North American Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Blinkerfluid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. V8

V8 .

Oddometer:
  2. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    :becca:kboom

Shoulda done a bit more due diligence. My planned drop turned out to be a no go. I didn't realize it had daily hours and was gated and locked at night. I thought I'd place it somewhere outside the gates but the area was heavily populated, with lots of prying eyes and one guy walking around asking for "a couple bucks to help [him] get home". So this, as it turns out, is not a drop, just a ride report...

After some fresh ink, Egghead was ready to hit the road:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had planned on dropping it at the Dr. Seuss Sculpture Garden in Springfield, MA. We probably should have taken this as a warning when we passed it on the way:

[​IMG]

We had a great ride down on back roads and the garden was great:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Theodore Seuss Geisel himself pondered which book he would recommend to our travelling companion:

[​IMG]

Definitely not this one:

[​IMG]

The answer was eminently obvious:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There's free parking and it's free to walk around the quadrangle where the sculptures are. So the KLR was perfect in the parking lot. :lol3

[​IMG]

This was going to be the tag shot, until I decided it was too risky to leave the eggsack behind in the neighborhood.

[​IMG]

Home in the driveway:

[​IMG]

So at least we got the single malt and me and Egghead are gonna kick back with a couple tonight and hope the white stuff doesn't really start flying again tomorrow. New drop soon, pending the weather.

[​IMG]
  3. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
    WOW....that's almost like "brucing yourself"!!!! ^^^ :rofl
  4. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    Hadn't thought of it that way, but maybe I better get the lotion. :lol3

I just didn't want to be the guy that dropped the egg into the hands of a crack head. Eggs and crack don't mix.
  5. 42

42 Bokononist

Oddometer:
    That's how the egg came into existence. The last tag mascot got stole in Coney Island.
    Then I gave birth to the egg. :lol3
  6. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by EvilClown
    GUY!
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by shrineclown
    MAN!
    Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by NewEnglander
    BRO!
    :clap :clap :clap

:lol3

The man, the legend:

[​IMG]

Nice work, dood!:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
  7. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    Eggsactly why I didn't want a repeat.
  8. YRU

YRU Hear today, deaf tomorrow Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dear Guymanpro
    Love the egg education and the life experiences. Just a thought though, why don't you drop the egg off at some place (very south, say Maryland) where it can learn to be a MAN!
    Just a thought Guymanbro.
    BTW. Really like the beard cut.:beer

yrunotriding
  9. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    First the egg must pass the test to become a guy. Then he can move on to being a man. And finally he will learn to be a true bro. :deal

I am not likely to make it as far south as Maryland this time around, but the drop location has been determined and the pursuance of said drop will begin before the weekend has arrived. :wink:

I almost dropped him on my ride home in a couple of different spots but none seemed worthy of an international treasure such as Egghead. And he really wanted some single malt.
  10. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    according to the master list on the usb drive... :deal

The money shot:

[​IMG]

Reference angles. :evil

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now look in the direction the bike is pointing and you will see these hysterical, err, historical markers:

[​IMG]

Go to the one on the right hand/east side of the road and look in the shrubbery (whilst saying "Ni").:

[​IMG]

See the rotten log under there? Look behind it and you will find that which you seek.

[​IMG]

I figured a drop close to three different state lines would be suitable for the Egghead! And Drive-In theaters are fookin kuhl! :freaky

Game ON!!!!!!
  11. Wingfixer

Wingfixer Watch this... Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. wavygravy

wavygravy Stupid Hurts

Oddometer:
    :clapNice sequence bro!:clap
  13. AndyCap

AndyCap Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer:
    Nice one GMB! It's good to see the egg still living life large. Alcohol, and women'z - That's the life.

I would have sworn someone would have grabbed the egg today. It's a bit of a ride for me, but I would have. Although, my liquor cabinet is still on the mend from the last visit.
  14. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    It's less than 70 miles, dood.:scratch

I know it's been a long winter and all but...

:lol3
  15. AndyCap

AndyCap Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer:
    Well, I did say bit. Listen, I was just trying to talk myself out of it, and you aren't helping. I know how it works, unless it is a bitterly cold rainy November work night, I am going to get Bruced on this. :cry
  16. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:
  17. Flashback

Flashback Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer:
    Wow. :snore

What happened to all the riders in New England? You all still hibernating. I know you all don't like to ride in bad weather but it's spring and you can't all be afraid of a little road time. Can you feel the ribbing??? :wink: 70 miles is a joy ride on the way home from work down here in the south so someone pick this up, drop it off down here, and let us confederate riders show you how to move a tag. :lol3

Just poking fun :amazon

Seriously though, after Guymanbros great tag it is kind of depressing to see the egg sit like it is.

:cry
  18. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    I guess I should have held onto it a little longer. Could have taken a longer ride this weekend and I might be heading south on Monday. Is it really the fear of the Bruce that keeps people away?

C'mon you buncha panty-waisted (which is far different than panty-wasted), pansy eatin', self lickin', crotch sniffing mongrels - Get Out There and RIDE!!! :dllama
  19. George 99

George 99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I always like Moto Mac's description: "A bunch of desk bound computer jockies!" <ducking> :rofl
  20. Patrick46

Patrick46 visionary

Oddometer:

yeah...well be careful if THAT guy gets his hands on the EGG again.

No tellin' WHERE it'll end up!!! :deal :1drink :norton