Jet fans stand up and be counted!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Jccc, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:
    A must win tonight for the Jets! :deal

[​IMG]
  2. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:
    A rough first quarter for the Jets. Then the Dolphins hit Revis Island!:freaky

[​IMG]
  3. Gyokusai

Gyokusai Consulting Detective

Oddometer:
    If Brandon Marshall was paying more attention to running his route than trying to run over Revis in "Beast Mode" the Dolphins might have had a better result on that play.:D The Dolphins could easily have been up 14-0 early.

The Jets displayed a lot of the same old problems early in that game, but fortunately Moore (Man, that guy is bad.) was missing open receivers. Shonn Greene just doesn't look like a viable, full time NFL back. He's not a threat to run to the outside at all and everyone just stacks the inside on his runs. I love that he runs hard, but his limitations are catching up to him. He's just not a quick enough back. Missing Damien Woody's run blocking ability at RT isn't helping things, I'm sure. Wayne Hunter was impressive against Cameron Wake, at least!

Burress continues to be awful. Can't get seperation, rusty, sloppy and dropping balls. The first two things are new issues, but the last two are old ones. Hopefully Kerley will open some things up being an effective receiver from the slot.

Jets linebackers were getting exploited in space to the outside, but fortunately Daniel Thomas was playing with an injured hammy and Bush got hurt fairly early.

We'll learn a lot about the Jets against San Diego... especially about the Jets defense. If they're still an elite unit they should at least put up a respectable performance against the Chargers.
  4. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:
    We will defiantly see this week how good the Jets really are.

The Chargers should be at 100%.:deal

The Jets must come out early and put up some points. Their meager offensive struggled against Miami. They cannot struggle this week.

Burress does look a little long in the tooth, but remember the guy hasn't played in two years, hopefully he can get things going soon. We need him to contribute.
  5. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:
    Jets better have their chin straps tight. I think San Diego is going to lay a whoopin on them.:freaky
  6. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:

We will see tomorrow!:evil

Rex has pushed some buttons, the troops are now on full alert.:deal:lol3
  7. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:

I was wrong. The Jets are are a pretty good team, even though I wish they would lose out the rest of the year... Ryan is a Big Mouthed Blowhard, and I can't stand him. We'll see how good they are in a couple of weeks...
  8. Gyokusai

Gyokusai Consulting Detective

Oddometer:
    They really came through today. Even if Plaxico Burress can't get separation, he can still grab a third touchdown when the cornerback doesn't realize he has no safety help. :D

Aaron Maybin plays with a hell of a motor, even if he has limitations. It was awesome to see Shonn Greene successfully running to the outside, too.
  9. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was one hell of a win! Hats off to the JETS!!!!!:freaky

Awesome performances by Plaxico Burress & Shonn Greene, great to see them both step up!:thumb

[​IMG][​IMG]

Where right back in the thick of things again.:deal

This week a bye and then off to Ralph Wilson Stadium to face the Bills.:evil
  10. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:
    I think it was more of a case of San Diego imploding, than a rousing Jets victory. They have a lot of work to do before they are a threat to anybody at the top of the AFC.
  11. Beelzabob

Beelzabob Ah man, I think the clock is slow.

Oddometer:
    That ^ and let's not forget the all those questionable calls by the unbiased ref's.
  12. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jets now in a three way tie for first place in the AFC east. :freaky

WOW! Did they lay it on the Bills, just a complete and dominate beat down!:clap

The D forced three turnovers and did not allow a touchdown until late in
    the fourth quarter, basically when the game was over.:evil

Sanchez looked sharp yesterday, going 20 of 28 for 230 yards with 1 TD.:deal

Burress had another solid performance.:wink:

Next week we get the Pats!:D:D

[​IMG]
  13. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Next Sunday, the Pats are having Jets for dinner. Hopefully, they don't taste too footy. :D

Can't wait to see Ryan's puss when Brady blows up Revis island before his eyes.

Ocho's first big game.
  14. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:

The way the Patriots are looking lately, I don't think they are scaring anyone... I hate the fucking Jets, but even with Shaky Sanchez under center, they are winning with kickass Defense. Something the Pats are sorely lacking this season. I want to see them win, but am not confident at all...:cry
  15. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    You missed yesterdays game then. The Pats defense was very stout, as was the Giants. The best the secondary has played all year. They are going to be in a bad mood too having lost two in a row. Yep, we want the Jets to be cocky for this one.....
  16. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    it just pains me to hear that Plaxico will miss yet another week of practice. what this poor man goes through and still manages to play week after week after missing practice year after year with all his injuries. what a warrior. what an inspiration. what a load of horseshit. when are the jets going to wise up and end this charade. oh thats right they've got a fucking moron for a coach he doesn't care. :puke2
  17. shrineclown

Oddometer:

:D

Who dat says Tom Brady lost his dynasty?

Jets have a very good team, coach is just not as brilliant as his gives himself credit for yet. He will get there, unless NY loses patience too soon.
  18. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:
    What a debacle, that's all I can say!

Way too many mistakes to possibly even come close to winning that game.

Things went south pretty early, the Jets first drive falls short and Nick Folk misses a 24 yard field goal.:huh

Then Sanchez calls a time out at the end of the 2nd quarter, leaving way to much time on the clock. The Jets go on to score but leave the Pats with 1:22 on the clock.:rolleyes You know the rest.

Brady and Gronkowski really brought it last night, we just could not stop that tandem.

And there was NO stopping Andre Carter, the guy sacked Sanchez 4.5 times,:eek1 matching his sack total for the whole year.:deal

Next week we go to Denver. Hopefully we can get things back on track.:D
  19. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:
    The key to the Jets winning this game is putting points on the board early, preferably their first drive. They get an early lead and force Tebow into throwing the ball and this game should be over quickly.

Either way the Jets should win this game handily. I'm thinking double digits. Final score: Jets 24 Broncos 10.:deal

No LT tonight.:cry Too bad. His blocking abilities will be missed.

This game should be a entertaining watch tonight especially with Tebow at the helm.
  20. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:
    And Tebow lights up the J-E-T-S.

So let it be written, So let it be done! :lol3

maybe coach will cuss out another fan.:freaky