Harley Riders Sign In With Pic

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by sfarson, Nov 13, 2004.

1. sfarson

sfarson On a Ride

Oddometer:
    sstodvictory... Looks like you might have one of the early or first Victory's. Was this the first or second year of production? Yes, hang on to this ride!
  2. dm_gsxr

dm_gsxr Weirdo Freak

Oddometer:
    I dunno. I had one before I got the FXSTI and really prefer the Softail. I think the main reason was the forward controls. I was hooked 17 years ago when I first got on a Softail. I'm not much of a fan of windscreens although I like the one on the Suzuki. Lets me duck down when I've upped the speed a tad :-)

I have a minor project that needs to be done but I'm going to try and head up into the mountains tomorrow on the Harley. I'll capture some pics :-)

Carl
  3. sstodvictory

sstodvictory Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Second year. In '00 they changed the subframe, different Fox shock (later switched to the '99 shock in a recall), redesigned the airbox (more power), different primary case cover, lowered the shifter lever fulcrum point, a few internal changes. They made small changes mid-run throughout '99 and '00.

This unit was the design platform for Mustang seats, and Champion took their gray color match from my gas tank. There's a '99 V92C with over 150,000 miles on it now.

http://www.roadkillonline.net/

Steve
  4. lockbody

lockbody Lurker extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    Hey a Victory. Finally a thread I can post on!

Here's my '04 Victory Touring Cruiser. A wonderful platform for the wife and me for a two week trip out west this past summer.

Mustang did that saddle right, too. Got the wife to pull 500 - 600 miles a day with nary a complaint.

[​IMG]
  5. JDT

JDT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sfarson, that is some beautiful countryside. I always love it when I get to go to Colorado on business because of the mountains.

I was born in Denver, lived in Ft Collins, but left at a very early, early age. Don't remember any of it.
  6. eoR

eoR Thanks For Noticing Me

Oddometer:
    It's not as comfortable as a Road King but I prefer the mid controls and higher ground clearance of the Superglides. I feel very fortunate to have quick access to some fantastic riding nearby...both paved and unpaved.

Here's the wife's bike....

[​IMG]
    Scoozi likes this.
  7. Fireball

Fireball Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Oddometer:
    Here's my Super Glide...stuffed for a road trip...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. lockbody

Oddometer:
    Toad,
    Although not under this name, I'm on TheVMC also, and hated to see Mr B. sell his TC. My wife was very comfortable on the back of mine this summer, but to each their own. I hope he puts many pleasurable miles on that GL.

Bob
  9. Ultrafirebike

Ultrafirebike Flaccid Member

Oddometer:
    I've been working diligently on the MTF calendar until a few days ago...so when I saw the Sfarson...I knew what I'd find. You've got about 4 or 5 pictures in the calendar, so I hope you ordered a few. I love the pics of your driveway. I suppose I can post a pic of my HD. I have a GSA and then there's this:
    [​IMG]

It's an '02 and I tend to ride it often, well as often as you can with 2 bikes. There's almost 45,000 on the odometer, with a few hundred aweeks still being added. I ride the GS to work and long distance events, but the HD on Sunday. During the winter it's for Polar Bear rides. Be seeing you on the road :thumb
  10. sfarson

sfarson On a Ride

Oddometer:
    Gregg,

Nice Fire Bike ride. Always like it when I see one of these special bikes around. It is also a great complement to the GSA.

Haven't been very active with MTF nor have I submitted a photo since Jan of this year. Maybe I should reconnect with the group!

Steve
  11. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy All,

I am down to two Hogs in my stable, Here's my Road King Classic,
    [​IMG]

here's my Rat Shovelhead,
    [​IMG]

I'v been ridng Hogs since 1961, and will have at least one till the day I die :thumb
  12. Ultrafirebike

Ultrafirebike Flaccid Member

Oddometer:
    it m,ight be a good idea to go

here and order a few calendars. I now you are the January cover shot.
    [​IMG]
    If you won any other month, or were a runner up, then you are in there definately. If I recall, i put several of your shots in there. They ordered 100 that are being printed now, and 80 were sold as of Saturday....so if you want a few, better order them now.
  13. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    Hey, Lockbody!

