Bbasso, 2002 Honda XR650L

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Bbasso, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Bbasso

Bbasso my name is Rob

Oddometer:
    Delete.
  2. tactical-T

tactical-T TreeStump

Oddometer:
    Bbasso,
    You might want to go ahead and cut that vent tube down to about 2/3 it's length. That way you don't have to route it way up and over like that. It may also negate the possibility of any kinks. I think the instructions (if yours came with any) suggest doing that. BTW, nice bike/pics
    -T
  3. JediBri

JediBri Glory to GOD

Oddometer:
    That's it! I'm going to finally get rid of the smog system on my 07 XRL. So no jetting changes are needed once you lose the smog stuff? I currently have stock jetting as well, but I live just above 6000ft and the bike seems to run pretty good.

Brian
  4. JediBri

JediBri Glory to GOD

Oddometer:
    Was the fork brace an easy install?
  5. doughy

doughy Less excitable then I used to be

Oddometer:
    Bbasso, The vent tube is fine.. I did the same thing.. No worries. I like the cooler set up on the rear :thumb ... Is the bike a riot?!?!?! I would like to know about the brace too. When you get it on lemme know just how big a difference it is. I think I NEED one. :D ....
  6. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'll help ya. I have an extra carb. and can send photos to explaine. Send PM.
  7. Wattner

Wattner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey BBasso... I am a few hours away in Duluth, Ga and have all of the tools you could need and would gladly install whatever you want, N/C.

I have plenty of space at the house if you want to do a drive, repair then ride... I am looking to ride this weekend!!!!
  8. jmcclesk

jmcclesk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Man you have done a nice job with that bike!!:freaky :clap
  9. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, Cool thread :thumb ...I'm currently giving my BRP some more attention...the carb mods your planning are gonna be great, I took it one step further and got the Edelbrock pumper carb...gas mileage may have suffered but throttle response is what I wanted...I've got a bunch of mods and just love the simplicity of the XRL compared to my KTM :rofl
    [​IMG]
  10. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    By the looks of the adjuster, sprocket & chain you might want to shop around for those as well...how many miles are on the bike?

I love MT-21's but with alot of road riding the rear will only last about 3k...
    I could go on and on...:lol3
  11. Wattner

Wattner Long timer

Oddometer:
    I may be heading up your way on Sunday to ride all day, if'n ya wanna go twist off!!!
  12. banshee8989

banshee8989 AKA: Fartman

Oddometer:

Wow... good to know I am not the only one:D I also had a KTM LC4 before the XRL. Yeah..... the LC4 had its pluses... but damn the XRL just does everything and I spend way less time turning a wrench. It took awhille to dawn on me, but after riding the XRL hard one day and putting it to bed without a bath or anything, then taking it out the next day and doing the same thing...... it just hit me.

"This thing brought back the feeling of what riding is all about and why I started riding in the first place". and that sums up the XRL.

[​IMG]

I was looking for a street legal XRR but I found this a few years back for $2500 with only 300 miles on it and I could not turn it down.
  13. seantx

seantx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Dave's carb mod is the best bang for the buck. More performance gets expensive after that.

Great work on the bike!
  14. Cumbacheech

Cumbacheech XRated

Oddometer:
    The bike looks good with the new tank. I have the same one but in white. You will love it if you already don't by now.
  15. jehu

jehu ∩HƏſ Supporter

Oddometer:
    What about the mess you mentioned in the other thread?
  16. D-man

D-man SALLGOOD

Oddometer:
  17. SloSolo2

SloSolo2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    49 & 485?

I live in Fort Mill on Altura road (which used to be fun) and work near Ayrsley.

Have you seen this thread?
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478638

Hope to see you around, I'm planning to come to the next Charlotte dinner if schedule allows btw.

Jamie
  18. bongodave

bongodave Fixing Stupid

Oddometer:
    I feel for ya, man. I've done the same thing, i.e.; going a long way only to find it was a waste of time. A HUGE waste of time, with nothing to do but turn around and go back, all my time and resources wasted.

I fully understand the urge to punch the guy out. Glad you didn't.
  19. seantx

seantx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is exactly how my last MT21 wore. Strange isn't it? The row with two knobs wore down way below the row with one knob. I guess it would be cupping but it was certainly weird.
  20. murgatroid42

murgatroid42 Great Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The MT21 does that. I've seen this pattern on several different bikes, including mine. I balance the wheel, and run high pressures on the street, but it still wore in this pattern.

The MT21 front is the first tire I've owned that wore down quicker than the rear. 2700 miles on front, 3500+ on my rear D606.