2014+ DL1000 Vstrom

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by The Game, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that could easily bring weirdness to a new level!!

I don't care about the beak, but I wish it had dual headlights, or at least that it will have as good headlights as the older one.

Still remember it is a concept bike that we saw, not guaranteed everything will look the same when(or if?) it goes into production.
  2. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It'll make it look like the RAM air intakes on the great-great-grandmother.. :evil

(at least with a good portion of imagination)
  3. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    the thing that bugs me is the welded on supports for the passenger pegs and the muffler. It would be better if there were only one support on the right side that served both the passenger peg and the muffler. Also if a separate support is necessary for the pegs, then they should be bolted on so owners can remove them if they aren't needed.

Other than that, I like it. Even the red is growing on me.
  4. cbx750p

cbx750p n00b

Oddometer:
    Have been riding the K4 Vstrom since 2004. Been looking for a replacement recently but there doesn't seem to be any suitable ADV bike......with the right pricing, equipment, size, set up and Japanese reliability.

Fell in love with this new Vstrom immediately. Like everything about this new design but may really miss the dual H4 headlight set up. However, with the elimination of the buffeting effect of the previous model, I would say it would be worth it. Hope the new light would be sufficient though.

Hope that it would arrive next year here in Singapore !
  5. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If it's not sufficient, a pair of LED aux lights would do wonders I think. And if the bike is priced right, that would be a good solution - let those that want/need more light get it, and the others not pay for it. Although they may have done a good enough job on the light that it's not needed. Dammit, can they get this bike on the road already, so that people with oipinions (journalists) can report about these kinds of things, and give us more to talk about!
  6. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    People hang LED's on R1200 GS al lthe time, and the Tiger 1050 low beam is an insult. Good lighting like the old V-Strom should not be taken for granted.
  7. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If it does not have equal or better lights than previous, I'm gonna count that a big minus.

And yes, there are many bikes, even new bikes, whose lights are a total joke. Can sometimes save your life, to be able to see well in the dark, so that's something the factories should take more seriously, especially on touring bikes.
  8. 10/10ths

10/10ths Road Trip Fool Supporter

Oddometer:
    .....all you people are a bunch of winers.

Buffeting, lighting, jeeze!!!

The freaking bike won't be out for another year.

NO machine is perfect. EVERY machine needs SOME kind of modification to personalize it for YOUR body and needs.

I own a V-strom, is she perfect? No. But you know what? I have modified the bike for MY needs and now she is SPECTACULAR!!!

As far as the whole "ugly" business, darn near every time I stop for gas, or stop for a bite, average people who don't ride approach me and tell me, "Cool bike!".

Why do people have to always fill these boards with such non-stop negativity?

I bet you all complain that the BMW K1600GT gets "lousy" fuel economy.

Come on.
  9. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well if the lights are known to be among the best in the market, and then comes a new model, where they're average, pardon me if I'm gonna think it's a failure in that area. And sure you can improve this and that, and no bike is 100% ready on the showroom floor - but in this case, why the hell would you have to start messing around with the lights on a -14 model, when you haven't needed to do it on a -02??

"If it ain't broken".. And so on.
  10. precarious

precarious Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As much as I loved the lights on my Strom, I ran aux lights all the time, anyway. My LED light bar overpowered the HID-converted headlights. I think it looks a lot better; still ugly, but, hey, it wouldn't be a Strom if it wan't. While I miss the surprised insect look, I think this change is good. The light will undoubtedly be fine for most. If it isn't fine, then most of those people - like myself - would probably have fit aux lights automatically, anyway. If it helps the wind issues, then it's a win. Lighting is an easy fix.
  11. 10/10ths

Oddometer:
    ...why did they change the headlights?

Because it's a freaking REDESIGN of the old bike!!!!!!!!!

Come on, Man!!!

Really!?!

If they kept the same lights, it wouldn't be a NEW bike.

You people kill me. If it had the same old lights, you would all complain that there was "nothing new here."

Give me a break.
    Moto-Dude likes this.
  12. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    I always maintained that the V-Strom was like the nerdy HS girl who sat next to you in class. Then you both get drunk at a beach party and find out she has an incredible body. :evil She still looks nerdy to everyone else - but you know better!
  13. ph0rk

ph0rk Doesn't Care

Oddometer:
    I wonder how light they're going to be able to make this.

If they can inch under 500lbs wet, I may have a new crush.
  14. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fine with me, long as it still has excellent lighting. One of the big upsides of all Vstroms from day one. If 'redesign' means a step backward, somethings gone wrong.

But maybe it's enough about lights already.. we don't know, if they are good or bad, until we have the actual production model.
  15. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My thoughts exactly the day I first rode one. Sitting on it, it's like doing that girl from behind - you just see that great body :evil
  16. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That´s the post of the month right there – you´ve explained the "thing", that the V-Strom has much better than I ever could.. :lol3 :lol3 :lol3
  17. 10/10ths

Oddometer:
    ...has always been good with a turn of phrase. He keeps the Strom Trooper board alive.
  18. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why hasn't anyone photoshopped an all black version yet?

Or did I miss it.....
  19. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Never mind. Found one.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355565808.547270.jpg
  20. K0m4

K0m4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Makes the beak somehow less conspicuous. I'd like to see a white one though, I think it might just look nice!