PSSOR Course - finally pulled the trigger

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by SportsGuy, Apr 15, 2013.

1. SportsGuy

SportsGuy icanhazdirt?

Oddometer:
    Sunday, May 26th

Been looking forward to getting some actual skills training, so I signed up for the 9am - 3pm course on the 26th of May. Hoping for decent weather for the run down to Roy and back. :)

Can't wait to actually learn skills to help me handle the KTM better. :D

For those interested:

$185
    bring your own food and water - no breaks for lunch offsite once you start
    PSSOR course dates
  2. SOP Dirt-Rider

SOP Dirt-Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like Roy will be the instructor!! I have a class on the 25th:D

Make sure to ask Roy about the pygmy elk:evil
  3. SportsGuy

SportsGuy icanhazdirt?

Oddometer:
    Do I even WANT to get into this inside joke...? LOL

OK, so I'll be meeting Roy in Roy to play in the dirt. Right. It appears I'm 12 again... :D
  4. SOP Dirt-Rider

Oddometer:
    It's what I tell the kids to remind/fool them into keeping their eyes up. Bunch of goats next door.
  5. SportsGuy

SportsGuy icanhazdirt?

Oddometer:
    I woke up this morning and thought...

"What was it he told me to mention to Roy? Something about pygmy goats, I think..."

lol
  6. DeFens

DeFens Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You'll have fun - and likely be a bit tired by the end of the day! I took the intermediate course twice. The first time in 2011 on my BMW F650GS (only big dually in a class full of 150-230 cc bikes). It was kind of a handful, but I wanted to give it a shot, since that was the bike I usually find myself on out in the woods. Right after the class I bought a lowering link for it - after picking it up way too many times in class.

Last year I took the class again with my wife. I took it on my new Husaberg FE390 (only big dirtbike in a class full of 150-230 cc bikes). It was kind of a handful (but way less than the 650!), but I wanted to give it a shot. Right after the class I took it in to Tasky's and had it lowered an inch and a half - after picking it up way too many times in class. (Notice a trend here? :evil

The class is great. The things my wife and I learned there were immediately applicable on our first attempt on the WABDR last year on our big dual sports (she on my Dakar, my on an R1200GS). After succeeding (but having a rough time) on Segment 2, I'm going to try it again this year, I hope, using the skills I learned in the PSSOR class. On a lowered dirt bike. :D
  7. SOP Dirt-Rider

Oddometer:
  8. DeFens

DeFens Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought about it, but I already know how to pack and camp off my bike, am proficient in GPS and navigation, and know how to work on my bike. I also have had lots of practice in picking various pigs off the ground! So, not sure the class would add a vast amount of new knowledge from this particular class. I'd be more likely to take the experienced dirt bike course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  9. SportsGuy

SportsGuy icanhazdirt?

Oddometer:
    Oh...great...well, I guess I should fit in some workouts prior to this class so I can get built up to be lifting my 690 all day...LOL