Broncos Country

Discussion in 'Sports' started by spanky, Sep 18, 2009.

1. lorazepam

lorazepam Two fisted burger

Oddometer:
    If not for a lucky tip, the Broncos would be 1-3 vs the AFC North. :deal
  2. sloMark

sloMark Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dunno? Of course I will go with the Steelers (it's all I know), but not without concern. We got lotsa injuries, we lost to them once already, you just don't know what Steeler team will show up, but is is at home.........just dunno? Should be a good game. I see this as the toughest game left on our schedule.

The bengals ever show up in their old throwbacks ever? With "bengals" written on the side of the helmet (Ken Anderson #14 :deal )??
  3. lorazepam

Oddometer:
    I haven't seen them in the throwback uniforms this year. Look exactly like the browns uniforms except the Bengals on the helmet.

It looks like we are getting the once a decade kickass Bengals this year.
  4. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    I've said before--- with hindsight what is impressive about that game is that the Broncos were in a position that a little luck allowed them to win.

Almost every game has a bit of luck one way or the other. What is important in the NFL is to play well enough that you can make the most out of luck. :deal

Jurgen
  5. lorazepam

Oddometer:
    You should feel lucky that you don't have to play the Ravens and Steelers twice a year each :lol3. We do :cry
  6. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    There was a time when you would have been glad to not have to play the Raiders twice a year. :deal :lol3 But I think that time is past.

Pre 1973 it sucked to play KC twice a year. But they've been saying "maybe next year" every year since then. :poser

San Diego? A lot of talent and talk, never perform up to expectations.

Jurgen
  7. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:

It ain't luck. It's being in the right place at the right time.
  8. ]I)Money

]I)Money D NOT I Supporter

Oddometer:
    "What is 44-53, Alex?":deal

Yeah, we suck right now, though.:puke1
  9. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    I don't think the 'Skins can stop the run and that will help make Orton look really good. I think the Broncos will try to shorten the game with the run and take a couple shots down field to stretch the 'Skins D.

Add in a defensive TD and I see it Broncos 30 - 'Skins 3

What say you, Spanka Potomus?
  10. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Yep- if we don't play over confidant this should be a solid win.

28-10

Jurgen
    Plus they don't have Portis.
  11. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    I read somewhere that the 'Skins' defense is less betta against the run then Pittsburgh by 1.4 yds/gm which spells serious trouble for a Bronco offense under siege.

Seriously, I do not have a good feeling about this game and something tells me we're going to be tied with the Chargers come Monday.:cry
  12. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    OK, did some fact checking on ya, Spanks.

Da 'Skins are giving up just under 20pts a game. Their pass catching TE Chris Cooley is out with a broken ankle. Clinton Portis is out with a concussion, and his back up LaDell Betts is questionable (more like doubtful) with an ankle injury. Betts was held out of practice totally today - not a good sign.

That leaves their running attack in the hands of Rock Cartwright, the youngest of the Cartwright boys behind Hoss and Lil Joe. Rock, the only one of the Cartwright boys to have been adopted, was not known for his speed or elusiveness, thus he was given the name Rock.

QB Jason Campbell has been less than stellar with 9 TD's and 8 Picks. Without a running game to slow down the Devner D, he may be in for a long afternoon. The WR's, Moss and Randel El, are talented but I doubt Campbell will have the time to get them the ball. Cooley was #2 on the team in receptions and yards.

All that being said, I may be a bit over zealous with my prediction of 30pts for the Broncos, but I don't see the 'Skins scoring enough to win barring a complete Orton collapse or another special teams melt down.

BTW, have the Broncos fired Mitch Berger yet?
  13. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    His hiring comes under the heading of "WTF??!!:huh "

Let's remember that the '09 version of the Broncos is a work in progress and that in the NFL it don't take long for the really good teams to figure you out by mid season. That's what's happening now but we'll at least have a chance to see how McD reacts and tweaks his game plan and talent to meet the challenges ahead.

BTW, I'm still waiting for Champ to get pissed off and take one to the house. Hell, at this point I'd be happy just to see him pissed off because I'm getting the feeling he's living more off reputation now than talent.

Now, what about this Hochstein guy? :ear
  14. Greco

Greco Braap!

Oddometer:
    Granted, a work in progress indeed. Also, given now 8 weeks of tape to break down, I would hope even a marginal NFL coach could pick out the obvious tendencies of both the O and the D that we fans picked up right away. Now the honus is on McD to change his stuff to throw them off the scent.

Champ, at least try to cover a guy, please? That whole chasing thing on Monday night was embarrassing to say the least. Watch the reciever run by and hope to make the play using your blazing catch up speed? Maybe in 2002, but right now it just looks silly. Even Big Ben was laughing about it.

If my memory serves, Hochstein is a former Cornhusker that anchored the O-Line in Nebraska when they still ran at least a distant form of the option. His NFL stops include NewEngland where he got a couple SB rings. McD traded for him this past August. I like having him in the lineup. I think this is his 10th year in the league and 1st with the Broncos. Being from Nebraska, his forte is run blocking, something the O-Line has been lacking the past 2 games.
  15. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    There are better High School punters here in NM. Maybe one of them needs a "weekend" job while still in school. :lol3
  16. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    The Redksins have no offensive line. If the Falcons hadn't fallen asleep with boredom last Sunday, the 'Skins wouldn't have made a game of it. Denver won't have any problem stopping them.

The D is decent but will eventually wear down and give up, especially MeAngelo Hall.
  17. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    ....it's almost beer:30 and this white boy is about to make like a baby and head on out to the local brew pub! :slurp

The weather forecast for the weekend is cold and snow so I'm gonna watch football until I throw up!

You guys have a great weekend!
  18. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I played tennis in beautiful, sunny fall weather today. :1drink

:flip
  19. lorazepam

Oddometer:
    Do you wear sweat pants when it cools off?
  20. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    No, just a fleece top.