Why are most men so emasculated?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Disco Stu, Oct 15, 2012.

1. concours

concours WFO for 50 years

Oddometer:
    LOL, "pussy bike", must be repeating wht his village people idol buds have muttered. Asshats. :asshat A good friend mentioned a proverb "there are no 40 year old orphans" Translated, you have control of your destiny, no matter how much adversity you've encountered. Good job to NOT let your father's ignorant comments hold you back/drag you down. That being said, try to have SOME type of relationship with him, no matter how small/shallow, etc. You may/can help him grow somehow.. That's it for my unsolicited advice. Good luck brother:freaky
  2. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    Thanks man. I've taken 'breaks' from him in the past (and he knew full well why - same negativity), and begged him to get help, and talked about it, and, really, ignored a lot of it most of my life.

In fact that 'visit' was somewhere after a good break already.

I agree with your friend's proverb, but nonetheless I don't need to be there for any more of it, and the best I can hope for is that he dwells on the loss enough that he'll at least think about what he's saying when speaking around my brother's young boys.
  3. baloneyskin daddy

baloneyskin daddy bikaholic Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are you sure he's your dad.:roflHe's mad about something!
  4. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ooooh,
    Is yours a hand bag, or a shoulder bag?
    Were you able to find one that matched your riding gear?
    Did you get it on sale?

:lol3
  5. Tom48

Tom48 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have 4 motorcycles. The last one pissed off the wife of 41 years, I don't care about her view. The money came from my motorcycle fund.
    If one allows someone else to run their lives and passions, there is no advice for that condition.
  6. Terrytori

Terrytori Namaste

Oddometer:

I was going to respond to this thread but this pretty much articulates all that I would have said... and perhaps, more succinctly.
  7. Mat

Mat Tosser

Oddometer:
    Tosser can't even cook or uses the kitchen himself? Talk about being emasculated...
  8. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    You also, apparently, need to put the $ sign on the wrong side of the number!:lol3

Jim :brow
  9. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've read through most of this thread, see myself at various points in my life and relationships in some of the stories, and could add a few horror stories of my own. I think I'll save some electrons, though, and just note that Jim absolutely NAILED IT on post #2 above. So Jim, how many marriages have you been through to gain so much wisdom? :lol3 I'm on my third, so I've learned a few things about the ways of women and relationships (#3 tells me the lessons have paid off). Thank you, Dear, you're right of course. :evil

BTW, after two failed marriages, living alone for years, and dating a number of ladies I have found a woman who celebrates me being myself and I celebrate her being herself and it works GREAT! We talk and compromise and things work out very nicely for both of us. We're both very independent but recognize we're stronger together than separately. She's a keeper and she says I am too. We enjoy each others' company but are happy when apart as well. Finally, the partnership we've always wanted :freaky and knew we should have.

Doug
  10. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Hi Doug,

More than one, and more than a couple LTRs. It is the LTRs before marriage that really showed me the right from wrong in a relationship.

Fortunately, like you, I now have a wife that is very complimentary with me. We do our own things, and we do a lot together. We do not tell each other what to do, but we discuss a lot. She or I go shopping when we like and buy what we like, but both of us are mature enough to keep it reasonable, and discuss the big purchasses.

Jim :brow