Got a cool watch? Let's see it.

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Jungle Jim, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Censport

Censport Vendor

Oddometer:
    Hope everything goes well and he recovers fully.

(Nice looking Seiko, too.)
  2. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    You cannot ask for any more than that - I am very fond of people who are kind to my family :thumb

Best of luck to him.
  3. Gham

Gham tritagonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's a nice watch and looks much better in person,I just can't seem to get a shot that does it justice and thanks for the well wishes
  4. Gham

Gham tritagonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I commited a typo,it's 44 years of taking care of my sister,he's been hanging around since I was 8 years old.I too am very fond of those who look out for my family!:clap
  5. 10/10ths

10/10ths Road Trip Fool Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. Censport

Censport Vendor

Oddometer:
    That's seriously cool. I could never wear one, as my wrist makes my 44mm Invicta look like a grandfather clock, but now I'm seriously tempted to make a Nixie clock for the house.
  7. 10/10ths

10/10ths Road Trip Fool Supporter

Oddometer:
    ...well, I have skinny wrists, also, and the Nixie Watch, while obviously big, is just big enough to get everyone's notice, but is not a bother to actually wear.

The case is aluminum, and the inside is actually mostly air. The tubes are hollow, obviously, the battery is lithium, super light, and there is a tiny circuit board. The whole thing weighs just a couple ounces.

I'm in the car business and have a pilot's license, so wearing a big watch is part of the uniform. I'm used to wearing 48mm chronographs, so while the Nixie Watch is much bigger than those, it is lighter than even my Tag Heuer titanium, limited edition, Carrera Day/Date.

I'm on the road, I'll get some photos up this weekend.
  8. BillsR100

BillsR100 Happy Paleoflatus

Oddometer:
  9. Manuel Garcia O'Kely

Manuel Garcia O'Kely Back at last

Oddometer:
    There is another version of the nixie that is an 'end view' if you will, and i've seen a watch based on that tube as well, although it was in a much less sophsticated case and was, I believe, a one-off.

I have a nice nixie tube clock in my office, I bought a commercial production one from Germany for a couple hundred bucks.

My dad had a calculator with a nixie tube display that was THE coolest ever, and I wish I had it.
  10. Censport

Censport Vendor

Oddometer:
    My wrist is 52mm across, so a 55mm Nixie would be silly. It's all I can do to get my shirtsleeve over the Invicta (shown below). Usually, I wear my Jacques Lemans or one of my Seiko automatics.

[​IMG]

I'm in the car business too, and also fly. But I'm in the car repair business (plus own an outdoor gear business linked to in my signature) and fly an ancient 172, so a big watch isn't required. In fact, most of the guys I know wear Timex Expeditions. I still think that Nixie is cool. In fact, I wonder if I could build a Nixie dash clock to go in my ancient Chevy...
  11. ricochetrider

ricochetrider MotoMojo

Oddometer:
    REACTOR watches.

http://www.reactorwatch.com/

here are the two models i own:

http://www.reactorwatch.com/w_meltdown.html model # 72507 black nitride with Yellow face

http://www.reactorwatch.com/w_cm_full.html model # 74603 SS with Blue face-

and they are truly bad ass! unlimited fix-it-if-it-breaks in the first year of ownership.
    mine were both under 400.00- can't recall exactly, may have been under 300.00 (USD)
    check the video- they SHOOT one. a small company making high quality products for folks
    who WILL put 'em under some heavy use.
  12. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the small company aspect. That's one reason I asked my fiance for a Bernhardt for Christmas. :wink:
  13. redsport

redsport Adventure Is Out There Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, did she get it for you? If so, which model? Any pics? I was considering a Binnacle Anchor until they sold out of that one.
  14. Censport

Censport Vendor

Oddometer:
    I can't afford a $5,000 watch, but if I could, this Grand Seiko (SBGR061) would be on my short list.

[​IMG]

As it is, I'm hoping to pick up a blue pilot's chronograph (SND255P1) this year, just for the bling factor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep. A black faced SeaShark, which is an auto. I love it. It's much chunkier than I thought it would be. Sorry, no pics yet.
  16. Hardware02

Hardware02 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Picked this up a couple of months back. It originally came with a rubber strap (I've had bad luck with them on other diver's watches) so I ordered the SS bracelet from Seiko and mounted it up myself.

[​IMG]
  17. Saltbox

Saltbox WTF is this?

Oddometer:
    Since I cant ride my KLR anymore :cry
    I figured I would pick up one of these:
    [​IMG]The KLR 650 Watch...
  18. redsport

Oddometer:

Congrats. I like the looks of that one too. Post a review in a few months so I can decide if I want one for my birthday in March.:wink:
  19. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here's my Sea Shark review and pics. Sea Shark
  20. redsport

Oddometer:

Thanks Jeff.