Cool, cool bike! :thumb

I've been looking at Victory's (and at Harley's, and at ...) :lol3 But I don't know anything about what owners are saying about 'em. Yeah, I can read the spec sheet, and I drool whenever I see that motor and the lines on that bike!

But what are folks saying? Reliability? Comfort? Victory came out with a new model with a 6 speed tranny; said some customers thought the 5 speed reved too highly on the highway. True? Is there a website anywhere where Victory folks get together?

Thanks for posting!
  14. eoR

eoR Thanks For Noticing Me

Oddometer:
  15. sfarson

sfarson On a Ride

Oddometer:
    Mr. Cob,

Nice combination of Milwaukee Iron. Bet you don't see many like your Shovelhead! Sweet.
  16. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howdy Sfarson,

I bought that Shovel-head brand new in May of 1982. It started life as a FXWG, it has been everything from a full on custom complete with turbo-charger, to a an all around everyday rider and cross-country tourer.

It's present form as a Rat, came about when I sold off all the fancy parts and just bolted on all my junk stuff and brush painted it OD green. Back when I was still running the turbo and had it set up with a suicide clutch along with the open primary drive, a guy looked at it and said, "That is one highly dangerous machine." When I turned it into a Rat, I painted "Highly Dangerous" on the tank, most folks get a kick out of that :lol3

There are more photos of the Rat here,

https://mr-cob.smugmug.com/gallery/5939

The wife rides a 1994 Heritage Classic, one of these days I get around to getting a photo of it :nod
  17. GaelicDog

GaelicDog Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]Day 10 of a 6500 miler back in 2001, Red Rocks Ampitheater
  18. sfarson

sfarson On a Ride

Oddometer:
    GaelicDog,

Now that looks like the bike to go 6500 miles on! Perhaps this image will bring back a memory...

[​IMG]
  19. lockbody

Oddometer:
    Sorry to take so long to reply, but having a new five week old has cut down my internet time slightly.

Anyhoo, I love my TC. I was looking for a bike to carry the wife and myself across the country and while I had never heard of Victory, the drummer in my band was a mechanic at the local dealer and told me I really needed to have a look and take a test ride. I also have a R1100RS, so I didn't really want a RT, a Road King that I would like would probably cost me more than I could spend, and I'm not ready for a Wang yet, so I thought "What the hell?" After the test ride I called my credit union.

The bike's not perfect, of course. Stock seat, like many other's, sucks. Tranny, while loads better than the first couple of years of production, makes BMW's seem japanese like smooth. And Victory really needs to work on their fork valving. Sharp edge bumps are really harsh.

But...

FI is spot on. Especially with the stage I kit. Stage I kit and exhaust aren't too loud either. YMMV. Brakes are Brembos and stroonnng.

Good lighting. Not Hellas, but not bad.

We ran 70 - 90mph and never thought the revs were uncomfortably high, but a member of the VMC does make an overdrive pulley that lowers the revs a hair. I wouldn't throw the six-speed out of the bed, though.

As far as seats go, most people ar split between Corbin and Mustang. I got the Mustang, and we put, on average, 500-600 miles a day on the bike. I may have put more on if I had been by myself, but the preggo set the days. :lol3 Russell has started to make a seat for the TC and I imagine thats the one I would get if I was buying today.

I would warn you about buying with resale in mind. I put out feelers after we got back, as I've got a lot of payments to go with a brand new baby, and did not get any offer near what you would've expected on a 7 month old bike. Oh well, I didn't buy it to sell either.

Why don't you go test ride one? :wink:
  20. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Lockbody for the detailed response. I just might test drive one. :evil

But we're also looking at a Dyna Lowrider. Hmmm.