The Yamaha TW200 Thread...

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by neepuk, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    I got nuttin':eek1

Maybe she spayshull. They like to be spayshull....
  2. assquatch20

assquatch20 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Find her an MSF dirt course or something similar.
  3. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anybody here replaced their stock headlight (the lens, housing etc) and inserted a custom LED light into the existing bracket?

Something along what advmonster is selling for KTM and Husky dirt bikes but for the TW stock headlight bracket/fairing.

The output of my stock '93 headlight leaves much more to be desired and I'm cautious to overtax the system with too bright of a bulb. LEDs produce great light output, don't use many watts and can still have a low/high setting when using a dimmer.

[​IMG]
  4. Dyno

Dyno Conquistador

Oddometer:
  5. plumbstraight

plumbstraight plumbstraight

Oddometer:
    I have heard that someone makes a kit so you can put the same size tire in front that is the size of the rear. Anyone have a handle on that. Would like to take a look at one.
  6. Lizrdbrth

Lizrdbrth Wackjob

Oddometer:
    There are some archived threads regarding them on the old TW forum.

They were once available from an outfit in Japan, but IIRC the cost to import a kit was upward of USD $2,000.
  7. Goofy Footer

Goofy Footer Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I installed Tusk Grip Heaters on my Zong. :D

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...usk-Grip-Heater-Kit?term=tusk+grip+heater+kit

[​IMG]

I had previously installed the Tusk Grip Heaters on my Honda XR650L; I liked the Tusk Grip Heaters so much, I decided the Zong needed a set as well. :deal

The Tusk grip heaters use a 2 ohm resistor to reduce the heat generated at the grips on the "low" setting, but the resistor uses just as much energy as the "high" setting. :rolleyes Therefore, I installed an inexpensive, PWM (pulse width modulation) device in place of the resistor. :wink: The PWM uses less energy than the resistor, and also allows for fine tuning the heat on the "low" setting. I purchased the lightweight, PWM device on eBay for about $5, delivered. :deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Light-D...ing_Parts_and_Accessories&hash=item1c2c4b4e1d

Using the following wiring diagram, I connected the PWM device to a DPDT (double pole, double throw), center-off switch I bought at Radio Shack.

[​IMG]

I mounted the switch on top of my indicator lights, and I mounted the PWM device on top of my speedometer.

[​IMG]

I ran a dedicated, fused wire from my battery to power the grip heaters. I also installed a relay, triggered by a power line controlled by the ignition key.

[​IMG]

I love heated grips! :D Even in the summer heated grips are an asset in Idaho. After the sun goes down, it gets cold when you are a mile high, or higher. :deal

[​IMG]

Spud :beer
  9. JagLite

JagLite Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great info Spud! :clap
    Thanks for your excellent, informative posts.
    With links and all so we can follow where you lead. :freaky
  10. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're welcome. :D

11. plumbstraight

Oddometer:
    I have always had an issue with the seat. Backside gets a bit uncomfortable after a while. Lastnight I had a vision, had a seat off a 1500 kawasaki wondered how it would look/work on myTW. I sit a bit forward, could move it back, but sure like the fit on my posterier.
    Does give more room on the back. Thinking of a small backrest incorporated into a rack. Will start putting something together in my shop.

How do you display pics, don't see an attachment icon. OK, just saw that I cannot post attachments, what is with that?
  12. Solomoriah

Solomoriah likes the back roads

Oddometer:
    You have to use an outside picture hosting service, like Flickr or Photobucket or Smugmug. Or have your own website, like I do, to host them on.
  13. plumbstraight

Oddometer:
    Well I put in photobucket, now what lol
  14. assquatch20

assquatch20 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The photos have links you can copy, use the "direct link" then click the photo button here when you make a new post, insert the link, done.
  15. frog13

frog13 Long timer

Oddometer:

Spud...........can you see whats behind you rather than your shoulders with the Ken Sean or bikemaster mirrors?.
  16. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, the Ken Sean/Bikemaster folding mirrors provide an excellent view to the rear. :D Also, I have noticed very little vibration from these mirrors. :deal

17. Solomoriah

Solomoriah likes the back roads

Oddometer:
    Just noticed that Dennis Kirk has the Ken Sean mirrors for $13.46; Motorcycle Superstore lists the Bikemasters for $17.99. I'm thinking about those mirrors, as I hate the vibration in the stock units.

As far as the whole seeing-past-my-elbows thing goes, I got mirror extensions from someone on eBay that solved that for me. Quite possibly, if I get the Ken Sean mirrors, I'll keep the extensions as well, unless it makes my bike look like it has big ears.

EDIT: Shipping to me is $7.99 on Dennis Kirk, $6.99 on Motorcycle Superstore. So the overall deal is better on Dennis Kirk's site.
  18. DingDangKid

DingDangKid El Lechero

Oddometer:
    I had the ken Sean mirrors on my lc4 and they were very practical for switching back on/off road. I can't really comment on how bad the vibes were because no mirror was rattle free on the 625cc paint shaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered oil drain plug yesterday because bike had set for 8 years when I bought. Went out and put 6 point socket on break over bar and it came loose no prob.:lol3 guess I have one in case I have prob later.
  20. FootDoc

FootDoc Gas it

Oddometer:
    If I had an extra drain plug Id consider doing this:

http://tw200forum.com/forums/99653/ShowPost.aspx