Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
    I've been learning a lot about DeSoto & Chickasway in MS. Saturday I rode 230 miles & had a great day. The only snag was my fav place to eat closed 20 minutes before I arrived. Oh well, I learned to get there before 1pm.
    Maybe one day some of y'all would like to ride all day with zero sand & plenty of hills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. thmike

thmike n00b

Oddometer:
    I heard about you guys through a guy from work and the guy I bought my 200xcw from. Waiting on taking my MSF course so I can come out and ride the range with you guys if you guys are ok with it. Saw your guys all parked up at speck pond on my way to the mx track sunday.
  3. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Yep that was us... 8 of us riding around the Spec area.

When you get all legaled up give us a shout.
  4. Orange Crushed

Orange Crushed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brett,

Congrats on the new bike. Now you can join the ranks of the orange riders who always comply with all safety regulations, rules, implied, posted or otherwise! I know you will enjoy the bike and yes you will be cheating while riding this bike with someone who is on a KLR! :evil I can say that with confidence since I own both a green and orange bike... :rofl

O.C.
  5. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:

Is this who i think it is?? :evil
  6. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    I dont think this is who I think it is... but it migh be somebody Im not thinking of .... I think...

there's a little Chucklehead in all of us....
  7. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    Thanks OC, hope the KLR rider in me can live with the maintenance schedule.:lol3
  8. Orange Crushed

Oddometer:
    You will do fine with the maintenance because the enjoyment far out weighs the work involved! :deal
  9. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Holy crap Im glad you reminded me.... there was something I was suppose to do????

OH yea! I gotta add gas again....Im only gettin 55+ MPG...

Barney,
    'Hope you enjoy your new ride... not everyone loves these things ya know...
  10. Orange Crushed

Oddometer:
  11. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
  12. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3
    Brett, you knew it was a snake when you picked it up!
  13. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    :nod
  14. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :thumb

I want one too!
  15. thmike

thmike n00b

Oddometer:
    Yep it is. MadMax400 has said a lot of good things about the group of guys that he rides with. I'm still getting the 200 dialed in right now withc jetting. I'm always tinkering with making it suit my style. I took the lights off and went to the mx track and for a xcw it did really good. The track owner couldn't believe that I was screaming that thing. I leave the racing at the track and wanting to ride trails because thats all I grew up doing. Heres a vid for you guys if your bored. The guy I got the bike from said if I come out riding with you guys that I couldn't pass him on his old bike. I'm wanting to come out there to race. Just to ride and see whats out there on the range!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kodm2xaibb0&feature=context-cha
  16. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
    WHAT? :eek1 :huh
  17. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    KTMs wear out tires....

I am amazed at how often KTM riders are changing their tires. I have 1800 miles so far and I have burned thru two rear tires. I will streatch it out another 200 miles but stll...

How many miles are you guys getting ?
  18. reidinitaly

reidinitaly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn, I've had my bike three times as long and only have half the miles... FML!
  19. skid=mark

skid=mark Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike, Looks like the little Katoom is as much at home on the track as it was in the woods!! Nice vid too!! :clap Looks like you owned the track! Glad it is working out for you. I am already thinking I want to go back to a 200...:huh

Yeah, you won't find any of that kinda riding on the Eglin range--except the deep sand. The blackwater area riding has some whoops and water berms that will launch you into orbit if you are game tho! We generally ride a medium pace since we are on jeep trails and logging roads and connecting them with paved and county dirt roads, and the lead rider must be prepared for oncoming traffic at all times, with a lot of blind curves thrown in for good measure.

We rode 45 miles the last outing at Speck Pond, and 65 the last time at Blackwater. We generally don't do a lot of passing on the ride to minimize the "race"/testosterone mode and keep the injuries and speeds down as well.

and yes you still are not allowed to pass me!
  20. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:
    did not know you needed to change tires on a KTM, so much power I never really notice... :huh