Hacks Related CL/eBay/Other Finds of Interest (Not Flea Market - No Inmate Ads Allowed)

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Dr Jim, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Dr Jim

Dr Jim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mod Edit:

Note: Previously this was a "grandfathered" thread that co-mingled both site inmate flea market ads and CL/eBay "finds" information which is not allowed in the flea markets on the site. To correct that situation, we are separating the two threads. Inmate flea market ads related to Hacks can be posted in the FM thread. Other items of interest to some such as CL/eBay finds can be shared in this thread which does not include inmate sales. Please review the flea market rules and the helpful checklist here before posting a flea market ad in the FM thread. Do not post inmate FM ads in this thread as those are restricted to the FM threads under the rules that govern the flea market. This is the same structure that is in place in some other similar sub-forums.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that the moderators still loathe, abjure, and despise links to eBay listings - so I'll just sort of casually mention, quietly, out of the corner of my mouth - while appearing to be reading 'GSPOT"

PSSST! Hey Buddy - there's a pretty well sorted-out BMW F650 (year2000 Funduro, Aprillia manufactured, with carbs) with matching Velorex 562 rig up on eBay for the next two days.

The bike has reasonably low miles (under 10K) and the install looks competent, although I don't recognise the subframe used. and am slightly puzzled that the installer chose to mount the steering damper on the bike's left side, rather than the more typical right-side placement where the chair protects it.

The bid price is a bit stiff, but not unreasonable for a very clean rig in good mechanical shape that's been sorted out.

I've gleeped some pics and rehosted them, not very big, but the rig does look nice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wife Katherine has put about 15K on our F650/Ural combo, and it's been a stone reliable city commuter with realistic pretensions to running the super-slab (with the Ural's windshield folded down I've seen 89 MPH on the GPS, and cruised comfortably in the high 70's for several hours at a time). With the lighter and more areodynamic Velorex, this should be a decent performing sidehack combo.

Our bike now has clocked over 50K miles, about half those pulling a 275Lb sidecar, I finally replaced the clutch last month, but it feels like it's willing to go another 50K.

With all of the folks muttering "I've just GOTTA find a hack fer to carry the dog, the beer, and the ole lady (not neccessarily in that order, sometimes the beer comes first, and sometimes they can ride together - if your dog drinks beer ....) someone should give this rig a happy, new home.

Cheers

Jim
  2. cactakla

cactakla n00balicious

Oddometer:
    I have no affiliation with this bike.....

I was at Velocity Motors in Richmond, VA looking at Urals. They have an Arctic Gear Up available, although not advertised on their site.

Apparently they've advertised it on the Ural board as well.

Don't know any info beyond that, although since I keep seeing folks drool over the though of owning one, I thought I'd pass it on.
  3. Spicy McHaggis

Spicy McHaggis Darth Peach's cracker...

Oddometer:
    It's a well known fact that the Arctic GearUps are by far the toughest ones out there...:ricky

[​IMG]
  4. Scott Davis

Scott Davis Which way did they go?

Oddometer:
    Ural Info:

2006 Ural Tourist with Side Car. Titled as new bike in November 2007.
    Bike has just over 6k miles and runs like new.

Gloss black paint and chrome trimmings. Looks great. Some minor paint chips and scratches from normal riding.

Bikes comes with a home built Camo Trailer and hitch for all your camping pleasure, or to haul guns to the firing range as I used it for.

Asking: $7900 obo

PM if interested!

Scott
    Concord, NC

Photos from the Tenn TAT last Fall.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->
  5. AceRph

AceRph Retired slacker

Oddometer:
    Most of the other forums don't allow CL or Fleabay links in or FS outside of Flea Market.

Since Hacks are a small and sort of specialized portion of the ADV continuum, I've been leaving them intact, but there are increasing number of those kinds of posts & putting them in one place seems like a good idea to make it easier for a hack pilot (or potential one) to find them.

Over the course of the next couple of weeks, I'm going to merge them into this thread unless the thread has opened to a discussion.

Please help me out.

Thanks. Ace
  6. Captain Hobo

Captain Hobo Complete Bastard Supporter

Oddometer:
    Waitsburg and Biscuit Ridge. Seattle no more.
    Almost. Everyone knows Nato-Camo Gear-Ups are tougher and prettier, too.
    [​IMG]

Does starting a flame war count? ;)
  7. AceRph

AceRph Retired slacker

Oddometer:
    Yes! :turkish :fight :war
  8. Ray R

Ray R Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know where there's a 2001 BMW K1200LTC with a Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar rig. Looks to have pretty low miles. It's listed on Portland's Craigslist with photos.
  9. chairhead

chairhead HAIRY

Oddometer:
  10. GarageCall

GarageCall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. mabs

mabs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just posted my newly uncrated but several years old sputnik sidecar on ebay. A good dual sport hack
    I picked it up a few weeks ago while searching for a hack for an old cb750 I have. I really wanted something a bit smaller /lower but got a good deal on this and ended up bringing it home.
    Check it out on ebay and if it's something you're interested in make me a reasonable offer here. Would also consider trading for another hack
  12. GarageCall

GarageCall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. riderdog

riderdog n00b

Oddometer:
    1999 Ural Bavarian Classic sidecar rig. Electric start with REVERSE. New tune-up, battery, fluid changes, runs great. 10K miles. Factory tool kit, pump, manual, etc. Sidecar windshield and tonneau cover. Rides great. Only flaw on the rig is a dent in the sidecar nose, easily fixed. Email hensley.wayne@millercoors.com or call 513-464-1882 or 513-594-5378.
  14. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  15. BuellGrrrl

BuellGrrrl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Even if you can't do any long trips with it, there's nothing that says you can't just ride it around the neighborhood!
  16. Sidecar Sarge

Sidecar Sarge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've got the Ural Retro for that. It would be a waste of a good high-speed rig that someone could put to use for what it was designed.

Sarge:devildog
  17. uraldog

uraldog vagabond

Oddometer:
    that Retro will go anywhere the beamer would --just not as fast-- but when your on the Retro your to busy enjoying the ride to to care how fast you get there :D just keep ridin Sarge
    brstar likes this.
  18. bongodave

bongodave Fixing Stupid

Oddometer:
  19. Nelms

Nelms Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think that was an old ad. The guy ended up selling it on Ebay for like $480 about a week ago. In fact, that link doesn't work anymore.
  20. Bad Cat Racing

Bad Cat Racing F1 Sidecar Racer

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the thread... I'll post up F1/F2/Vintage racing hacks as they pop up for sale with details and contact info.

-Mike-