Usa Tor

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by RC Pilot, May 3, 2010.

1. David R

David R I been called a Nut Job..

Oddometer:
    YES, chuckracer picked him or her up in Vermont. My plan was to take him to the ocean, but. Only I made it there.

I welded chuckracers "boyz" to nutzy. He didn't sign the nut, but sure left his mark.

David

Edit: in 1979, I got a ticket for driving my VW beetle on the sidewalk while going to SUNY At Canton. Thanks for the memories and thanks to my son for taking the pics today.
  2. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    I'm eager to please.:D
  3. RC Pilot

RC Pilot I am not anti social. I am selectively social! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you, will update pg one.
  4. ST-Ranger

ST-Ranger ALL About the ride there!

Oddometer:
    The Nut (or is that nuts) and I are on the move. I will post photos in a while, as soon as I can get them uploaded, and tell more of the story.
  5. ST-Ranger

Oddometer:
    OK, here are some photos to show that I was there and now the nut is with me...

[​IMG]

Looks like the right place.

[​IMG]

And yes it is still there.

[​IMG]

I'm guessing this is the TAG photo (the only shot with his bike in it).

[​IMG]

Could not park in the same location, there was a guy there working on the grounds around the sign. So I thought that this would work.
  6. David R

Oddometer:
    Thanks for picking it (them?) up.

My son took the shot of the college entrance. I drove on the sidewalk and do not expect anyone else to.

David
  7. ST-Ranger

Oddometer:
    I was making another trip to New England on my motorcycle and I saw that the USA - TOR might be along the way if I just went a little further north. So I set my sights on doing just that on my way up. I would pick it up and take it up to Maine, maybe to the wire bridge in New Portland, and leave it there. But as I got up Friday morning, on my way up, I found that it was on the move again and I would not get the chance to snag the TAG there.

So after my visit with friends and family, I was ready to make the trip home, but first just where did the TAG move too? YES!!! It looked like it was up and in a location that I could swing by to grab. So Tuesday morning I head out and go west to the location and it was still there. I get my photos and stop at a Subway in town for a bite and find some students in there on laptops. So I go back out to the bike and grab the net-book, but as I come by and ask them about hooking up, it seems it was one of them hosting the other three and they were on their way out. Missed that chance to post, so I just got on my way down the road.

Couple of stops along the way, that I got the camera out, that I got some photos of the Nut.

I'm guessing this must be a family name "Sheetz" can't see naming my gas station / convenience store this. But here we are at one of many gas stops along the way. (Nut on the Bar)

[​IMG]

On down the road we stop and say hi to Phil or at least a few of his friends. It seems that Phil only gets out here once a year. (Nut on the nose)

[​IMG]

Seems to be a lot of these around town, they must really like this guy here... (Nut on the thumb)

[​IMG]

After a long ride home, the first location I'm ready for is the pool and so is the nut. Not sure he is ready for the deep end yet, but he thinks about it.

[​IMG]

AWH!!! This is the way to do it, noodle chair, and float away the miles.

[​IMG]

So lets see: Thumb Nut, Bar Nut, Nose Nut, Board Nut, Noodle Nut, or is that just Nuts?

[​IMG]

As you can see the nut has grown a pair or is the added two for the road?

I'm still working out a location, but I have one in mind and we will see if it will work tonight after work. Stay tuned folks.
  8. ST-Ranger

Oddometer:
    I had not planned on bring the TAG back to home, so I had not thought about where to take it once I got here. So I got kind of lazy, but I'm thinking this is still a good spot to visit and show something about the state at the same time.

As we get here, to the parking lot, you see just how big this thing is.

[​IMG]

As we look up and down the base for a good place to hang out, for awhile, we don't find anyplace that offers enough protection from way to many onlookers.

So we back off to the parking lot again.

[​IMG]

And this is a nice view of everything, but still to many people might walk by and find the nut...

So we venture out to the far, north west corner of the parking lot and find a place to share.

[​IMG]

So if you go to the far end of the parking lot and the first lamp poll that is there. You will find a few nuts hanging out there, but I'm sure a couple of them would like to join you for a ride to someplace new to see and hear about.

[​IMG]

Oh by the way, this was voted the number one attraction in Alabama. I hope that there is enough information for the next rider to find its location.
  9. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Awesome job!! All the way to Alabama...nice!

Tag On! :clap
  10. bpken11

bpken11 Back to the Dirt

Oddometer:
    How many miles did Nutzy go?
  11. David R

Oddometer:
    Thank you for getting him to a warmer place to spend the winter. I was afraid he was going to be stuck at Alfred.

Tag on nutzy...

David
  12. ST-Ranger

Oddometer:
    The one nut went just under 1,000 miles (986 on the odometer), but the other nut went 3,300 miles for this run to Farmington Maine and back for the holiday weekend.
  13. jeep8

jeep8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    tag
    [​IMG]

went for a 130 mile road ride on knobby tires today
  14. jeep8

jeep8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    brought "nutzy" back to Florence Alabama with me, I'm gonna tell you about Col. Yeilding, He flew the blackbird coast to coast in record time, a true adventure ride. Now I just have to wait on my co-pilot to get out of school to get the new tag. Back in a few hours.
  15. jeep8

jeep8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    new tag
    [​IMG]
    This is the "River Heratige Park" in Florence, Alabama. It is near the end of the upcoming Sept. 18th "trail of tears" rememberence motorcycle ride, that has in the past had an estimated 60,000 riders. It is also near Wilson dam, which can be seen in the background of one of the pictures.
    This spot was chosen because it ties into "stRANGER's" theme of space travel. We have two persons with ties to the space program who were raised in Florence.
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  16. jeep8

jeep8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, so where is nutzy
    [​IMG]
    he is resting in the roots of this shade tree
    he has an addition, ROLL TIDE is now painted on his side

[​IMG]
    he is pointing to the resting spot
    [​IMG]
    and in this shot he standing beside nutzy's shade tree
    So if you know someone who will be riding in the trail of tears you should tell them about this
  17. AdvRich

AdvRich Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool!
  18. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I do loves me some dawn patrol!

Now admittedly I got bruced yesterday over at the Space and Rocket Center. Thanks jeep8!

[​IMG]

But since I've got no commitment until Sunday afternoon in Cincinatti and jeep8's implication that he was going to post the new tag soon and only as far away as Florence I decided to wait it out.

Late last night I saw that he had posted up the new tag so I headed over to snatch it then, but security would have nothing of a guy in Hi-Viz stomping around in their woods. (Wonder if it had something to with it being the eve of 9/11?)

So I went back at first light this AM and grabbed it up. Now its ride around some and find a place to lay this thing. Hmmmmmmmm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FIDO :clap :norton
  19. jeep8

jeep8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    good job, I didn't know they had security there at night or I would have mentioned it.
    sorry about the bruceing
    ROLL TIDE ROLL
  20. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well now I don't feel so bad about the brucing I got on Friday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the flag at half staff for Patriot's Day

[​IMG]