Craig's Thread

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Bloodweiser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Fleksta

Fleksta Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This looks like a smoking deal for someone, wish I had the cash to spare.

[​IMG]
  2. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    1993 yamaha gts1000 (very rare) - $2950 (new kent)

1993 yamaha gts1000 (very rare)

this bike was not sold and titled until 1997. It currrently has 35k miles

it was just serviced, valves adjusted, all fluids changed, new tires, new chain and sprockets,

it runs and rides like new...this is your chance to own history this is a very limmited prodution motorcycle.

Way ahead of its time when introduced, abs, efi, and trick suspension. Valued between 5000 and 6000

has had a low speed spill oon right side and is not cosmetically perfect but runs perfect.

Text for pictures.....call henry 804-247-4785...price negotable.
  3. barko1

barko1 barko1

Oddometer:
    Rare because no one wanted them then. Started selling in 93, stopped in the US in 94. But still interesting
  4. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    You'll run out of fingers and toes counting bikes that were pulled from this market due to poor sales and which later developed cult followings. I've owned a couple of them (Yamaha XV920 and Honda Pacific Coast) and would buy plenty more.
  5. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately missing some bodywork. Better condition would be nice, but it's cheap enough.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/4025231102.html

Honda NX650 - $1000 (Prince George) <SECTION class=userbody><FIGURE class=iw>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    </FIGURE><SECTION id=postingbody>1989 Honda NX650 @ 16,000 miles on speedometer that does not work ,all lights and horn works, new CDI unit, fresh tune-up, new battery,spark plugs, air filter,synthetic oil, CARB cleaned. Runs like a Honda should, electric start,transmission shifts smooth, plenty of power, super trapp exhaust. cosmetically not so good, it has been ridden on trails, and yes its been down, but she's still running strong. 650cc thumper for a grand..title in hand. call before 9:00 pm. No trades, No email,No phone hagglers, No text, Cash talks. (Ate Zero for)-Two For Zero- Seven Ate Nine Nine.
  6. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/4032095647.html

Concours C10 - A Very Sad Story - $1875 (Ginter Park) <SECTION class=userbody>

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

+-

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

seminary avenue at bellvue avenue

<FIGURE class=iw>[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    </FIGURE><SECTION id=postingbody>Once upon a time, there was a man named Rick, who lived in a wonderful place called ADD-Land. He spent his days obsessing over his bikes, tinkering & maintaining, until a day when ... SQUIRREL! ... his attention went elsewhere. And once gone, the attention sadly never came back. So every year or two, he found himself with a motorcycle that was fully operational and improved upon, yet really had no place in his heart.

Well, as sad stories often do, this tale starts with such a sorrowful plight. Rick bought a Concours C10 from an acquaintance in January, and spent the next seven months working on it. Every maintenance item fully addressed. Farkles purchased and installed. Trips planned and taken. And now another (hussy!) sits in his garage, in the prime spot up front, while poor Connie sobs in the back. But it doesn't have to be this way. For a hero can arise and offer this poor, yet beautiful woman, a place in his own heart.

Ahem ... OK, I'm not sure I can continue that. Let's just skip to the point of the matter. I (the aforementioned Rick) have a bike. A Concours C10. You do not. Yet you want one. Desperately. (Stare into my eyes ... you are getting sleepy ...)

Let me 'splain.

The Connie is a 1000cc, inline four, powerhouse of a bike. And that's actually a very true statement. Twist this throttle and you *will* launch. It has sport bike handling at speed, tons of storage, and excellent wind/weather protection. It's the only bike I've ever owned that had the ergonomics nailed right from the factory. At least to my 6'2", 34" inseam frame. And the gas tank is freaking huge! 7.5 gallons. You'll stop for butt cramps before you stop for gas.

But wait, that's not all!

