Sprint Designs (Aus) Rallye jacket

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Brodovitch, Sep 10, 2012.

1. biggles0449

biggles0449 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was looking through the jacket range this morning..noticed some small arrows on the side of the box that displays colour options... there are about 15-20 different designs, in all the colour options.. some really nice designs on there.

Would be nice to see a jacket and try it for size etc..
  2. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Perhaps this thread title should be changed to just RALLY JACKET OPTIONS
  3. schattat

schattat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

As mentioned already, the Sprint jacket is VERY thin in its thickness. There are in fact 2 variations to choose from, a summer and winter fleece. I chose summer, as I would have used it in the hot Desert of the UAE (or similar) again.
    Here some pics I took of it last year:

Mesh rear side (found along the bottom side of the arm sleeves, too):
    [​IMG]

Zip for quick access to your drinking back pack:
    [​IMG]

Looks a little loose (Leatt collor hangs oo low), but only because I wasn't wearing a full body armour suit with arm and elbow protection):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a nice jacket, but definitely no us in rocky terrain, as it will tear easily!
  4. SafariBerg

SafariBerg Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer:
    As Tony has said, these are really a MX jersey with zips, pockets and camel back access, I think they are great, accept the fact they are not long lasting, but are cheap with fully custom graphics...............there is NO other rally jacket as light or cool, for Safari I use 1 maybe 2 depending on the number of gumby incidents :shog but worth every cent to stay cool and in control :clap
  5. auguzt

auguzt get on with it

Oddometer:
    Forgot to mention THIS from Jofama - Halvarssons catalogue. Doesn't cost much and seems pretty good.
  6. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I checked on Pricing for 10,Jackets... Sprint Dakar jackets over $350 ea for Custom team set up

OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  8. Cummo

Cummo Cummomoto

Oddometer:
    The Sprint Design Jacket is definitely a hot weather jacket, however it is more robust than it looks, I beat this one up for 14days and its still in good shape. If you are planning to ride the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt I wouldn't go heavier than sprint designs materials, being cool for 8 hours adds up after a couple of days. The few draw backs are that you don't have so many pockets pockets, which is okay if you have storage on the bike as these days with the rally formats outside Dakar you really only need water & money, the Sat Phone etc....can be stored.

Yes the custom designs cost, but get enough sponsorship and it wont matter!

Attached Files:

9. JayBo1

JayBo1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fancy you popping in and sharing your experience:clap. How ya been mate?
    I wear Sprint Designs stuff ... but on the bicycle:deal. I think for the likes of the Rally's you mention, the Sprint Designs Rally Jacket would be very, very good. For the Australasian Safari, there are too many sticks and bushes out to grab you as you go past. Every year I am amazed at the fact they race cars on the same tracks, as I get swatted by branches on both shoulders ... sometimes at the same time:eek1! But we're talking about stuff that breaks race car windscreens and the material of the SD jackets can't manage that.
  10. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Garry, Tony, Cummo & JayBo: thanks for the testimonials guys :clap

I will be ordering one in the spring to test it out in next year's summer events. Will see how much abuse it can take...

Question to you guys: for days starting in 20 degrees (C) and topping at 30-35 near midday, should I go for the vented version or the normal one?

Also, is it wise to use a 3lt bladder on the back (can the jacket "carry" the extra weight), or does the bladder sleeve only hold 2lt bladders?

The quote I got for the summer version with 4 logo placements (front, back & on each sleeve) was 260 dollar AUS (140 for the jacket and 30 for each logo placement)... about 270US, or 210 euros. Decent enough I guess

cheers
  11. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. rallye

rallye Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These jackets were what i originally got designed by SD, the fit was right and the design was good ,they could'nt get the right material ,and they were not very durable.I ripped a whole sleeve off one of them on the second day of the Dakar 2010,i had 3 with me ,lightweight hotweather ones and a thicker cooler weather jacket .

I am in Salt Lake City and have just recieved today a new jacket ,pants ,jerseys(zip up) toolbag and buff that i got designed by WREX in Canada ,they do absolutely anything you want as far as design and materials.Their materials are second to none and id recomend working with them, they are very good to work with and their attention to detail is something else.
    cheers.
  13. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:

pics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. rallye

rallye Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ill try to get some pics soon,as im a bit short of time right now ,gotta get to the airport.
  15. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Google espionage turned this up:

WREX moto jacket

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but no info on prices and whether the do customised graphics
  16. rallye

rallye Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wrex do customised gear completely ,anything you want ,they don't jusy offer a "rally jacket" ,they work with you right down to the last detail ,pocket size/shape,materials used ,graphics ,armour built in or not ,etc etc.
    they are really good to work with ,but are not cheap. But you get exactly what you want. which is fine by me.
    i'll post some photos when i get back home of the new kit i just got made.
    cheers
  17. rallye

rallye Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  18. rallye

rallye Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the picture above is from the Australian Safari, it is early leader Warren Strange ,this is Wrex clothing, they do good stuff,and any design you can thinkof.
  19. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thansk for that rally, I was about to ask who did his jacket. :thumb

A silly question: Is one able to measure up provide the details for manufacture? I am unlikely ot be in a position to try stuff on for size in person. :ear
  20. rallye

rallye Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ill soon get some time to do some photos of my new jacket fromWrex, they do it all over email ,i got mine while i was in the US ,they sent it to my hotel.
    rode on the weekend with it ,i got 99% of the measurements right.
    its good quality gear.