Daily scooter user?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by LarryRickenbacker, Apr 19, 2011.

1. LarryRickenbacker

LarryRickenbacker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Howdy,

I live between two very busy streets. It's not unlike SW Houston, traffic-wise! I tend to use my Sh150i as a M-F commuter/errands runner. Oddly, I tend to give my scoot a rest on weekends, when the traffic is even worse.
    Does anyone else find himself employing his scoot less on weekends and more during the week? I know it sounds odd..or does it?
  2. dingosmom

dingosmom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    somewhere in the wilds of north eastern Missouri
    Actually, I tend to use my scooter more on weekends than on weekdays. Work commute usually requires a car but I use my scooter to run into town on errands during the weekend mostly and ride for pleasure then too. I'd like to use it more to commute but usually have to transport things from home to office making the two wheeled transportation a little awkward.
  3. alicethomas

alicethomas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yepp, MBK Doodo (125cc) as my commuter scoot, Kymco Xciting as my touring scoot.
  4. Bronco638

Bronco638 Nobody Home

Oddometer:
    It really kind of depends. Some weekends it sits idle, other weekends, it sees some use. Some weekends I ride my TransAlp.
  5. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    I use it to run errands and commute during the week. Weekend use is more sporadic but occasionally I'll take it on a long ride. 201 miles is my longest one day ride, but that ride included well over 2000 curves:ricky
  6. tastroman

tastroman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I use mine for commuting and occasional weekend errands. I like to take on the challenge of getting a weeks worth of groceries strapped down and I usually grocery shop on Sunday. It's amazing, if I leave wifey at home I can get the job done much quicker. :D
  7. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ride mine all the time.

I tend to rack up more miles on the weekends though. A lot of weekends when its nice and I have nothing to do I'll put 500 miles in 2 days on my Elite 150. I love cruising through the backroads and up to state parks and fun roads.

If the ride will be high speed most of the time I'm going to be using my Shadow though. The Elite doesn't enjoy riding anything over 50 MPH nor do I on it, while this feels slow for the Shadow and its asking for more throttle!

But I take later rides during the week as well. I'd just say it kind of depends. If I'm busy or hanging with friends, the Elite won't see much use on the weekends.
  8. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    My PCX only gets stroked Monday thru Friday. Commuter. Weekends are for the Versys but last weekend I stole my kid's VTX. Tis a shock to go from 125 cc's to 1800 cc's. It's all good.
  9. techguy

techguy Scooter Trash

Oddometer:
    I commute as much as possible on the P250 (taking my daughter to school, too) but most weekend trips are in the cage with the three of us.
  10. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    only thing I ve got so it's in use if I need to go out. 8000 miles in the last year.
  11. THE_SHRUB

THE_SHRUB Potted plant

Oddometer:
    Same boat, In fact, I don't even have a drivers license, just my motorcycle license, so it's two wheels or the bus for me! And as of late, the bus is really starting to wear on me :kboom
  12. lowbuckrider

lowbuckrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    7 days a week, my daughter can't get enough weekend riding.:D
  13. scooterspirit

scooterspirit DaddyGeneralSir

Oddometer:
    Absolutely, I try and avoid high traffic hours and the weekends. Never do Friday rush hour or Saturday. When there are lots of weekend bike riders out on the roads, I feel less safe. Drivers seem to take more care when I'm the only bike on the road, may just be my biased perception though.
  14. mboni

mboni Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, my scooters are my daily commuters and errand runners, but my weekend plans typically require the car.
  15. MarkH67

MarkH67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the license for a car, but I sold the car because I prefer to ride, so it is the scooter every time I need to go somewhere. Buses SUCK! I'd rather ride no matter the weather.
  16. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Yep there was only one month ( Dec) when I didn't ride. Bussing sucked at 5 bucks a day. That s the last time i listen to weather guys saying it's going to be a bad winter. Bad winter my ass there was under 15 days of snow on the roads in vancouver bc. Yes There was days I got off my bike to hear crack , thud, crack , thud. I frozen my balls and ass off but that's life.
  17. Scooterholic

Scooterholic Long timer

Oddometer:
    I commute to work mon-fri on the scoot, but weekends I usually play with the ninja.
  18. mac66

mac66 Quasi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've never heard of just a motorcycle license. Most places have just generic driver's licenses and a special endorsement for motorcycles.
  19. alicethomas

alicethomas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Example: European Union - driving license "class A" - doesn't include any multitrack vehicles, not even 50cc miniature quads.
    And the driving is really different: Motorcycle/car behave different after a jerk on the steering bar/wheel.
  20. Tacoma

Tacoma Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I use my scooter for a twice a month long distance commute (110 miles one way) 1/2 single, and 1/2 -4 lane highways.
    perfect bike, non stop, very comfortable, keeps me dry in the rain, ( even have a cup holder)
    I know! I know! its a scooter, not a touring bike! To me its a mini Gold Wing!

I bought my scooter for a purpose, to feel a need, for long distance commuting, and a few times for joy riding, If you own a scooter to impress other people then you bought it for the wrong reason, if you feel the need to impress young college girls, or older haggy women with tatoos then you need a HD with lots of chrome and a loud exhaust.
    nobody is impressed with your scooter, in fact most people think you're outta your mind for owning one, untill you accept that you'll never be happy owning a scooter, and or a scooter is not for you!