KTM 530 EXCR- More better!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by neduro, Apr 3, 2008.

1. B-Rod

B-Rod RubberNecker

Oddometer:

The big one is 6.3 gallons, and the smaller one is the 3.4. Both available here.
  2. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    John,
    I have the 25 liter KTM tank, but I haven't finished mounting mine yet, so can't give you mileage estimates. Other riders have told me they get around 48 mpg with their 530's running the 14/50 sprocket combo.

YMMV certainly applies here.....:lol3
  3. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:
    That is a cool option!

Can you give some more info on your setup please? Is there a rack under there (underwear??) and who makes the bags, etc. This is an option I may consider as well. Do you have any problems with the bags getting caught up in debris / low clearance aread like ruts?
  4. Xmoto

Xmoto Death Race

Oddometer:
    Can anyone recommend a set of directions. I keep breaking them, thanks. :ear
  5. bigborefan

bigborefan I know a lot, and what I don't know, I lie about.

Oddometer:
    Renazco, sounds like your old, so you can afford it....:D Go ahead and get the suede. It will get dirty and look like hell in a year, but no more monkey butt.

XPC if you can't wait on Renazco maybe? Anyone?
  6. oinky1982

oinky1982 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Everybody,

First, sorry for my english,

second, when i'm riding at a constent speed, like 85 mph, for more than 20 second, My bike start to knock from everywhere. I feel iT in the whole bike.. I think the problem come from the chain, it slap up and down (I think) may be the problem come from some whre else????? Since I ve this bike I got this on confortable thing on road or on easy gravel road, when the bike his on accellaration it is ok, it's really just happen at constent speed. Please help me, cause I'll finish by sell this beast if I cannot found the problem. I ride 15/50 gearing
  7. Deseret Rider

Deseret Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The bags are from Dennis Kirk and are about $85. I formed a upside down 'U" out of 1" PVC pipe by carefully heating it to just the right critical temperature and then bending it over the seat and hanging down both sides of the bike and attached that to the bike and the bags to the "U" frame which keeps the bags secure. Later, I found that I could eliminate the "U" frame simply by shortening up the section between the bags and letting them ride on the fenders while secured to the original ties previously used to hold the 'U" frame. The bags are not large---as you can see---but work nicely for day trips. They are of a synthetic leather but I'd give them an "A" for value---they do everything I want them to do.

I've never tested to the full range of my 3.4 gal tank----would not want anything bigger----and for the riding I do---primarily a weighted mix of dirt with a little hi-way---I typically get a little better than 50 mpg with 14/48 gearing (and usually the computer shows an average speed of 26-28 Miles per hour --typical days ride 100 miles and about 85% dirt)
  8. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    I have an XPC on my 530, and a Renazco on my DR, and a Renazco on my (former) DRZ.

The XPC is ok, the Renazco's are great. I'd wait for a Renazco in the future (and I did, with the current seat on my DR441).

I've ridden Renazco's on bigger bikes - 950's, big BMW's and such - and personally somewhat prefer more street-oriented seats for those types of bikes (i.e. Corbin, Sargeant, etc.), but for a smaller dirt-bike, you can't beat James' seats IMHO.

YMMV.

dc
  9. Wattner

Wattner Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a similar experience... Foam hard and just bad. A quick call to Seat Concepts had new foam and a new cover on it's way, no charge. MUCH better, wider and very comfy!

GREAT service as well!

Bought an XPC, and it's nice, but and a BIG but... Nothing is as comfy as the Renazco that I settled on!!!
  10. Krazyjohnny

Krazyjohnny Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am still going through my new to me 530 and noticed it has a 14 / 48 sprocket set-up on it. Don't really know if that is good or bad. Just know it is not stock. I am also going to be looking for some exhaust shielding. I almost burnt the piss out of myself last night reaching for the kicker. Wow! that thing is close.
  11. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Small bags, and here's the best shot I could find:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:

Oh man! That is a NICE set up.... Thanks Ned!

From the looks of it, you and I will almost have twin bikes once I get everything set up... I'm just sorting out the routing of the fuel lines from the throttle side petcock on the big tank... once I finish that, the last thing I need (for now:D) is some day luggage...

I am SOO excited man! :clap
  13. KMC1

KMC1 There is no spoon.

Oddometer:

:roflI just noticed that boulder behind you guys there!!
    What is that?? That is just too cool :clap

I was pretty focused on looking at your setup I guess.... :lol3
  14. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Dirt Biker

Oddometer:
    Sicass Racing has the LED turn signal thing dialed in. If you get front and rear, get their relay too.
  15. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Dirt Biker

Oddometer:
    I'm guessing that you are experiencing a bounce caused by your wheels being out of balance.

They are out of balance primarily due to the rim locks which hold your tires in place in low pressure conditions of low traction. Rim locks can be removed if you run higher pressure but you loose traction.

There is an inmate on this forum who sells a beautiful wheel weight kit specific to the EXC to fix your problem. He is also on ebay. I have not tried this kit as I rarely ride my bike faster than 110km/h and usually for only a few minutes.

Maybe some other 530 rider can post up the links...
  16. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Motion Pro makes some ultra light rim locks. Nice parts, plastic gripper area and very light, cheap too.
  17. Yardstick

Yardstick Hydrophobic

Oddometer:
  18. Deseret Rider

Deseret Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What tires are you running? Oinky?
  19. Bungholio

Bungholio Long timer

Oddometer:

Put a second rim lock on the opposite side of the wheel from the existing one. Did this to the rear of mine and it balanced out pretty well. Have not done the front yet.
  20. oinky1982

oinky1982 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    HI the wheel are already balanced and the sound came from the chain when I am feel the vibration and ear the noise, if I look at the chain it goes up and down in anormal way ?????