950 Super Enduro "Quick Question(s)" Thread...

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by WARRIORPRINCEJJ, Jun 20, 2010.

1. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would first check throttle cable and brake line shield.
  2. pizzaboy

pizzaboy Been here a little too long

Oddometer:
    I know what you mean about the awkward moments. I guess thats what my hesitation is about, changing one of the main characteristics of the bike. I only have the 400 tamer cam and haven't installed yet. Might be my project this evening. Will report back.
  3. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    I checked them again and the tripple. No visible sign of wear or cause for the noise. Clicking does not occur with weight off the front tire. It also only seems to happen near the ends of the turning range. So it's not the triple hitting at the end it's before then. I'm stumped. :huh

It does seem to resonate thru the handle bars from the fork tubes. But the compression from the tubes feels good and there's no fork fluid leaking.
  4. pizzaboy

pizzaboy Been here a little too long

Oddometer:
    Installation was very easy except for getting grip back on in correct location 20 minutes total. Was using the ProTaper grip glue and it does dry FAST !
    Took bike out for a quick spin, first impression was a much smoother throttle. However, I found myself reaching around and grabbing for more.

Felt like lots of play in throttle cable like needed adjustment.

Will take some getting used to...This is a quick first impression so final judgment is still out.

Do they make a 300 cam???
  5. IDOC

IDOC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I needed to top off my hydraulic clutch resevoir today on my 950 SE, and found it only took a specific type of mineral oil made by motorex....I drove a total of 120 miles to pick some up from my nearest dealer....In the future, if I need to 'top' it off, does anyone know of anything that I could use in its place that I could pick up at an automotive store???
  6. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    I used "Mineral Oil" from a Drug Store in my 690 Enduro Hydraulic Clutch :thumb

The Lever pull feels stiffer when cold, but it's been working fine for over

a Year just fine :ricky
  7. v8toilet

v8toilet Nothing to see here.

Oddometer:
    Fork Oil (lots of guys like 2.5W but you can use any weight the pull just may seem heavier with say 7W)
    Honda ATF
    Baby Oil

If you had to top it off I would check your clutch slave for weeping/leaking.
  8. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    All 6 of my KTM's have been low of hyd cl fluid from the factory :deal
  9. IDOC

IDOC Adventurer

Oddometer:

Thanks to you and V8TOILET, I may just have a few choices next time......Thanks!
  10. IDOC

IDOC Adventurer

Oddometer:

BTW, I will never use baby oil in my clutch unit......Do you know HOW MANY babies that they have to squeeze to make just one pint of that stuff!!???
  11. ct_rider

ct_rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Like many others my voltage regulator just went bad. A call to the local KTM dealer and I found the same as others - it is backordered until November. I was planning a long ride next month - it is BS to wait a couple months for a voltage regulator. I have called around and haven't been able to locate one.

Any idea's where I might be able to find one? KTM World, Munn Racing, and Bike Bandit all came up empty handed.

Are there any other options out there for a non stock replacement?

Thanks for any suggestions!
  12. dogsslober

dogsslober No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer:
  13. jacmac

jacmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was told by ktm tech that voltage regulator from an adventure or super duke is the same the only difference is the length of the wire leads. Do not know if they are on backorder as well?
  14. jacmac

jacmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was told by ktm tech that voltage regulator from adventure or super duke will work in the 950 SE, the only difference is the length of the wire leads. Do not know if they are on backorder as well?
  15. dogsslober

dogsslober No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer:
    Allso they say a yamaha raptor 660 V/R will work.
  16. jacmac

jacmac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Was told by KTM tech. that the voltage regulator from an adventur or super duke is the same voltage regulator in the 950 SE, the only difference is the length of the wire leads. Do not know if they are on backorder too?
  17. ct_rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the advice, I actually found the same site after searching. They do not offer a voltage regulator that will work for the SE.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I was thinking there has got to be another voltage regulator that could be used off another bike. Wouldn't it be easy enough to splice in another high amp/watt voltage regulator from a touring bike or something?

I hate to put the bike away for a month in the fall waiting for a KTM piece.
  18. ct_rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the advice, I actually found the same site after searching. They do not offer a voltage regulator that will work for the SE.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I was thinking there has got to be another voltage regulator that could be used off another bike. Wouldn't it be easy enough to splice in another high amp/watt voltage regulator from a touring bike or something?

19. ct_rider

Oddometer:

20. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Quick note about my previous issue with "clicking noise". I know what is doing it now. The bark busters. Not sure why but it appears as the handle bar flexes ever so slightly as I turn it the bark busters are torquing enough to allow them to click as the collar moves ever so slightly. I tightened them down a bit more and it helped but is still not perfect.