'You are going to die' ....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Kamchat, Jan 10, 2010.

1. 1200B

1200B Ride everywhere...

Oddometer:
    Picked mine up the other day and I love this bike!

Attached Files:

2. CuberBob

CuberBob Lurker/roamer

Oddometer:
    Hey Kamchat, this is my buddy Nige.. He's from England, perhaps you know him?
    [​IMG]

Ok People..I'm KIDDING! Just showing off a picture....
  3. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Lol! - No, that's Suzuki's new 'stealth speedo'. :deal
  4. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Yikes! - It's reassuring to know the folk who look after our nuclear weapons have/need drugs counsellors! . :eek1 Lol!
  5. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

You ...and me too:wink: .... it's an awesome machine. :deal.... Congrats on the new bike.
  6. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Oh,... that Nige! - from England ..... we go way back. .... went to school together at England's primary school. :D

Nice pic again ..I see you are getting used to riding at the front and shooting backwards. :wink:

Coincidentally we were down in England last weekend ....stopped for a meal and had afternoon tea in a small village, Finchingfield...... seems a popular spot for bikers ...... which is not a surprise as the road to it from Braintree, the B1053, is a lovely twisty wee road. ...

[​IMG]

Afternoon tea ....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    klaviator likes this.
  7. Neil Claydon

Neil Claydon Don't follow me, I'm lost

Oddometer:
    Great thread and brilliant pics, loving it :clap
    Had to chime in as it seems you have been visiting my local roads.

Neil. :1drink

PS: Keep it up please.
  8. CuberBob

CuberBob Lurker/roamer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Well, no wonder there is trouble there! Motorcycles straight down the center of the stret, and cars going BOTH ways! It's a miracle you are still alive!

Oh, and for some reason, I was back in the pack the 1st day, and leading the pack the second. I wonder why?? :eek1

[​IMG]
  9. AllBlackPearl

AllBlackPearl I'm normal.

Oddometer:
    Hey folks, I finally decided to show you some of the shots my pillion did during our last tour with the Fazer (and the first with the new wee cam).
    We did a nice little ride here in Valais, up to the mountains and along Lake Geneva. Some of the pics are really cool, at least if you imagine other bikers in front of me... :freaky
    It was planned as a test run. I know that the shots only get really good with other bikes in motion. Unfortunately, as I said, it turned out to be the last run.
    So here we go.

Heading towards Aigle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Passing by near Villeneuve, close to the Lake
    [​IMG]

That's how it works
    [​IMG]

Overtaking slow frenchies.....
    [​IMG]

"Maison Blanche" in Yvorne, famous vineyards
    [​IMG]

Going up, the roads get smaller
    [​IMG]

Then, up on the plateau it gets really nice
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    klaviator and Phipsd like this.
  10. AllBlackPearl

AllBlackPearl I'm normal.

Oddometer:
    And now the sad part.
    That's what my baby looks like now.
    Not much left of her.. :cry:cry:cry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car I hit looks similar. I can only repeat that it is a wonder that I'm still sitting here with just a bruised leg. Badly bruised though. I guess wearing all these leathers and protectors is good for something in the end.

Second part of the bad news is, that the pillion who took the pics is gone, too. After almost 10 years. My fault, though. Well, I guess this is not my month.

But hey Kamchat - I think the chances are good for me to visit Scotlant, specifically Glasgow, in the not too far future. :freaky
    Don't try to guess why.....

My financial situation will most probably not allow me to get another ride before next summer or so. It will be a very, very tough time. Don't know what to do without bike.
    Tough times a ahead, for several reasons....

Ride safe, guys and gals!

Slainte!
  11. Danrides

Danrides Traveller

Oddometer:
    I'm off from monday an fancy a blast up north for a few days, you got any rides planned over the next week kam?
  12. ullukk

ullukk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just catching up with the last couple of weeks or so, yet more great piccies on this excellent thread!.
    Seeing photo's of all black pearls beaten up fazer is filling me with sadness tho, i've got the same model sitting in my garage with a fair few injuries also, some dozy car driver decided to plough into the back of me while i was stationary at a roundabout, i got off battered and bruised but the bike wasn't that lucky, was planning my last highland fling of the year as well in a couple of weeks, cannot see insurance getting bike sorted in that short space of time but heres hoping! gunna try and tap them up for a courtesy bike, gixxer maybe!! ha ha!!.

Keep up the great work mate, always well appreciated in this neck of the woods.

Keith, Hull.
  13. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks for 'chiming in' ....:thumb.. judging by our brief visit it is a beautiful part of the world. :wink:
  14. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

You must just be a 'natural born leader' ..:deal..
  15. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Hi Dan ..... Yes, if the weather is decent we will be out again next Sunday :wink:....if it is wet on Sunday but dry on the Monday we will probably go out on Monday instead (Glasgow holiday this Monday). :deal

Obviously I won't know for sure till we see the forecast closer to te weekend. But all being well, we will be meeting at Wetherspoons, Anniesland in Glasgow (9.30) on Sunday (or Monday). Feel free to join us. .... or if you are further north we could meet at The Welly maybe?
  17. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Jeez! What a year for crashes! :eek1.... sorry to read this! ....... Glad to hear you are in one piece though..... hope the insurance pays out quick ..and you get a decent pay out for your injuries too. .... maybe see you north of the border before winter arrives - on a new bike? ....... or that 'courtesy gixxer' .... :wink: Good luck!
  18. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Four of us managed to get out for a run yesterday :D........ just a wee 160 mile jaunt to Inveraray, Tyndrum and back down via Strathyre ...... making the most of a dry Sunday.

Loch Lomond yesterday - this is just off the A82 near Tarbet, looking south down the loch ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Round past Arrochar and along the side of Loch Long...

[​IMG]

Climbing up the A83 to the Rest and be Thankful ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Izzbust

Izzbust Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Kamchat.

Wow you rode down to Finchingfield in Essex......just down the road from me in Suffolk!!!

Thats one hell of a ride out. Hope you enjoyed East Anglia and you will come again.:clap