Locking up the Scoot in front of Wally World

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Lobby, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    Folks,

What sort of locks do you use for security when you park your scooter in front of, say, any commercial establishment?

How do you lock it up? Merely a chain or a cable through the spoke of the wheel, or do you tie it to something?

Thanks.
  2. Bueller

Bueller Cashin?

Oddometer:
    I use the steering lock and shut off the fuel.

It's insured. I ain't losing any sleep over it :lol3
  3. VespaFitz

VespaFitz No-good-son-of-a-bitch

Oddometer:
    I usually ride it up the auto parts aisle, then over to where they keep the beer and then right out the express checkout.
  4. Rad

Rad Done riding

Oddometer:
    I hope ya don't mind, I snapped this photo of ya before ya lost the weight :lol3

[​IMG]
  5. BUBB

BUBB lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer:
    Park it smack in front of the door on the end of the parking row in the yellow stipes.

I always park there when I'm on two wheels.
  6. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    I do that on the GS, but on a scooter, I wanted right by the front door. On the sidewalk. :nod
  7. JohnTM

JohnTM Who's my daddy? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who'd steal it? Everyone hates scooters anyway. ANd besides, they're gay. :ymca

:lol3
    ozgnp likes this.
  8. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    By all means, use Scooter Parking, which is right at the door and down the aisles. They're soooooo cute. Learn to embrace that. :lol3 "Cute" gets you off the hook for EVERYTHING with these things. I've ridden mine on the sidewalk and across medians to bypass traffic snarls. :augie And people WAVED AND SMILED. WTF? :scratch Go with it. Don't ask why, just use the Cute Factor even if initially you want to gag.

If I'm not going to be gone long, just lock the front fork and walk away. My lid is usually just hanging on the grocery hook. It looks locked.

If I'm a bit more concerned, I use the U-lock I use at night and run it through the front shock plus the fork lock. It doesn't immobilize it but it looks mean.

If I'm really thinking some asshat is gonna steal it, I cable lock it to something.

At home at night, I run a cable from one scoot to the other, both with their forks locked, both with u-locks on the front wheel, and the cable is run through my rear brake pedal on the Stella. Then both bikes are covered. I figure it's more vulnerable in my parking lot--scooter thefts here happen and I think as gas prices continue to go up, more folks are gonna lift 'em.

And, yeah, I have comprehensive on mine but damn, I don't want to have to go through this TWICE. :lol3

There are alarms available for these things in the $65-$100 range. I had one on my vento and liked it.

ISCOOTNY lock page