I (or the PO) have added a number of farkles for your riding pleasure:

- Taller handlebars. And this needs a detailed explanation. Stock, the handlebars are neither clip ons, nor tubular. Some weird thing in-between. Now, if they fit you, then great. (I still have them, by the way). But because I added tubular bar adapters, you can put ANY 7/8" handlebar on there to fit your style. Currently, the bars are 8" taller than stock, and come with all the extended lines necessary. These may fit you. They may not. But with this setup, you can spend $30 and put any height/style bars on that float your own personal boat. Hell, I'll even do the swap for you. Takes maybe 10 minutes. Cool, huh?

- Lowered peg extenders and wider pegs from a Goldwing. They're called KneeSavers. Very nice. Plus folding highway pegs.

- A Corbin seat. Granted, it's seen more than its share of rump, and is not the best looking thing. But it's not torn and it works. I've done 10-12 hour days with no issues. And I'm a butt-wuss. (I have the stock seat as well).

- Several small things, like a 12v power outlet, a battery monitor (in case you run heated gear and worry about the draw), cool decals (the KMW ones make everyone comment!), quick release thingies for the tank and the side panels, a tank bib, fork-mounted driving lights, and probably a few other things I've forgotten.

Now, what's the bad, you ask? Well, the bike *is* 21 years old. It's got its share of small scratches, but nothing that I couldn't (and didn't) buff out. Mostly. Hell, even the most attractive, older actress has blemishes she didn't have in her youth. There is a small dent in the tank, but it's under the tank bib, and I honestly forgot about it until I re-read the POs ad. You don't see it. And the style (at least to my eyes) is a bit dated.

As far as the pics, I need to apologize. I went outside, washed and waxed her, and it promptly started raining. So back into the garage for her photo shoot she went. Not much I can do about that. Lo siento.

And that's about it. The price is firm and fair. Where else are you going to get a well sorted-out, 1000cc, touring sport bike for under two grand? One that has a reputation for being bulletproof? I would, and have, hopped on this beauty and rode the snot out of it over multiple states. A couple of thousand miles just last month. (The Dragon was a hoot on this thing). No trade wanted, I've got it's replacement. Cash is king. Test rides only with an endorsement on your license and a feeling of good karma from you. And be warned, I'm stingy on the good karma vibe thing. You may be sitting in the driveway going vroom-vroom instead of actually piloting the ole girl if I think you're not up to my insurance company's standards.

Oh ... to answer your question ... "Why am I selling it after less than a year". Didn't you read the first two paragraphs? Jeez! Because that's actually true. I bought it to supplement my BMW GS (and my Royal Enfield). Thought it looked fun. But both of those other bikes are now sold, and the Connie is all that's left. And as much as I love this bike, it's done as far as farkling and improvements. And I've got a new toy to dump unnecessary funds on. What can I say ... it's the way I am. (Yes, you should pity my wife).

There you go. Email early and often. Supplies are limited. Your mileage may vary. If you experience an erection for more than two hours, brag about it on Facebook. I certainly would. Connies may cause euphoria and short-term loss of memory. Consult a doctor before starting any ride. Blah blah blah ... :-)

What's that? (Ring ring) Someone's on the phone asking about the bike? You better hurry before they snatch it up!
  7. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/4000142154.html

APRILIA RS250 - $4800 (Prince george) <SECTION class=userbody><FIGURE class=iw>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

</FIGURE><SECTION id=postingbody>1999 aprilia rs 250 challenge. low miles(2700),original stock setup, excellent shape,new battery,carbs cleaned,uni air filter,never crashed or damaged,ready for the track. lots of spares.see aprilia forum for specs. no e-mails, no spam, no trades, no texts, no offers unless you have cash in hand and in person.call before 9:00 p.m. ate owe for -too for zero-7 ate nine 9. thanx </SECTION><SECTION class=cltags><!-- START CLTAGS -->
    • <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=Prince george -->Location: Prince george
  8. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    This one appealed to me for the sheer mystery of it. Some guy obviously not ATGATT at the time, or something equally intriguing.

