MT1000 2011 Pics

Discussion in 'Photos' started by Chadx, Jul 24, 2011.

1. viola-tor

viola-tor Needs to ride!

Oddometer:

Hmmm, doesn't seem to work. Privacy settings perhaps? Cool idea, lemme see! :evil
  2. Wansfel

Wansfel I'm not lost! The world is just a bit misplaced.

Oddometer:
    :ddog:ddog

Yup privacy setting wasn't set to "public" should work now, but you may still have to have a Facebook account.
  3. motojosh

motojosh Mildly Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great pics everyone!

:nod :tb :tb :tb
  4. Chadx

Chadx my toot toot

Oddometer:

Nice!:clap
  5. Baja Ho

Baja Ho Momentum is your friend

Oddometer:
    Central Coast, CA. USA & Cabo San Lucas, Baja Sur
    Late to this party. Yes we had an awesome time last year, great to see some of the gang in the pics. And did somebody say Baja. :ear :D

6. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm finally resting at home after a full summer of riding. I've put my pictures up on at the following link. It was a great time riding the MT1000 for the second time.

https://timmer.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-Rally/MT1000-2011/18998761_rvk2rq

Here's a few teaser pictures:

A happy father/son team

[​IMG]

One of the many scenic roads (unfortunately it led to a locked gate)
    [​IMG]

Flat #2

[​IMG]

Got Bear?
    [​IMG]

A nice lunch view in the Gravelly Range (Black Butte)

[​IMG]

A nice fire in the Gravelly Range at 8k feet

[​IMG]

Big Sheep Road
    [​IMG]

Riding the old Bannock Wagon Road
    [​IMG]

Wisdom, MT
    [​IMG]

Thanks to all the guys who came on the ride. I'll be back next year if there is another running of the MT1000.
  7. HouseofBeaver

HouseofBeaver Dont harsh my mellow

Oddometer:
    Reside in Anchorage, Live in Talkeetna (AK)
    What a blast! Before this trip my dad had about 100 total motorcycle miles in the last 30 years. Day one of the MT1000 he about doubled that...mostly in the gravel. After doing the 1000 and Westfest and meeting you FFs that were there, I think he gets it now and I think he's hooked, He's been riding a little almost daily and talking about what ride we should do next!

[​IMG]

Eventually we all found our way around this traffic jam. Ditches are fair game on a dual sport!
    [​IMG]

Supervising.
    [​IMG]

The locals.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Timmer

Oddometer:
    HoB,

Glad you and you dad liked the trip. Thanks for posting your pictures. Hope to see you on the trail in the future. You would have loved the WABDR or the Sasquatch rides.

Tim in Burien, WA
  9. HouseofBeaver

HouseofBeaver Dont harsh my mellow

Oddometer:
    Reside in Anchorage, Live in Talkeetna (AK)
    Timmer,
    Thanks for posting the link. My dad and I will meet up for a ride or two together next year for sure. We may be hitting you up for suggestions. I really want to ride down with my 11 year-old daughter on my 12GS but my wife and I are still discussing that one. Despite her hitting me with "...end of discussion", I still think it's possible! :D
    I'm glad we linked up with you down there; it could not have been a better ride!
    You have an open invite to AK!
  10. Timmer

Oddometer:
    Eric,

You two were a delight to be around. Seeing your Dad's excitement about riding was contagious. I'm hoping to get to AK for HYDERSEEK in 2012 and then ride on up into the "BIG" part of AK which I missed in 2009 when I was there last. If you come down, I'd love to take you on the WABDR which runs in the WA Cascades. I'm also planning for a ride to Denver in August, 2012 so I might be able to hook up with your Dad in Cody. Could you PM or send me an email with his email address. I don't think I have it.
  11. Snirt-MT

Snirt-MT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

It's pictures like these that are propelling me to make sure I do the Montana 1000 this summer. What is the shortest amount of time you would want to do it in? I'd like to have a week, but with a new baby time is precious.

Anyone interested in doing it in August?
  12. Snirt-MT

Snirt-MT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking at being able to do the 1000 somewhere between August 28th and Sept 8th. Bueller?
  13. viola-tor

viola-tor Needs to ride!

Oddometer:
    Hey, thanks for the bump on my photo, but unfortunately I'm out for this year. Sad... :-(

It was in late June the last two yrs, I'm not sure if the motivation is there since WestFest is not in Darby (but I'm not local to MT, so who knows!). If you want to take the reins go ahead and start planning! I'm sure you could find some screwballs to tag along with you! It's fantastic countryside. It'd be fun to do a trip like this with a couple of close buddies.

Diek
  14. motojosh

motojosh Mildly Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
  15. MoonDogMT

MoonDogMT ride on

Oddometer:
    Actually, it was mid-July; July 18th through July 23rd in 2010 and July 17th through July 22nd in 2011.

June can be pretty nasty in the mountains (it's snowing today and this weekend).

However, this winter didn't put as much snow down, so if it doesn't turn cold and wet, it may be feasible earlier.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot .. Timmer is doing an informal 1000 this year ... look here:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=746710

FWIW

md