Formula Brakes - 2013 upgrades for older bikes

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Jonny042, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Jonny042

Jonny042 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello all,

If you are one of us lucky enough to have a 2012 Gas Gas with the formula brakes, you may have had some issues.....

The good news is these issues should now be solved for the 2013 Formula brakes on Sherco's, and the parts can be used to retrofit to Gas Gas (and 2012 Shercos of course)

See my thread on Trials Central:

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums...la-brakes-sherco-to-the-rescue-2013-upgrades/

I'm hoping it is useful to some people.
  2. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    Yes, I too am a lucky owner of a one year only Formula braked GasGas. I haven't had the issues of some, but have fiddled more with these brakes in the last year, than I did in seven years on my old Beta.

So how much warranty is GG giving us, to fix our bikes with Sherco parts?:D
  3. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
    So happy my '12 Sherco came with the AJPs
  4. Jonny042

Jonny042 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would suggest getting in touch with your dealer and asking him. Seriously. If a little bit of pressure is applied through the necessary channels you never know what might happen. Consider if the Gas Gas factory in Spain dialed up Formula and asked for a bulk deal on the new improved parts, they might buy quite a bit of good will by handing them out to people who would want to upgrade.

To me it's really too bad that GG didn't continue on with Formula - it really is far and above the AJP in terms of engineering - especially with the updates. For sure the 2012 model was rushed to market... I waited 3 or 4 months to get my bike because of supply issues.