Motorcycle jacket on 295 Found Mon. 26th. (Henrico - Hanover) <SECTION class=userbody><SECTION id=postingbody>I picked up a motorcycle jacket on 295 Monday afternoon. There was something in the pocket - not exactly sure what it is. Describe your jacket - ex: size - color - features - and give me gas money to meet you and you can have it back. It looks like it might have gotten run over - but still in wearable condition.
  9. telejojo

telejojo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Huntsville Ala. foothills of the Smokey's
  10. thumpism

thumpism Between bikes

Oddometer:
    Hondamatic! There was one here recently advertised for about a grand less but who knows what it sold for. I was going to joke about the price not being bad if it included the trailer, but now I see it does.

1976 HondaMatic - $3000

$3000 OBO
    Runs great!
    Complete with Trailer
  11. duckman

duckman co conspirator

Oddometer:
    as a native long islander I would like to say i'm sorry, this is an abomination
  12. Skidmarkart

Skidmarkart Dirty Middle Age Man Supporter

Oddometer:
  13. Villafuego

Villafuego Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. Andyvh1959

Andyvh1959 Cheesehead Klompen Supporter

Oddometer:
    Da frozen tundra eh? 1.5 mile west of Lambeau
    There was a recent Craigslist add in Wausau, WI, for a 1984 BMW K100 "diesel" bike, for sale, for parts, $650. No title, no fuel tank, missing fuel injectors, no seat, no bodywork. But, it did have: saddlebags, Ohlins rear shock, trailer hitch, and updated wheel/brake assemblies from a 93 or newer BMW. Otherwise looked on the pictures like a complete rolling chassis.

I called the seller who knew nothing of the bike, since it was for an estate settlement. Made the mistake of saying "it's not a diesel because the 1984 K-bike was the first year of the K-brick engine, and was gas only". Should kept my mouth shut, got over there to look at it, and thrown a low cash offer of $400. Never drove the 90 miles to go see it, and a week later the add was off. Like a really needed another project anyway.

Woulda been a cool platform to create a K-cafe bike though.
  15. blaine.hale

blaine.hale Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't know if anyone else likes the transalps but I sure do:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/4045928983.html

CL atlanta otp north all for sale / wanted motorcycles/scooters - by owner
    Reply d5kpc-4045928983@sale.craigslist.org [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-09-04, 2:11PM EDT
    1990 Honda Transalp XL600V - $3000 (Woodstock)

image 1image 2image 3
    Color: Fighting Red with Gray Stripes
    Custom Corbin Saddle with Backrest
    Pirelli Scorpion S/T tires
    Owner's Manual and Service Manual
    Original Tool Kit and Original Sales Brochure

New Spark Plugs, New Battery, Clean, Minor Cosmetic Defects
    52,000 miles, Runs great

SPARE PARTS/SUPPLIES (included):
    Nelson-Rigg Vinyl Cover
    New Clutch Cable and Universal Hand Lever
    New Gear Shift Lever
    (2) Chain Master Links with Link Removal Tool
    (2) Cans of Pro Chain Lube
    (4) Quarts of Synthetic Blend M/C Oil
    Transalp Hat and Key Fob

Call Lawrence @ 77zero-40one-262three Clear Title, Cash Only

It's like a BMW GS, but with half the weight and half the price. Since I had neck surgery, I can't ride it any more. Great for exploring the highways and byways. Especially suited for winding dirt mountain roads and two-tracks. 1990 was the last year this bike was imported into the US. Basement and garage kept. Original owner.
    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Posting ID: 4045928983 Posted: 2013-09-04, 2:11PM EDT email to a friend
    Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram).
    Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info

FORMAT: mobile regular
    © 2013 craigslist help terms privacy safety feedback about cl jobs
  16. Beater

Beater The Bavarian Butcher

Oddometer:
    I saw that. It really looks cherry too.

*swoon*
  17. surlywill

surlywill Adventurer

Oddometer:
  18. epb

epb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  19. surlywill

surlywill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Same here. Does get me too look at ads I might pass up. I think this BSA is over priced, But sure looks cool :evil
  20. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    I see a rear brake pedal on the right. Also shift on right and no pedal for anything on left? But what really gets me is there is no front brake? Is there something here I'm not seeing? There is a hand lever on the right handlebar but no brake for the cable to go too?