddometer:
    Not your brand of ad nauseum, huh? :lol3

Chances are that the R-WC-GS Headshaker will eventually get its own forum category. Be patient. :evil
  15. oalvarez

oalvarez Resident Raggamuffin Supporter

Oddometer:
    as a counterpoint.....Ducati.....the maker of the 1199 Panigale which was first sold earlier in 2012. fast forward to today, they've reached out to the bike's owners alerting them of a potential hazard/danger attributed to heat output of the exhaust/heads, and that a fix is in place. not just a little bit of heat from what i've learned, but enough heat to cause possible/potential physical harm to the rider's skin. did the manufacturer not know of the heat issue prior to its release? could you imagine a salesperson telling a potential customer a year ago that the bike emitted such heat and that it would be unbearably hot to ride in certain ambient temps?

yes, tank slappers/head shakes can happen, to any bike, but it happening (one very violently) to three reviewers out of twenty on the same model bike gives cause for concern, specifically and justifiably more so to those about to spend $20k+ on a new one.

if the tank slapper concern isn't justified, then waiting to buy a new model year bike until the second year isn't either. :wave
  16. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    I've looked at the turn signal mounting points when checking out the 2013, looks to me they are the same as on the 2012 so the nice small EU LED turn signal lights should fit just fine. That will be my first farkling job here in Canada, proper non-protruding turn signals :-)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. Motard_Menace

Motard_Menace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have enjoyed your posts and it is nice to have an insider working with the new bike to provide commentary about its strengths and any weakness it might have so please don't consider your time wasted due to a few folks here. I believe sometimes when we type comments the underlying intent is missed and people really meant no harm and were trying to be funny, but it comes across the wrong way. This can then spiral out of control on a forum since it becomes easy to be a tough guy when there is no fear of personal confrontation or discovery. This is especially true when you are newer and don't know the poster's personality yet. I've been on here a while but somewhat sparingly so I don't even know most of the folks tendencies or personalities. The forums are great resources but also lack the intimacy you get from face to face conversations yet without them we wouldn't have the opportunity to hear from folks like you on the other side if the planet so it's a trade off that can be worth it for me anyway. So in that regard please continue to update for those of us who are sincerely interested to hear from someone actually out there using the bike to its capabilities. Thanks and be safe out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.......MM
  18. eap

eap El Adventurero Solitario Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm enamored - And as for me, I am more interested in the routine maintenance on this bike - it really has me excited! So what routine maintenance features are wrench'en retards likely capable of? The ADV Hall of Wisdom, Posts by the likes of John Jen, Poolside and others... and JVB videos have have mentored me through over ten years of GS'n. :clap. So what's the prognosis for owner servicing this baby? :ear
  19. eap

eap El Adventurero Solitario Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not so.:norton

+ 1 :wave
  20. Gros Buck

Gros Buck Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer:
    You were in Quebec city Yesterday ??? Cause it's me sitting on the bike ... :wink:

Paul Jr