Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Where do you mount the valve? Do you recall what ID you ordered? Thanks.
  2. Duken4evr

Duken4evr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also found that gas could slosh into the 70 Degree tank's vent line. The fuel accumulated at a low point in the line and basically plugged it. As a result, the 70 Degree tank level would not seek a common level with the main tank.

I put a small 1 way check valve for a normal gas cap in the vent line for the 70 Degree tank, right where the vent tube comes out of the 70D tank. Fill the main tank full, and the 70D will fill slower than normal due to the check valve, but it still fills. Takes a couple of minutes or so. Then I just top off the main tank (if I wnat the system full all the way) and am good to go. The valve keeps the fuel out of the line, yet slowly allows the air to move through as the tank fills.

Literally a "cool" pic from today's ride. 35' high snowdrift across the Webster Pass trail. I don't think we will be getting past this spot this year!

[​IMG]
  3. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    1/4" polypropylene valve is what I use and it is cable tied to the side of the frame up by the steering head on the left side.
    I also tried the one way valve makes it to slow to fill up for my liking that is why I use the on off valve.:wink:

4. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Noted, thanks!
  5. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    This 1/4" inline fuel shutoff valve is very small & obtainable at many lawnmower shops :D

[​IMG]
  6. ropedrag

ropedrag Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I went with the Shorai and haven't looked back.

It allowed me to get after the plastic battery box with a saw due to its reduced size compared to the stock battery, which in turn makes some room for the wiring that's stuffed in behind the box. A configuration I found to be less than ideal!

I did buy an extra battery box before I went all crazy and hacked up the one on the bike just in case I screwed it up. $10 + shipping if memory serves. Anyway I didn't need the spare if anyone wants it shoot me a pm. $5 + shipping
  7. Brown Dog

Oddometer:
    Me Too [950SE] :thumb

More CCA'S & More Amp/Hour Rating than Stock = Faster Spinning & Longer Lasting :deal

Plus, the Weight Savings makes it a Win Win Mod IMHO :clap
  8. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shorai is in all of my bikes! :clap
    Great find Brown Dog on the mini shut off valve I like that little guy better. I will swap mine out when it wears out.:wink:
  9. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice tip on the valve BD, already ordered one and expect my 70 deg tank next week!
  10. Brown Dog

Oddometer:
    Glad to help adv'rs out.
    I sold mower parts years ago and remembered this unit.
  11. McLeod

McLeod Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Luggage.
    What is everyone using?

I pick up my FE450 Monday. :clap
  12. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    I have been using Kriega US-20 and US-10 combos on the back mounted via their tank adapter strap system, used backwards so the straps go to the frame near the motor and the clip strap that normally goes around the headstem goes back and around the blinkers (mounted on the rear guard, not the rear mud guard attachment) and joins underneath. Hasn't moved at all once tightened, and you can get a US-30 as well now. (Numbers are indicative of litres, and they are all waterproof roll bags.) That has probably confused the hell out of you.:lol3
  13. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    I need someone to check their bike to see if the left side radiator outlet at the bottom tank is round in shape or is it partially flat from the factory?

Dropped mine on that side and hit the rad guard pretty hard and it worked well, but then I noticed the outlet from the rad tank was not round, but I have never taken any notice of it before.

Thanks.
  14. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    Been using the Wolfman Rolie, waterproof and versatile.
    I can use all three bags at once or any combination, most of the time I just carry one on the top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. PaulXC

PaulXC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just did about 500 miles on my FE 450. Trailered it down to Spain to play in the Pyrenees for a few days.

A few observations ....

Seat is hard as rocks… … not much fun after 120 miles on the trail and 40 odd miles back to base along the highway.

Economical with the standard gearing was doing 100 odd miles on tank - 80 miles to reserve plus 2 litres left.

Should'a removed the rear mudguard, lost the licence plate once, then found it again, then cracked so so I taped it back on and then somewhere on the trail I lost the whole lower fender unit and turn signals….

I had a heavy duty spring on order but it didn't turn up at the shop before I left for Spain so I rode with the standard shock - not really up to my weight so I felt I wasn't getting the best out of it.

Standard gearing is to high - gonna swap for the other sprocket that came with the bike when I drop the new rear spring on.

It's seriously heaps of fun …

I reckon once set up right its gonna be rather sweet.

Attached Files:

16. PaulXC

PaulXC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is that a comfy seat on a Husaberg? Any chance of a full pic?

Cheers

Paul
  17. The Letter J

The Letter J Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is that 2 smalls and 1 medium? Do you feel that it has enough capacity for an overnighter+? I've been researching the rolie system for a few months now and found (through you and Wolfman directly) that one could use 2 mediums and 1 large, but I haven't heard much real world experience from anyone with the saddle bag harness in general. What's your overall thoughts about the system?:ear
  18. Renazco

Oddometer:
    Yes that's correct, two smalls and one medium up top.
    With this system I can go a few days but I pack light, picture shows bags at 80% capacity.

I offer both the Wolfman and Giant Loop systems, comparatively this set-up allows more carrying capacity then the Mojave bag.

Both have pros and cons, The Giant Loop is a one piece throw over the bike system, simple strap down, excellent build quality and ease of use.
    Has a small top bag (good enough for first aid or some tools) Not waterproof
    and the bag sits closer to your legs if you stand a lot and move around.

The Wolfman allows you to use any combination of bags depending on your ride. It's waterproof, excellent build quality, allows you the ability to compartmentalize and sits far bag enough that allows you to not be hindered by the bags if you stand and move around a lot.
    The buckle strap down system is not for the impatient.

19. Renazco

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  20. Husa-Monster

Husa-Monster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here in Canada, Ive got to have a left side mirror to be "legal." Only really a problem if you get caught, but try to avoid problems instead of welcoming them.

Anyways I sorta broke the stocker off my 570 today playing in very tight trails, and was amazed at how much better woods riding was without having the mirror there. What do any of you do to keep the 5-O happy (if you need too,) and maintain handling in the trees? Not a big fan of manually removing the mirror every time I turn off the pavement, rather take my chances getting a fix-it slip.

Any ideas, or pictures of your setups would be great.