AR-NWA ADV BS thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Elvis70, Mar 27, 2009.

1. OLEARY

OLEARY Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer:
    Man, that made the national news. I'm impressed. Glad to hear you got all of that behind you and glad to see they put that SOB away! The wheels of justice turn so slow in this country!

By the way, I stopped by your place on the way back home Saturday from riding. I saw your garage door open as I went by so I turned around thinking you might be working on one of your many bikes in the garage. You weren't at the time and I did not want to barge in unannounced so I did not stop. Looked like you had more bikes than I remember the last time I was there. :norton
  2. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    thats possible, ive got some vacation time to burn, Ill check my calender in the morning and get back with you.

crap this means I need a new rear tire too, and even harder, I have to find all of my camping gear...

:1drink
  3. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Should be easy Matt, I'm sure you had to rearrange and store all the stuff that was on your garage floor since it's waxed n all....just sayin
  4. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    the Ozark, Boston, Kiamichi and Ouachita Mnts
    Mornin!
  5. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    mornin fellers :wave
  6. mouthfulloflake

Oddometer:
    Doc,

your laptop likely has a failing cell in its battery pack and the charger is working all of the time now to keep it going.

whats the model of the laptop, Ill try and find you a cheap battery pack ( we go through lots of these types of issues with my "home" network)
  7. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Is that in KS?
  8. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Got the V Strom back now so it's getting a little crowded in there now. :lol3
  9. mouthfulloflake

Oddometer:
    yes, on a lake just north of Medicine Lodge if I recall.

10. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    yeah I kinda suspect the same..just replaced this cheap ass china battery abt 6 months ago...goes on my "dell"..so far this morning, charger is warm, but not as hot as it was last nite..and I think the reason it go to hot last nite was due to when I went to town yesterday, I unplugged the charger and left my pooter on to kinda wear down the battery (cycle thru the battery)..and when I got back from town, plugged in the charger..well I reckon it was working extra hard to bring the battery back up and holy moly it got HOT!..cheap chinese shit!! I am due for a new laptop anyway..I think before I even look for another battery for this piece of history, I will update to a new pooter..tnx for the offer anyway. :D
  11. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Cool, I'll join ya. Gonna come back on Sat or Sun?

12. DrLewall

Oddometer:
  13. TroyWolf

TroyWolf Student in the art of less

Oddometer:
    Are you ready for the Kansas City Invasion?!

Fellow ADVers, an invite and heads-up! A group of perhaps 9 or so riders will be on a 3 day adventure in NW AR this Fri - Sun (Oct 5,6,7). This is a "dualsport" although the routes will include sections of ATV trail and other gnarly bits.

You can read the evil plan and see the routes here.
    http://www.rideforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1560

If any of you want to join us for the adventure in your backyard or maybe just a day, let me know!

-Troy
  14. JaiDee

JaiDee Searching

Oddometer:
    Maybe. :ear

-JD
  15. Valentino Magoo

Valentino Magoo Like a speeding slug Supporter

Oddometer:
    yup, LilGreenBooger got it.
  16. andrew.alternate

andrew.alternate n00b

Oddometer:
    So I avoided the whole BB&B deal- don't have anything against it, just not a fan of large crowds. I did finally get my heated grips put on the bike though which have made my mornings much more tolerable. I still can't figure out how I see these guys in the mornings not even wearing gloves- I'm just not that tough.

I do keep seeing a guy on a blue sport tourer on my way in on Hwy 102- BMW I think? Think I saw an ADV sticker on his side case- didn't know if that was one of you gents or not.
  17. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    Had a good time getting away from BBBQ over at Erbie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Talked to a few ADVriders Saturday afternoon as they came into Erbie from Compton, along the Erbie-Compton Road, CR-19.

It looks better on the map than it is in person! I guess that weren't expecting that long, muddy downhill section!

We were on our horses and heading to the Cecil Creek trailhead, so I didn't take time to ask names. Anyone here?

Someone on a Versys cruised the horse camp on Sunday Morning.

Did about seven miles of riding on Saturday afternoon. Seventeen miles on Sunday.

The roads were clear of pirates by the time we departed Erbie at 7pm last night...
  18. tcourdin

tcourdin Resident Spooner

Oddometer:
    What a long great week/weekend. We rode around everyday and had a hoot. Had a blast with RJHarris and Red Bud.

I gotta give props to Doc and ADV Twitter. We were in Rogers Friday afternoon and I got a voicemail, it was Red Bud and as he was riding here from Memphis his bike quit on him near Fallsville/Oark. He had no cell service and had been riding in rain most of the way. Luckily 3 guys came past and helped him, and let him use their phone to call me. My phone battery was just about dead so I had time to type in a tweet and the phone number and for Doc to see what he could do, it worked great! Thanks for calling him Doc.

Anyway, turns out he had lost his fuel cap vent hose, so when he was riding in the rain it filled his gas with water! He drained all of it out and the people gave him a few cups of gas and he was on his way.

He left yesterday at about noon and headed back for Memphis, poor guy got hammered by rain the whole way it looked like! Sounds like he had a very long day in the saddle.
  19. NateLePain

NateLePain The Illegitimate Painter

Oddometer:
    Are there trails around Shores Lake where my son could ride his Honda dirt bike, legally?

Thx... nlp
  20. TroyWolf

TroyWolf Student in the art of less

Oddometer:
    There used to be. All the off-road trails I know close to Shores Lake are now posted with NO MOTORIZED ACCESS and "ROAD CLOSED" signs. Used to love riding Hurricane Creek North from Shores Lake.

Define "around Shores Lake". How close do you require?