New 2012 Honda NC700X 700cc Parallel Twin!

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Two Plugs, Sep 27, 2011.

1. turbodieseli4i6

turbodieseli4i6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't wait to get some warmer temps, and better fuel mileage! When its cold out I tend to ride on the faster side, not counting letting my bike warm up a little.
    Since I'm commuting, I ride with my 55 liter Givi trunk and V35 side cases, that don't help the mpgs. I've rode temps as low as 9 degrees F with the Gerbings keeping me warm for the ride.
    I have wasted a lot of gas by nailing the throttle a stop lights, getting away from cages.
    With the temps this low and my heavy hand, I can accept this fuel mileage as my low.
    I just have a hard time riding slower when My body hurts and I want to go home after 12 hours on the job.
    When the temps raise, I will attempt to beat your 90 mpg.

Here is my pathetic last two fill ups. I keep thinking my mpg will be back in the 70's when it warms up and I can go for a longer ride.
    01/17/13 87 octane Ethanol 3.187@ 2.799 Commuting fast speeds with all luggage and medium CalSci shield. Its been cold and I ride faster in cold temps. Odometer-4987-4803=184/3.187=57.82mpg-
    Trip A-183.9/3.187=57.70 mpg
    GPS-179.09/3.187=56.19mpg

01/17/13 91 octane no Ethanol 3.581 @ 3.449 Commuting fast speeds with all luggage and medium CalSci shield. Temps are a little warmer! Odometer-5200-4987=213/3.581=59.48 mpg
    Trip A-212.7/3.581=59.39 mpg
    GPS-208.57/3.581=58.24 mpg

Here's my best so far, but I was on the Pig Trail on a longer ride.
    10/01/12 Took a 374 mile round trip via the Pig-Trail today. Filled up with 87 octane with ethanol 3.331 gallons Odometer 2421 – 2167 = 254 / 3.331 = 76.25 mpg
    Trip-A 254.4 / 3.331 = 76.37 mpg

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/turbodieseli4i6/nc700x/log
  2. NortwestRider

NortwestRider TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer:
    This is why I'm so excited to get this bike!!,Your LOW is 15mpg's better than my best and I never go over 5,000 rpm's and ride like the grandpa I am !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    if anyone is interested, Honda of Cool Springs in Franklin, TN has a used NC700X manual version on the floor. It has 731 miles on it. Asking price is, IIRC, $6495. I am sure you could get it for a lot less. It looks perfect. I did not talk to anyone about it.

I have no affiliation, just passing it on.
  4. Kart22

Kart22 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ride Report:

Rode the NC from Savannah to Daytona Beach this weekend....

65 MPH
    No drafting
    A little traffic
    I'm 6'3
    Returned 73 MPG US

:freaky
  5. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    Thats great!
  6. lipsee

lipsee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi all This subject has probably been done to death,but here goes ...I have bought Sm Motech /barrkbuster handguards..and have stock honda heated grips..Question is,,, Can I mount the guards using the old bar weights (ie just screwing though the handguard and into the bar),instead of dragging out the honda weight and maybe damageing my heated grips...Like I say,,its been asked before,I just can,t find it....cheers
  7. watrboy

watrboy Been here awhile Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, that works.

[​IMG]

Here is from my Sunday ride with a Pyndon sticker and my skidplate installed

[​IMG]

You can see the Neduro sticker on the back. None of Jonah's stickers left.
  8. Banksy

Banksy Been here awhile

Oddometer:

What make is the skid plate :ear Looks great!
  9. HONDABIKEPRO

HONDABIKEPRO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    your bike looks really nice very clean, thanks for showing off my skid plates, i am making some new add on, to protect the clutch cover and alt cover, will pm you when there done thanks dale :clap
  10. Banksy

Banksy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very nice work Dale! Seen your work on some other forums!

Very nice NC you have been building.

Any plans for any more skidplates? :wink:
  11. watrboy

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I am going to put TKC's on this spring. I have them on my 650L and really like them. Dale, did you put a hugger on yours? I was looking at attaching a rubber mudflap like the dirt bikes use.
  12. Banksy

Banksy Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I've done just that mod to keep the shock clean myself today! :lol3
  13. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    You know it's good to see this rather than another 100Hp you can't use even more of the time.

You can use good MPG 100% of the time.

I can appreciate this kind of engineering just as much as the 200Hp per CC unobtainium piston stuff.

The best thing about this stuff is it's cheap to buy, cheap to run and probably lasts a long time as well. Not only that but Honda seem to have a sales success with this bike as well. All good.

Just imagine if a MPG war broke out. :lol3
  14. HONDABIKEPRO

HONDABIKEPRO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i have not put on a hugger, not sure it would work with knobby s may hit the tires??? i am trying to make a guard that would keep the dirt off the shock but have not finished it,, still trying to finish skid plate for nc700dct models.
  15. HONDABIKEPRO

HONDABIKEPRO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    lets see some pic dale
  16. lipsee

lipsee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="dg-bbcode dg-bbcode-quote"> Originally Posted by lipsee [​IMG]
    Hi all This subject has probably been done to death,but here goes ...I have bought Sm Motech /barrkbuster handguards..and have stock honda heated grips..Question is,,, Can I mount the guards using the old bar weights (ie just screwing though the handguard and into the bar),instead of dragging out the honda weight and maybe damageing my heated grips...Like I say,,its been asked before,I just can,t find it....cheers
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    Yes, that works.

Thanks for the info ,,,Wicked bike you have there!!!!! Your boxes look particularly solid,and the bash plate looks the business,,,but the question is are you really going off road,,,,or do you just want the off road LOOK !!!!!
  17. bumpathump

bumpathump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi -

> Here is from my Sunday ride with a Pyndon sticker and my skidplate installed.

Very nice work.

I read on Ridermagazine.com that the NC700X (DCT?) weighs 545 pounds wet. With your racks and bags, what does your bike weigh?

Thanks.

Rick
  18. HONDABIKEPRO

HONDABIKEPRO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    here is a pic of my off road nc700xx
    [​IMG]
  19. watrboy

Oddometer:
    HONDABIKEPRO has proven the bikes can do the job if needed. I travel enough two tracks to need the tires and the skidplate. On long extended off road trips, I will use my XR650. The NC provides me with a bike that is comfortable to ride on the pavement, gravel and a two track. Serious trails will require a better tool.
  20. rowdymoose

rowdymoose Carpe Diem-seize the carp

Oddometer:
    Could you provide some details as to what mods you've done to your bike? Is that the honda light bar? What engine guard is that? Are those TKC80's? What skid plate is that?

Would be nice to have all this in one master list/entry, as I assume you'll be asked these questions as you post more and more pics in the future.

Thanks!

PS--good looking Jeep too!