"The Oasis of my Soul", 9th year on the road...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BeemerChef, Nov 27, 2006.

1. BeemerChef

BeemerChef Wandering Homeless

Oddometer:
    WOW!!!... That is all about what I can say!!!... That was after I ditched the K12 which had 98000 miles in 18 months!... never got off those two wheels!
    That brings back some memories!... Had no idea you are on the Forum...
    How are things in extreme GA?... Seems so far away...
    Hopefully will cross path this summer...

Hi VIVID1... that comment WAS dedicated to you dear!!!:lol3 Somehow I knew it would catch your attention if you read the Blog!!!...

Well... Adios Texas! All packed... quick stop in Tucson for some tires waiting for me... and Southern California... I am booked till february now!... There will be days without Internet connections...
    Next Xmas in Big Bend?... The BBR's... will be one year younger by then!

[​IMG]

I was saving this one!!!
  2. GoFar

GoFar My butt hurts.

Oddometer:
    I can't believe I missed seeing you! I was in Ft. Davis with friends on bikes over New Years. Hell, we took Paul and Voni to dinner at the Piasano in Marfa.

Looks like you had fun...I'm big on understatements.
  3. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    I heard about that dinner... heard it was excellent... BIG STEAKS?...:lol3
    Next time will get together for a cook out... They are great people... unfortunately they broke the mold after them!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  4. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    And I just received an E Mail with this picture of Texas Pete, originally from VIVID1's home country, and Leona...
    That was quite a day... right?... sunny day... no wind...
    [​IMG]
    ... and then all Hell broke loose... litterally...

Texas Pete has to be the funniest guy I have met in a long time... in search of a Beer!!!... well, two really... at every stop...:poser :poser :poser
    You had to be there to appreciate it... I know that VIVID1 did...:norton

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  5. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    Riden with ya Ara...

:clap:freaky
  6. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Hey Vance!... Going to see your buddy Ned soon... at the DV... get together...
    Lets go...
    The road misses you...
    I might not have any time to get to Baja this year!... imagine that!
    Anza Borrego... DV... Mojave... much more... the North as it warms up...
    But I am keeping your info on file...
    Be well

Ara & Spirit
  7. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Now on the West Coast and title updated. :thumb
  8. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    I'll be visiting with you before you know it. I'm driving my truck (with Mulekick and Snoid and possibly disconnected) to DVDs to say hello to you and the AAARRRGGGHHH crew! :freaky Let me know if you need any parts deliveries (or anything at all) from Atlanta.

Hitting the road the 24th at 4:00am... I-40 all the way out to ya...

Cheers,

Vance
  9. cagiva549

cagiva549 Gone timer

Oddometer:
    Christmas in Big Bend 07 , I'm already planning , add more farkles to my camper trailer , and spend more time there . SEYA in 07
  10. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

You know the drill if you have ever taken a Freeway, in transit as I call it... and most, unfortunately, because of lack of time, somehow wondering why my time has been lacking now suddenly... needing to get from point A to point B as I am doing!
    It finally was a good decision to take Hwy #10... as you might read it in the Blog...

Till then... you all be well... were going...

Ara & Spirit
  11. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

It rained all night, we, I say we!... slept late... kept raining and there was not much sense going to Tucson trying to find another place to camp... 80 miles away, I thought, leave early tomorrow morning and have a do nothing day!
    Well, the skies cleared up, and actually for the first time I cannot write it all in one Blog!
    So this is part one of what end up being a full day...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  12. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    The journey in motion continues!! Thanks for the great commentary and pics!! Don't be shy about PM'ing me again to update the title, I'm at your service :thumb
  13. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    As usual as you always have been, you are the true gentleman!
    We are going... going...
    I am truly excited about the West Coast... no that I have never been there... but all those deserts... and DVDaze I know is going to be something else... I have I have enough space on my hard drive for all the pictures!!!... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...:lol3 :lol3 :lol3

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  14. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

A quick overnight in Gila Bend, AZ, and here we are now in Anza Borrego, California! I will spell it for the first time...
    A day, or was it two days ago?... returning from the Chiricahuas the sunset was magical... as so was the ride up, all in the Blog.
    Feeling always like a kid in a candy store... that is me today... new maps, new roads with the knowledge that I will be here, in this area anyhow, till it starts warming up a bit...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  15. VIVID1

VIVID1 Ducatistanna

Oddometer:
    That last pizza looks really, really yummy :D What happened with the deal in Chicago? Anything?

My mom thinks you're cute :evil I showed her my trip pictures today.
  16. DawnBreaker

DawnBreaker ride earth then mars

Oddometer:
    Good to see you are still enjoying your ride. I wish I could join you. I dream of the times I am on the road on two wheels.

Wayne
  17. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    No word yet... yes, THAT Pizza was very cute... I mean good!
    I guess we will leave it at that... remember someone's comment that evening?
    And please... pm if you remember... :D

Wayne... right now in the warmth of your home... I don't know... sounds appealing!!!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  18. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Leave some space I always think... with a load like mine the braking effect is just not the same... specially when second in line to a minor fender bender... What was really funny and I wish I had a picture of it, but we had to move along as this happened... We had to wait a while for the accident to be moved. A cop arrives coming the other way... parks and crosses the median by foot...
    They are making some space for us to move along... as we leave... he sprints back to his car as I almost run over him, I look... and the brushes under his car are on fire!!! flames are shooting 3 to 4 feet by the time he reaches the other side... myself wondering what he is going to do... he jumps in the car, gutsy move... and drives it forward! Gets his extinguisher and puts the fire out... his car was not burning... yet! Wonder... wonder... I bet he will never throw that cigarette again down when getting out of his car!!!
    It was down to 19 degrees last night!... I will not complain, I know I am at about the most southern point there could be and everyone else has to be colder. So you will not hear about it... anymore! Instead I will write my day in the Blog, my first day in this unusual State Park...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  19. rustynut

rustynut Sr. Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Ara, Glad you and Spirit are having a great time. Especially glad that you were behing the wreck. As a word of caution to everyone, I saw a car burn completely in a similar situation recently. It was caused when the catalytic converter sparked the grass fire.

Continue to be well, Ara and Spirit!

Billy
  20. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    I was wondering if you where going to be there!
    Baja?... yes, it does sound good... very good... I have all Spirit's papers in order and would leave the rig/camper/trailer in San Diego...
    We can talk... I coud... we could use some warmth!!!...

Lookng forward... the 26th!!!

Be well... and again thanks for stirring me into this camper!... would have been real real rough otherwise for an old man and his dog!!!:lol3

Ara & Spirit