KLIM Badlands Pro

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by mrt10x, Feb 20, 2011.

1. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:

Maybe the temps are too low where your at but can you comment on the venting of the pants with the zippers open?
  2. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    The primary reason for zipping tops to bottoms is so everything stays together (jacket doesn't ride up/pants don't fall down) in the event you crash. But thanks for pointing this out. I zip my gear together every time I ride which is every day so if its a hassle to zip the gear together that a big downer.
  3. dmaxmike

dmaxmike former quadtard.

Oddometer:
    yep...but man its nice stuff and its dam near imposable to find good stuff made here.
  4. Possu

Possu de-nOObed!

Oddometer:
    Tried both the Latitude and Badlands jackets last weekend at the Dirt Bike Show here in the UK. I'm on the slim side and found the Latitude a reasonable, slightly loose fit in Medium but was disappointed to find that the sleeves lacked thumb loops but an otherwide excellent jacket. Note I was only weaing a T-shirt and a thin fleece.

The Badlands, in the same size, was a tighter but more tailored fit and felt a little tighter across the shoulders and chest. Trying on a Large, I felt very confortable immediately, a far superior jacket IMHO. It also comes with the all important (for me) thumb loops. The internal waist harness is a great innovation.

I'd love a Badlands but need to save my pennies first. The black version looks best BTW.
  5. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    Confused some say the Badlands is roomier than the Latitude and now others saying more tailored? Should have put the Badlands jacket on when we were at Touratech a few weeks ago.
  6. MotrSklz

MotrSklz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Although, I did not try on a latitude jacket, I did try a Badlands on the weekend and it is more of a snug fit than I was expecting for a 2XL. In particular, the arms are quite snug (I only have 18" arms, so anyone with bigger arms :gdog may have some difficulty) which is not necessarily a bad thing as the elbow armor will not move, especially when the arm straps are adjusted.
  7. Mav

Mav Something witty...

Oddometer:
    Anyone know how the sizing compares to the Valdez? Wondering if I can get the same size...
  8. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    edited for two better answers below :rofl
  9. nibby

nibby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For me the sizing is the same. I've got a Valdez in medium, the same for the Badlands.

Badlands obviously feels different when on because of the built in armour but I still have room for more layers if needed.

As above though. No substitute for trying before you buy.
  10. mxbulldog

mxbulldog Braaaap!

Oddometer:
    My XL Badlands is very similar to my XL Valdez. Should be great with a couple of layers underneath and still functional with just a t-shirt as well. The kidney belt really holds the weight nicely and it is a damn nice jacket. The quality is very evident.
  11. Mav

Mav Something witty...

Oddometer:
    Thanks chaps - like nibby, I wear a medium too, which also looks right compared to the size chart (5' 9", 41" chest, 31" waist)

So then the only question is whether to buy this for myself for Christmas... from me, to me :D
  12. Possu

Possu de-nOObed!

Oddometer:
    I've got a Valdez in Large and it's a much looser fit than than a similar size Badlands. I wear the Valdez over my Alpinestars body armour when trailriding, there's no way I wear the Large Badlands over the Alpinestars.
  13. Mav

Mav Something witty...

Oddometer:
    Hey chap :wave

Funny - I would've thought you and I would've been the same size and I have the medium Valdez to wear over BMW bodyarmour :scratch... but then it's been a long time since I've seen you!

Would think the Badlands needs body armour underneath? I was working on the basis it would replace my Rallye and it's internal armour...
  14. Possu

Possu de-nOObed!

Oddometer:
    I'm fine, no change in size, shape or weight, have managed to retain my panther-like physique...... :D

The medium Badlands was a very snug fit over T-shirt and thin fleece but no room for anything else in winter. Large was excellent, the inner harness taking up any slack but still leaving room for additional layers. I could possibly have got away with a Medium Valdez but I've got long arms and I think it would have been a little restrictive in places.

IMO a far superior jacket to the BMW Rallye gear which I've never owned but do have two Savannah jackets which are similar to the Rallye.

BTW I'm trailriding around Lambourn and Aldbourne on Sunday if you fancy coming along?
  15. nibby

nibby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Personally I got one so I did not have to put a pressure suit underneath. I save the pressure suit and Valdez for the snotty stuff.

The built in armour seems very good and covers everything very well if the size is right.

It does feel a little snug when you put it on but I would put this down to the armour and in particular the chest armour which feels a little strange at first but you do feel very well protected. It should soften up over time?

When sitting on the bike it feels perfect. As earlier I am a medium in the Valdez with a base layer and forcefield suit underneath. Never need more than this myself when off road.

I can layer a couple of base layers and fleece with no problem with the Badlands, it doesnt feel too bulky or restrictive.

The length both front and back is perfect.

If it's cold enough to need more than that then i dont think you can beat a base layer and heated jacket.

I tried a large and it felt massive.

It survived a very wet Scotland a few weeks ago without a problem. Very impressed so far.

You really need to try one as everyone is different with different needs etc.

Go on, you know it makes sense :lol3
  16. Mav

Mav Something witty...

Oddometer:
    Possu - thanks for the feedback. Riding on Sunday would be great - trying to juggle some work, I'll drop you a PM later this week if I can make it :thumb

nibby - excuse the personal request, but what are your measurements? I wear a 41" chest and am 5' 9"...

Thinking about taking advantage of being stateside in a couple weeks... You guys are gonna cost me a fortune!
  17. Buster714

Buster714 I'll ride anything

Oddometer:
    +1

I'd like some feedback on warmer use too, but I have a feeling we already know what to expect...

After trying on the Badlands jacket today, it felt like it would be quite warm at low speed during the warmer months but, I wore my Durban jacket all summer and it's just as heavy. I think we can expect a 365 jacket like this to be a little steamy in hot weather but it really does check all the boxes for someone that rides through different climates in short amounts of time. I plan to replace my Astars Durban suit with the Badlands and outfit the Traverse jacket with internal armor for the warmer months. I'm very happy to finally have this gear available after waiting so long. :D

Looking forward to reading more feedback from the field...
  18. Nacho911

Nacho911 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My new Badlands should be at Mountain Motorrad in Canmore this week. Then my BMW Streetguard goes into the Flea Market. Great suit and very waterproof but I fell in love with this Klim suit when I tried it on. Klims going to destroy all others with this unit.
    I think MM will be at the Calgary motorcycle show this January. Great people to deal with

Nacho
  19. nibby

nibby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mav, looks like we are the same size :huh:eek1:lol3
  20. Bob Tosi

Bob Tosi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh God , another piece of gear to lust after.:lol3