I could not resist... 950 Super Enduro's Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Jolly705, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Patacca

Patacca Pimp my SE italian style

Oddometer:

....let's talk about serious things....

is that a wonderful, private, exlusive set up (your new suspension mod) or is it something you want to share (even sell few pieces) with other disciples?!?! :evil
  2. T O Double D

T O Double D Pogue Mahone

Oddometer:
    Geez you guys talk too much! Here's some pics from the Black Rock Desert a couple days ago during a 2000 mile loop through Nevada, Oregon, and Idaho...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for getting us back on track. Nice photos. :thumb
  4. Wyobrew

Wyobrew Missed it by that mu

Oddometer:
    Last week in the Snowy Range of Wyoming, compliments to Geek.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. metal

metal President of FRONJ

Oddometer:
    2010 BITD Vegas o Reno finishline.
    I was in 2nd in Ironman Expert with 100 miles to go when I shredded my rear tire. Long story short it took almost 4 hours to get a spare. I was on pace to finish during daylight. Instead had to put the light on and race at night with the trucks.

[​IMG]
  6. PowerCell

PowerCell Manufacture Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:

Hey Sanjay, what's new. We need to hit the desert sometime soon. Got a 4 day in Baja in early November if you're up for it.
  7. metal

metal President of FRONJ

Oddometer:
    Pit. Filling both tanks. This was before my Neduro tank broke.

[​IMG]
  8. metal

metal President of FRONJ

Oddometer:
    Ken,

Keep me in the loop. I'm racing the 1000, so as long as I am not behind on prepping my race bike and what not I'm down. If you have any details, shoot me a PM.
  9. PowerCell

Oddometer:

I'll add you and Soto to the list...
  10. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Metal. You look a Bit "Zombied" in that finish line shot
  11. dino2000

dino2000 No Bad Daze

Oddometer:
    Any more info on this? Just bought one. Anything I can do to prevent the breakage? Thanks in advance, Dino
  12. metal

metal President of FRONJ

Oddometer:
    I swapped my goggles to a set with clear lenses at my last pit. Unfortunately they were old with bad foam. The silt and trucks made for some bloodshot eyes and a bit of a zombie look.

[​IMG]
  13. PowerCell

Oddometer:

Dude, you look a 100 years old... :lol3 How did you do in the 250?
  14. metal

metal President of FRONJ

Oddometer:
    Dino,
    It was mounted correctly, so I was pretty bummed it happened. I think the mounting system isn't stiff enough side to side. I think what happened was that I hit a series of pretty hard G-outs and the tank swun in just enough to hit my chain.

[​IMG]

The 2 inserts that go into the tank ripped out and the metal bracket got badly bent/mangled. I'm not sure what order this all happened.

[​IMG]

The tank was pretty much full at the time, so I think the weight helped it swing inwards. I smelled the gas first and looked down and saw the problem. Luckily I was close to a pit and was able to ride back to the last pit before my chase guys were gone.
    Out pit strategy was gone now as I would have to pit where we were originally just going to skip or do ride-bys.
  15. metal

metal President of FRONJ

Oddometer:
    I assume you're talking about the Parker 250. It is the only other time I raced the SE. I did OK. It just wasn't a good race for the SE. The course was an 80 mile loop and the bike only did well on about 15 miles of it. The course started out with about 20 miles of deep gravel whoops. It ended with a long section of deep, rutted out, rocky whoops. Not sure a 450lbs bike with stock suspension was meant to plane over these type of whoops. I really wish I had my 525.
  16. T O Double D

Oddometer:
    Metal you aren't the first person this has happend to. Mine ripped out as well as a buddy's. I've since slowed down and don't ride my SE like it's my 525. I'm hoping this will fix the problem, but I realize not everyone wants to do that with the SE...
  17. metal

metal President of FRONJ

Oddometer:
    Were you and you buddy able to fix your tank? My tank has a small crack in it and I'm not sure where one of my brass inserts went that the bracket attaches to. Does anyone know if this material can be plastic welded back together?
    Right now I don't see myself doing any races on the SE anytime soon, but it would be nice to be able to do longer rides and not have to back off when the going gets rough.
  18. dino2000

dino2000 No Bad Daze

Oddometer:
    Thanks Metal, I'll take a close look at it before I install to see if there is anything that can be done to shore it up.
  19. T O Double D

Oddometer:
    I contacted Ned and got a new for $150. Something I forgot to mention with mine is that I didn't have the middle bracket installed the whole time. I did ride it improperly mounted for a bit. My friend however had his mounted correctly the whole time and even had pannier racks that protected the tank from tip overs.

My buddy's tank was sucked into the chain and wheel and like yours has a hole in it. Mine did not have this occur. The bolts just came out. We both just got new ones and are slowing the pace a bit. We had done the LA2B2V keeping pace with most of the 450s, etc... so we aren't exactly slow riders, but it looks like your even faster. Maybe get the huge Safari tank?

Oh yeah, we also have a fabricator friend that is trying to find a way to brace our tanks at the bottom. He thinks he's got a good idea for it and I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

Oh, and to keep on topic here's a water craossing out in the Owhyee area...

[​IMG]
  20. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is that white powder under your nose. :D