Evil Black Rifles and tacticool hotness

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by CodyY, Sep 17, 2012.

1. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    I wasn't aware that all of those weapons were DAO (double action only). I never owned a Glock, because they don't fit my hand well. That makes me doubt the competence of that accidental misfire LEO even more, since DAO pistols require a significant trigger stroke before discharge. I can see accidentally touching the trigger in a dark theater if he was being careless, but grabbing the gun in a firing grip hard enough to move the trigger half an inch is beyond careless. He is a correctional officer at a local prison, so I doubt his weapon is part of his daily routine.

It is disconcerting how many people put their finger straight on the trigger when shouldering a rifle. I work with kids, and we shoot BB guns with hair triggers. No matter how many times I tell them to keep off the trigger, 2 out of 10 will fire a BB before they even look through the peep sights (I'm standing right there, so the BB hits near the target at least). Ready or not, that was their turn shooting, so their actions do have consequences. I always compliment the kids that keep their finger straight until they are on target.
    Tammy likes this.
  2. Juanjo_NY

Juanjo_NY Made in Argentina

Oddometer:
    Mossberg 590A1 Shotgun & Smith&Wesson Bayonet.
    Duo Dinamico!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. PMC

PMC riding rider

Oddometer:
    Very cool
    I've been oggling a Saiga 12 for a while but will probably end up with a mossberg 5xx but really need a good safe to keep everything in first.
  4. Juanjo_NY

Juanjo_NY Made in Argentina

Oddometer:

IMO is more enjoyable to have some involvement putting the next round in the chamber of your gun than letting a Semi-Auto do the job for you.. Go for a Mossberg 5xx, you'll love it! :thumb
  5. jtb

jtb Long timer

Oddometer:
    If trigger is not pulled... firearm won't go bang.

:hide

:D
  6. Dudley

Dudley Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for a 9mm carbine. They seem to be scarcer then hens teeth. I'm looking at CMMG, Coltand ?? Any ideas...
    Dudley
  7. JamesG

JamesG Rabid Poster

Oddometer:
    What's a nice camping knife doing on the end of that shotgun?
  8. Tripl Nikl

Tripl Nikl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Something like these?

Double Diamond Glock magzine-specific AR15 lower: http://www.riflegear.com/p-1647-double-diamond-ar-15-9mm-glock-magazine-lower-receiver.aspx

Double Diamond Colt mag-specfic AR15 lower: http://shop.doublediamondsupply.com/AR15-9mm-Lower-Receiver-DDAR9L.htm (Note, C-Products is Colt's OEM mag supplier now and their mags are cheaper direct as C-Products than as Colt)

Or, the Lone Wolf version of a Glock mag AR: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/products.aspx?cat=288

They seem to sell pretty quickly, so if they're in stock and you really want one, I'd place the order. If Washington state had legal SBRs I'd be really interested in a SBR 9mm carbine. We can't have 'em, not yet anyway, so that cuts into my interest in a pistol round in a rifle-sized platform.

I'd build something like this in a second once/if SBRs are legal in WA:
    [​IMG]
  9. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:
    ... and then there is the Ruger SR series (9mm and .40 in standard and compact format) which has a striker that is half-cocked when loaded, it has a trigger safety, thumb safety that prevents the gun from being racked when it is on, and even a magazine safety - the gun can not fire without a magazine present. It also has a very prominent loaded indicator. This gun is so "safe" that it is dangerous with all the stuff added.

Nice pistol though...

10. Dudley

Dudley Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    YES, This is what I want. I don't know if I can get a SBR in MN.

I own a Ruger SR9c and I love it. Great trigger and accurate.

Dudley
  11. PMC

PMC riding rider

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't be a problem in MN, just can't run it suppressed.
  12. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    The more we have these "safety" discussions the more I like my H&K P7... :nod
  13. RuggedExposure

RuggedExposure Now with more rugged

Oddometer:

If you create a gun trust you might be able to get around having the Sheriff sign off on your Form 1/4.
  14. clevishook

clevishook stevedore

Oddometer:
    Look at Keltec. They have a nice 9 carbine. I believe it was posted on this thread earlier.
  15. RuggedExposure

RuggedExposure Now with more rugged

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Full auto Colt M4 slung over my back, welding on the international boundary.
  16. RonS

RonS Out there...

Oddometer:
    Beretta CX4 storm with the 92 mag adapter parts and 30 round mags. Just picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Nice little Carbine.
  17. RedRocker

RedRocker Native Texican Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been kicking around the idea of getting one of those. What is this 92 mag adapter you speak of?
  18. Chuck289

Chuck289 Air cooled

Oddometer:

Oh snap!
  19. RonS

RonS Out there...

Oddometer:
    The CX4 (carbine) in 9mm will take the PX4 (pistol) mags or the model 92 (FS and other variants) mags. It's just a matter of swapping the plastic insert in the mag well and the plastic mag release button. Takes about 5 minutes to do it. The advantage of the 92 mags is that you can get 30 round mags. I really wanted the .45 version but they are unobtainium as are hi-cap mags for it.
  20. rifflebox

rifflebox Yee Haw!

Oddometer:
    There is the Ruger PC9 and the .40 cal. version the PC 4. I have the PC 4 and is is very compact, if somewhat heavy. Uses Ruger handgun clips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Police_Carbine