World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. mfp4073

mfp4073 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! There are so many things that are not listed either in the tutorial or the key map.........
  2. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    The WoT Wiki is your friend......it would be a good idea to go spend some time reading the Battle Mechanics and Crew sections at the very least.
  3. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    I totally agree, but Maps are much harder to build than tanks.
    Tanks just have to be researched and then plug the values into the model and skin it. Mostly math and tweaking for balance.
    Maps have to be built from scratch and continuously redone,played, and tweaked to ensure they are fair for either side.

They should be able to throw money/people at the map issue though. There are a lot of good map builders out there and they have money to spend.
  4. mfp4073

mfp4073 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have read through a lot. Just couldnt seem to find those anywhere.

Btw, had to brag a little bit here. Had one of the best games ever. Started out in a matilda, slow as hell, so I call out that I will guard the artys (3). Everyone else hauled ass all over the map....then it started. The artys were new and it was city so they were not real effective as 8 tanks came in on us, me and 3 arts all by ourselves. Held off all 8 with 5 kills by myself and lost no arty. They were calling me a hero and was down to %2 health. At one point was slugging it out with 4 enemies at once taking them out one at a time....often with a tread off! Bad ass! :deal

[​IMG]

btw, my screen capture is only showing black for the game portion of the screen....not sure why, so I used my camera on it!

edit, figured it out! For some reason it doesnt copy the screen to a clipboard, it copies it to a screenshot file in the world of tanks program files.
  5. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    done aaaaand done.
  6. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would bet that people would be happy to see some of the old maps come back....there are a few that needed (IMHO) very little to be good maps.

On the other hand they need to give up on known bad maps....Dragon Ridge has now been pulled twice....it is not a good tank map....think in history have you ever read of a battle in an area like that? Quit trying to cater so much to the Chinese market.
  7. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Special is up....

50% discount and 50% credit boost on:
    AMX 105AM
    M5A1 Stuart
    T-50
    Pz 38NA
    Covenanter
    M5 Stuart

50% discount Premium tanks on:
    M22 Locust
    T-15

50% gold and credit discount on:
    Consumables
    Camo

50% gold discount on Barracks slots

2x Crew experience

2000 xp bonus for earning Patrol Duty
  8. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Looks like i won't be playing arty this weekend:deal

However, The Cromwell may get into ramming mode!
  9. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:
    from the other night. 7 kill game on the E-75

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. C.John

C.John Epic Ride Report Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Sigh..1W-10L tonight.. similar this morning also. Some ugly matches/teams today.

Oh well, at least I got a 70mile ride in today, that more than makes up for some failed video game time.
  11. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    +140 mile ride in yesterday, and got to see an old buddy I haven't seen for 15 or 20 years.

I was real tired after my long day, but logged in anyway. We had clan wars last night, but I was ready for bed - and just about there - when I was asked to participate in team training. I agreed, loaded up my T110E5 and went in with an ad-hoc team against what I assume was the lead team that was going to fight the battle.

Came away with a win (in a training room, mind you) and second highest damage at just under 5000 damage only to discover that I had been using Gold rounds for the entire practice (I was so tired that I forgot I had Gold rounds set to load first and automatically on the E5 for clan wars), so I got a meaningless win and a huge bill. :cry :rofl

I gave up and just went to bed after that.
  12. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    My matches yesterday were frustrating. couple wins, vastly outnumbered by losses. I'm not that good, but with a good, relatively cohesive team I can make a decent impact. When a whole flank is left open or with one tank guarding it, I tend to go over there and get wiped out. All in the name of helping out that lone tank :evil

Downloaded War Thunder and tried that. Interesting and in my limited time playing, much more fast paced than WOT with a lot more going on. Might bear further looking into to see what develops.
  13. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    4-2-1 last night.

Sold the Chinese tank and used used free xp to get a KV1s. Transferred my Church crew over and played it a while. I'm running the top 85mm gun/turret/tracks. Not as much fun to play as I figured it would be.

Now, on to video cards! The old system has a PCI-e x16 slot I can use, but it doesn't say if it's a 2.0/2.1/3.0 I assume that I can plug anything in there as long as it's a x16 card?
  14. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    KV-1S gets more fun when you get the 122mm D-2-5T mounted on it.....
  15. Grainbelt

Grainbelt marginal adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes.

I went thru this a month ago trying to run Sim City. Anything PCI-e will work, they just slow themselves down to whatever your chipset will support. I just went to micro center and bought whatever Nvidia based card had a rebate on it. Still does actually. I probably should have spent a bit more, but with the graphics turned all the way down it runs fine, and I need to replace this thing rather than throw money at it.

You do need to check your power supply and see how much you can add - that was a definite limiter for me.
  16. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    It has a 250w supply in it now, but I have a 450w laying around that I think I can swap in. I find I can get a GT630 or 640 series for $60 or so.

I have enough xp to get the 122mm D-2-5T, but I'm a little concerned with the realllly slow reload time. Or is the damage per shot worth it?
  17. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    It's worth it.....the KV-1S is the most used heavy in medium tank companies for a reason. Run a rammer and fans and just do it. :deal
  18. Dysco

Dysco Distracted

Oddometer:
    When does this go live? I couldn't find the T14 deal last night.
  19. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    This one should have gone live at 0730 EDT this morning....and the deal is on the T-15 German light premium (Tier 3), not the T-14 American heavy.
  20. Dysco

Dysco Distracted

Oddometer:
    Heh... totally missed that, thanks!