Mid Michigan and the Thumb Photo Tag Game Extravaganza!!!!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by mikesova, Sep 6, 2012.

1. two trackin fool

two trackin fool Long timer

Oddometer:
    Alright this blows ! Im at my planed tag & I don't think it is gonna work out ~

So back on the road I go to find something & My phone doesnt have a flash ?
  2. the_sandman_454

the_sandman_454 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unless it's illegal to be there, why's it not work out? Maybe even if it is?
  3. two trackin fool

Oddometer:
    TAG

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WHILE your here you should check out how far the water is down !!!! I took some pics of that too .
    I will explain the planed tag later .
  4. two trackin fool

Oddometer:
    Isnt it amazing how people start to change in such a short distance North !
  5. Beardoge

Beardoge Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Yes it is !
  6. two trackin fool

Oddometer:
    This was my first choice for the tag but when I got there its fenced off . You cant get to it . I hope its a seasonal thing .

[​IMG]

Could be a cool stop if you could actually see it .
  7. Beardoge

Oddometer:
    Man we better get some movement on the tag this week ! I'm delaying putting my bike away for winter... I guess nowadays you just have to keep everything ready to go all the time because of these crazy weather swings...
  8. Beardoge

Oddometer:
    Off the DNR's site ..

The Petroglyphs will be open for viewing Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 10AM-5PM through September 25 (please call to confirm hours and dates). The archaeological site may also be available for a special viewing during the rest of the year via a Use Permit. Contact the park at 989-856-4411 and ask to speak to the park supervisor. The rest of the park contains a one mile hiking trail that crosses the Little Cass River in two places. The trail is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. year-round. Send any correspondence to Sleeper State Park, 6573 State Park Rd, Caseville MI 48725

I never knew about these I guess I'll have to go sometime now !
  9. two trackin fool

Oddometer:
    Bulk Food store,
    One of the owners drove up to me on his fork lift wanting to know why bikes were showing up taking photo's of his sign ~ He seemed alright with the advertisement :clap.

Well it seems that there is only three of us running around the east side of the bay .:huh
    So all hands on deck :rofl
    I have a new rear shoe on the way just in case crappy weather shows its ugly face !! But the weather man is calling for nice weather this week .:D

I can't keep grabin my own tags :deal .

I saw so menny cool things along the way but no real way for them to be found other than gps cordinates so I didn't think they would be usable ??? :ear Any thoughts :ear

Well lets keep this baby rollin :wink: .
  10. jbmac

jbmac Mitten Man

Oddometer:
    You can tag any place. You don't have to give the exact GPS location of the tag or have an official marker. You can come up with some riddles or hints as to road names, nearby businesses, etc. You can also include additional photos to help travelers find their way. Have some fun and get creative if you are the type.

I plan to put a couple tags in the middle of nowhere on some dirt roads. If people are having problems you can give more hints, and if all else fails the long/lat.

Some of the fun is figuring out where it is sometimes. Now that softball season is done I will have some more time, and see what I can do about getting you thumb folks to chase the tag a little farther :)
  11. two trackin fool

Oddometer:
    OH sweet :evil ~ I didn't relize , I was thinking It had to be searchable on the net :thumb. To bad I hate running the same road twice.
  12. Beardoge

Oddometer:
    I'd love to keep playing but I have to admit Port Hope is a little far for a small dirtbike during the week.... I know I know whining....:dj
  13. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Searchable on the net, to some extent at least, is very helpful as it gives at least an area to head towards for those that aren't familiar with a specific area. However, a small challenge can be fun as well. Just keep in mind, this whole thing is about riding and seeing sights / riding roads one wouldn't normally hit passing through.

Now, I just wish I had some damn time to ride.
  14. mikesova

mikesova Michigander

Oddometer:
    agreed.
  15. jbmac

jbmac Mitten Man

Oddometer:
    Mid 70's, no rain, I have high expectations for you guys today and tomorrow...
  16. two trackin fool

Oddometer:
    BUMP :hide
  17. Dyno

Dyno Conquistador

Oddometer:
  18. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So im on the way to get this tag. Been on the road since 630. The Honda Sport Couch is running well when all of a sudden the lights start flickering. Ugh. Pulled into a gas station to check the obvious issues but nothing is found. Looks like ill be turning around and going home. No sense and putting another 300 miles on hoping the bike isn't developing an issue that doesn't leave me stranded.

Maybe later ill hop on the BMW if I make it home. Ugh.
  19. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Didn't make it home nor did I get the tag. Still, ill post a photo while I wait for a tow.

[​IMG]
  20. Beardoge

Oddometer:
    AAgghhh that sucks oz !!!

Did you call a tow truck to pick that bike up ? I always wondered what you would do it that ever happened on a big bike like that..